XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

View Poll Results: Rate the trophy difficulty...
1 - Very Easy 3 0.52%
2 2 0.35%
3 8 1.38%
4 14 2.42%
5 61 10.55%
6 106 18.34%
7 160 27.68%
8 134 23.18%
9 51 8.82%
10 - Very Hard 39 6.75%
Voters: 578. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2011, 08:25 AM   #21
the_requiem

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

To me it looks like a 9, but then I have a thumb condition that makes it tough for me to pull off certain combos that need me to press 2 face buttons [key reason why I missed out on BAA plat].

Campaign Challenges are REALLY tough. You need to develop muscle memory to ace them. I mean, 3 different challenges back to back and starting from scratch if you lose, makes things tough.

Riddler trophies are not only more in number, but tougher than before. Good luck getting them all without a guide.

However, I will not really vote till am done with NG+ and given a shot at some of the challenges.

*** Blank friend requests will be deleted ***
the_requiem's Borderlands 2 Community Service thread [currently not available, not playing BL2 anymore]
the_requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:07 AM   #22
KingBroly

Awards Showcase Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

I'm going to stand behind my 9. While the Combat Challenges are a cakewalk, the Predator Challenges really make you wonder if they playtested them at times. They're really frustrating.
KingBroly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:23 AM   #23
PuppetJacks

Thumbs down

I think the sun has now finally set on my hopes of getting a platinum on Arkham city.
On B:AA I spent a considerable amount of time on the Combat challenges & Freeflow perfection et al, to get them all ‘gold’ Some of them I just managed to limp through. I have finished mos of the AC ones at 2* now , and I have 3 * on most of the predator challenges ( they’re a bit easier I find),
However I had a quick look at the ‘campaign mode’ yesterday.

Erm,… what?

No thank you, I can’t see me completing all of those to 3* back to back in one hit. I just don’t think I have it in me.

Can I change my vote from a 7 to a 9.5?
PuppetJacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:31 AM   #24
ReverendSID

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Gold   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

I'm saying an 7 for the platinum difficulty. The game itself isn't very hard, even on NG+ which is supposed to be harder than hard. But some of the riddler trophies are a bit tricky and there's a lot of them, and the campaign challenges are kind of hard because of the modifiers. But mostly things are just time consuming.

Blank friend requests will be ignored and deleted!

Last edited by ReverendSID; 10-25-2011 at 07:34 AM.
ReverendSID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:35 AM   #25
love_handles1987

Awards Showcase Battlefield 3 Squad Tournament Champion
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Just achieved platinum. .

I've voted a 6. Nothing to difficult and if you can plat Arkham Asylum, you can plat this.

I should point out though, if you find the combat in this game difficult (which fortunately i don't), you might want to bump my score up to an 8, maybe even a 9.

Amazing game by the way.

Hardest / Proudest Platinums:
Street Fighter IV ~ Mortal Kombat ~ FIFA 2010 World Cup ~ Rock Band 2 ~ Wipeout HD ~ Killzone 2 ~
Dead Space 2
~ Bioshock ~ Batman: Arkham City ~ Call Of Duty Classic ~ Battlefield 3 ~ The Last Of Us ~
Rayman: Legends
~ GTA V ~ Megamind...
The glorious PS4!
#4theplayers

Last edited by love_handles1987; 10-25-2011 at 03:22 PM.
love_handles1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:14 AM   #26
Sharksfan24

Awards Showcase THL Season 1 Champions - Rogue Warriors   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

After platinuming this game, I'm voting a 6.

Despite the fact that it sucks to have to finish the side missions on both playthroughs for Perfect Knight - Day 2 trophy, the side missions can be done very quickly within 1-2 days.

The Riddler collectibles in this game are more annoying than they were in Arkham Asylum because you have to put more effort into getting them and you have to collect 400 of them on a huge map.

Combat challenges are ridiculously easy and the combat system makes it possible for any average person to crack a top 100 score on the leaderboards by scoring 100,000+ points.

On the other hand, the Predator Challenges are more difficult this time around and its probably enough to make this game a 7-8 for some people. End of the Line Extreme was the toughest challenge for me but everything else, I finished with patience.

Overall, Arkham City is platinumable within 1-2 weeks. I enjoyed playing Arkham Asylum (AA) but Arkham City has surpassed AA in so many factors and deserves to be 2011 Game of the Year.
Sharksfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:56 AM   #27
nuke4U

I just got the Plat I'm gonna give it a 6. Some campaigns are a pain at the beginning but when you take it with a cool head and you don't rush it, they're pretty doable and actually I had a great time finding the right strategy. The part I died the most is at Mr.Freeze fight on NG+. The rest is pretty easy. But I platted AA too so I wasn't new to the franchise. What a great game, combat challenge way easier and forgiver than AA (you can even walk a step and half without loosing your combo). Did I say that's a great game GotY IMO. I enjoyed every minutes of gaming. I'm hoping for some campaign DLC. I'm completely hooked.
nuke4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #28
tenaco

IMo it is at least a 9 without a guide.
tenaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:38 PM   #29
spratters53

Awards Showcase The Silver Lining   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

given it a 7. it's not a hard game, fairly time consuming and requires quite a bit of thinking, but nothing in the story is hard. the challenges are quite frustrating too and require a bit of luck, but still arent all that hard. i havent played the game on NG+ yet but as all i have to do is the main story, i dont see it being very difficult, especially as you start with all gadgets.
spratters53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:08 AM   #30
ReverendSID

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Gold   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spratters53 View Post
given it a 7. it's not a hard game, fairly time consuming and requires quite a bit of thinking, but nothing in the story is hard. the challenges are quite frustrating too and require a bit of luck, but still arent all that hard. i havent played the game on NG+ yet but as all i have to do is the main story, i dont see it being very difficult, especially as you start with all gadgets.
For the platinum you have to do the main story AND side quests in NG+

Blank friend requests will be ignored and deleted!
ReverendSID is offline   Reply With Quote