Rate the trophy difficulty...  

646 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_7.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.04

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not voting until I get it of course but I'd say around a 6 or a 7 maybe. We'll see once I finish but so far neither the challenges nor the main game have been much more difficult than Arkham Asylum. The challenges actually are easier I think, no timed ones like shock and awe, though I think there is a modifier you have to use at some point in the campaign challenges that adds a timer.

I'll be factoring everything into my vote. Solving all the riddles without use of a guide (don't even think there is one yet), which is what I'm attempting, is pretty hard in itself in addition to the trophies that involve combat. This will probably be what takes me the longest to do.

If what I hear about the challenges being easier than Arkham Asylum is true, then I'm not worried about them. I'd say without use of a guide the game deserves a solid 8 in terms of platinum difficulty, but we'll see when the time comes to make an actual vote.

Edited by darklingpersona

I'm voting on a 9 only for the fact that doing it on Hard is harder than the first one i think especially fighting the armed criminals. And the riddles i haven't actually tried the traps that riddler has, but most of the trophy ones are pretty easy you just need the right equipment.

Oh and it has challenge room trophies . If you did the arkham asylum ones then you'll probably know how much those sucked. Thats my vote and im sticking to it.

Edited by borellius

I won't vote until I complete the game and acquire the platinum (as you should) but seeing it's more of the same, only with the Riddler trophies amped up and even more challenges, I can't see my vote of an '8' differing from Arkham Asylum...

I am totally loving the game right now. It should take me right up to Uncharted 3.

I'm nearing 60% game completion and the challenges seem to be just like Arkham Asylum. If anything, it's been more difficult with more tactics that needs to be used and more freeflow challenges to complete. It's not the most difficult challenge to complete, but it takes a LOT of practice, and perfection is key to success...which means, for me, this is going to take a while like asylum did.

I'm voting 9 as a safe bet right now. Here's my reasoning:

- Game length is similar to Arkham Asylum, but 2 playthroughs are required instead of 1.

- It's much tougher to get 100% of all Riddles than Arkham Asylum (15 hours v. 25-30)

- Campaigns, while 3 Challenges together, are really difficult to get 9 out of 9 on.

- NG+ doesn't seem to require 100%, although Stats are recorded for it.

- Combat Challenges are a tiny bit harder than Arkham Asylum

- Random Nature of Riddler Thugs, and Side Missions slow the game down

Note: - Catwoman makes getting some (~10) Trophies A LOT easier, but without her, they're really hard to get.

That seems to always happen once the thread is made. :p

It seems that it's good to 'estimate'!

I'm aiming for the Plat. the original AA was only a 6 or a 7 I'd say. - It was my first platinum trophy (I've since got 3 or 4 more)

I found the original AA challenge rooms became a bit of an annoyance but were certainly doable with patience. - I'm hoping the AC ones are the same. Don't want to wash through them in one go, but don't want to spend hours on them either. - Gladiator scene is anything to go on ( with the Titan) - I should have no problems, - I took one hit out of the entire lot (both waves).

Loving the story mode so far though.

6 for me. I just beat the game on New Game+ after a Hard playthrough (a smart move, IMO) and I didn't die much. I already got all of the riddles and sidequests done, some of the riddles are really tricky but fun to solve. The combat challenges are like AA, which I played 100% at least 3 times, so I was able to do them all on my first try.

I think the real challenge is the Freeflow Perfection 2.0 which is hard because you have to keep track of all the moves and there are so many of them.

6 for me. I just beat the game on New Game+ after a Hard playthrough (a smart move, IMO) and I didn't die much. I already got all of the riddles and sidequests done, some of the riddles are really tricky but fun to solve. The combat challenges are like AA, which I played 100% at least 3 times, so I was able to do them all on my first try.

HOLY CRAP! nice work! I'm gonna guess you're stateside? & have had it since the 18th? Here in the UK it only came out yesterday ( although I got my copy through the post on Thurs).

