Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

ShadowAFC

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png WARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/fiftyquid-albums-image-storage-picture12706-attention-sign-orig.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Batman: Arkham City. This thread has been created to discuss anything Batman related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune. Posting major spoilers without tags outside of this thread is punishable with a three day ban.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BLACK FUCKING MASK is on here.

at the very start when you contol bruce when the guard throws you out the door.

if you have the sub titles turn on look to see who is talking.

one of the names speakin says BLACK MASK.

****** i would like to note i was fucking estatic at the time as when i was being pushed out the door all i saw was blask masks name at the bottom of the screen talking and then i posted on here. i had no idea he was just standing in a corner getting the shit kicked out of himself. what a waste of such a good character.

he show up anywhere else?

im on the hunt right now for the second cobblepot area.

Edited by Manifest Density Pt. 2

I'd say the game's final boss battle with Clayface prior to the credits was a bit of a surprise, another thing that surprised me was the ability to do an alternate ending if you chose to exit Arkham City during Catwoman's 3rd story part. The fact that Hugo Strange, Ra's Al Ghul, Talia, Clayface, and Joker appeared to be dead is something I could see them fixing for the next game one way or the other. Oh, and I also couldn't help but laugh at who sang a song during the credits.:D

Edited by Tiberius

This entire game was a HOLY CRAP moment for me. I loved it though. Im going to be replaying this one alot.

i know right.

i want to keep doing the story but the free roam player in me just wants to fuck around in the city for hours and hours. sucks i have to go to work right now or id play til dinner right now.

and my question i asked yesterday also got answered while i playeed about the being able to jump and use the grapple hook mid glide. so glad they added that this year.

just started it and right from the start I was like "NO WAY!!!, Im Bruce Wayne, this is awesome." And it just gets better and better.

By the way, how long does it usually take for them to make a platium trophy guide after the game comes out???

This is a very vast and large game, so I wouldn't be surprised if making a guide takes awhile to do. And I have to agree that starting out as Bruce Wayne was interesting.

Credits were AMAZING! Whole damn game was amazing.

Did anyone else (who played on Hard mode) find that the normal combat was harder than the boss battles? I was rather let down by not getting stuck on a boss battle for hours on end. But normal combat kicked my ars before upgrades and gadgets. Anyone else?

Credits were AMAZING! Whole damn game was amazing.

Did anyone else (who played on Hard mode) find that the normal combat was harder than the boss battles? I was rather let down by not getting stuck on a boss battle for hours on end. But normal combat kicked my ars before upgrades and gadgets. Anyone else?

i havent played yet since the other night but yeah my 1 boss battle with the 1 armed clown did seem kinda easy as hell. combat seems like its more about reversals vs actually attacking the bad guys on your own to get rid of them.

Gotta say, I was kind of disappointed by the ending. First, killing off Talia ruins any possibility of Catwoman and Talia engaging in a fight to the death over Batman. Second, fighting Clayface (part 1) was a little bit too much like fighting Solomon Grundy for my liking. I still liked the fight, but I couldn't help but think that I had already done it before. The ending, though, was kind of bad. It's not something I can describe, but something about it just didn't sit well with me.

It's obvious why they killed Joker. Hamill's legacy and all that nonsense.

I think the story really underutilized Strange. I questioned the choice for him being the villain and I was right at the end. They didn't do much with him. I think of all the Villains the Penguin probably was the best, probably because it felt like he was involved the most. Two Face was short-lived. Freeze was not really an adversary, and Joker was...well, Joker. Of the 4 main villains, only Joker really felt like a threat and that was because he basically gave Batman aids.

I don't think Ra's (mispronouncing his name is a big no no) was all that great, either. I mean, if Batman is the world's greatest detective, shouldn't he have known that he was in on Strange's deal? Maybe the corrupted blood was getting to him, but it really was out of character if there wasn't an explanation for it in the written story.

It just feels like if they cut out Penguin it would've been better since they could've just made it Freeze, Two Face and Joker.