Where are the AR Training Missions?

Cornagandarub

So I've beaten the game and I'm going back and doing riddler puzzles and side missions that I skipped. While going around I came across a riddler trophy I couldn't get. Naturally I searched it up and found that I needed the Grapnel Boost and this came from doing the AR Missions. The only problem is I can't find them. They aren't marked on my map as side missions and I don't ever remember hearing about them. Does anyone else have this problem?

They are the red Bat symbols you'll see. The first one is on one of the cranes near the steel mill. After completing each one the other the next will pop up on your map.

You only need the first four to get the grapnel boost, but there's only four more after them to beat all the missions, so it's worth doing them all in one run.

They are the red Bat symbols you'll see. The first one is on one of the cranes near the steel mill. After completing each one the other the next will pop up on your map.

You only need the first four to get the grapnel boost, but there's only four more after them to beat all the missions, so it's worth doing them all in one run.

I've never seen any of these red bat symbols. Are they supposed to be on your map?

I've never seen any of these red bat symbols. Are they supposed to be on your map?

I don't think they pop up on your map until you touch the first one.

They are only about 5 foot tall off the surface.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Yy3dXBFx0]AR Knight Achievement Guide - Batman: Arkham City - YouTube[/ame]

This shows you where they are and how to do them if you need help. I know one or two are infuriatingly tricky.

Edit: I got it wrong where the first one was, it is near the cranes but not right on top of them.

I don't think they pop up on your map until you touch the first one.

They are only about 5 foot tall off the surface.

This shows you where they are and how to do them if you need help. I know one or two are infuriatingly tricky.

Edit: I got it wrong where the first one was, it is near the cranes but not right on top of them.

The problem is I never got any sort of alert for the AR missions and I even went to that location and saw no red bat. I guess my game must be glitched or something. I hope they end up patching this.

• 1 year later...

Ok, for anyone interested, this problem solved itself really.

I was getting all the Riddler Trophies during Protocol 10 with the helicopters and stuff. I decided to just do the final mission (taking down Strange in Wonder Tower) and finish everything off in New Game Plus.

After defeating Clayface/Joker, the game then allowed me to free roam, including the AR missions (which had never shown up on my map until this point).

I could collect all but two Riddler Trophies (number 8 on rows 1 and 2 in the Industrial District), but that didn't really matter because I still unlocked all of the Challenge Maps.

Hope this helped. :)