I've played it pretty much non-stop (except for work) and finished the story this afternoon. Have only got a dozen Riddler trophies and only solved a handul of the riddles. going to attempt the challenge rooms et al tomorrow. but I still doubt I'll get it platinumed any time sooon (I'd rather take my time & try myself than start relying on the net for answers* just yet - that comes later if I really struggle).

*P.S. - I wasn't insinuating you have!

I think the real challenge is the Freeflow Perfection 2.0 which is hard because you have to keep track of all the moves and there are so many of them.

I blew through the first 6 combat challenges, haven't touched the predators yet and I still need to unlock the last 6 for both predators and combat. How bad are the campaign challenges? If you've done any of them anyways, since I want to go through the regular challenges before tackling the campaign ones.. I did Freeflow Perfection 2.0 pretty easy, it just took a few tries once it was figured out.

I'm voting on a 9 only for the fact that doing it on Hard is harder than the first one i think especially fighting the armed criminals. And the riddles i haven't actually tried the traps that riddler has, but most of the trophy ones are pretty easy you just need the right equipment.

Oh and it has challenge room trophies . If you did the arkham asylum ones then you'll probably know how much those sucked. Thats my vote and im sticking to it.

you do realize that you don't have to play on hard right?

it made me really wonder, because then why do it? apart from the fun and challenge of course.. but there isn't a single "get 100%" trophy or "complete the main story on regular or hard" trophy.

wondering why.

haven't finished it, and haven't gotten plat yet. but i think it seems more likely a 5 or 6.

just gonna be time consuming to get all that riddler stuff fixed.

For Perfect Knight Day 2, not only do you need to beat NG+, but you need to do all Side Missions in NG+ again as well. Hope you guys practiced Advanced AR Training 1. I need to find a map of the Assaults, pronto.

No you dont?? It says after completing the game everything is carryied over both games so NG+ can be just a story mode run.

At the moment i havent voted but i would say its going to be atleast an 8, i have to say that as so far i have found it harder than AA and i voted 7 for that, then again i do seem to suck balls at the challenges now??

EDIT - Sorry you where right you have to do all side missions and some riddlers revenge to get 100%, looks like my plat just went out the window, this is a good game but not that good to do it all again after i do it once.

Edited by TiNnYzEuS

Some of the Predator challenges were a hill that needed climbed. The Campaign challenges.....eff that. Spent well over 4 hours on the LAST one....it is the bane of my existence. Other than that everything really was smooth sailing, happy for no "Shock & Awe" map. I stand by my original rating of 6.

To me it looks like a 9, but then I have a thumb condition that makes it tough for me to pull off certain combos that need me to press 2 face buttons [key reason why I missed out on BAA plat].

Campaign Challenges are REALLY tough. You need to develop muscle memory to ace them. I mean, 3 different challenges back to back and starting from scratch if you lose, makes things tough.

Riddler trophies are not only more in number, but tougher than before. Good luck getting them all without a guide.

However, I will not really vote till am done with NG+ and given a shot at some of the challenges.

I think the sun has now finally set on my hopes of getting a platinum on Arkham city.

On B:AA I spent a considerable amount of time on the Combat challenges & Freeflow perfection et al, to get them all ‘gold’ Some of them I just managed to limp through. I have finished mos of the AC ones at 2* now , and I have 3 * on most of the predator challenges ( they’re a bit easier I find),

However I had a quick look at the ‘campaign mode’ yesterday.

Erm,… what?

No thank you, I can’t see me completing all of those to 3* back to back in one hit. I just don’t think I have it in me.

Can I change my vote from a 7 to a 9.5?

I'm saying an 7 for the platinum difficulty. The game itself isn't very hard, even on NG+ which is supposed to be harder than hard. But some of the riddler trophies are a bit tricky and there's a lot of them, and the campaign challenges are kind of hard because of the modifiers. But mostly things are just time consuming.

Edited by ReverendSID

Just achieved platinum. :dance:.

I've voted a 6. Nothing to difficult and if you can plat Arkham Asylum, you can plat this.

I should point out though, if you find the combat in this game difficult (which fortunately i don't), you might want to bump my score up to an 8, maybe even a 9.

Amazing game by the way. :applause:

Edited by love_handles1987