XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 12-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #1
NinjaCameraman

Default Party Pooper on Hard

I've beat the game but I saved right before going up to the guards you have to KO to get Party Pooper then put that save on a USB stick, only problem is I played through the game on Hard the first time through so 16 guys at once is a bit difficult.

Anyone got any tips? I have auto detonation for the BatGel so I can't get really creative with that without it going off instantly.

Last edited by NinjaCameraman; 12-19-2009 at 07:45 PM.
NinjaCameraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:58 PM   #2
Labartu
Super Moderator

Awards Showcase Staff - Super Moderator   Lab's ''Did Someone Say Chimichanga?'' List   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   First PS4 Game Nights   Helping Hand   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Silver   5,000 Posts   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

Sounds stupid, but that's the easiest way: Keep on dodging. What I mean is, Press only 1 or 2 times then use to dodge. Once you reached a 5Hit Combo (or 8, if you don't have the upgrade), use + for instant take downs. Rinse and repeat. Just take your time, never try to force in too many hits at once, rather dodge too many times than getting hit.

Labartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:24 AM   #3
Riff-Raff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labartu View Post
Sounds stupid, but that's the easiest way: Keep on dodging. What I mean is, Press only 1 or 2 times then use to dodge. Once you reached a 5Hit Combo (or 8, if you don't have the upgrade), use + for instant take downs. Rinse and repeat. Just take your time, never try to force in too many hits at once, rather dodge too many times than getting hit.
I did it the same way. As a starter I used the explosive gel. It stunned everyone for a short while - long enough to take out 3-4 guys with ground takedown. Everything making the fight shorter helps. On the other hand, if you do the challenges first, you won't have any problem with the party at all for sure. I did not and struggeled with this fight longer than with the boss...
Riff-Raff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #4
darr78

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I just kept double-tapping to jump over guys to get to the end of the hallway, do a few moves until they start grouping up on you again and then double-tap your way back to the other side of the hallway, do a few movies, an instant takedown if you can and before you know it, they're all dead. I also did it on hard and it can be a pain in the ass. It took me a few tries but it's doable.

D

darr78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #5
ArcyGabriel

Did it on hard aswell. Took a few tries but just kept trying. All you need for this to work is practicing ur timing and do alot of instant takedowns eventually u'll get it. Tbh. this fight is way easier than some of the combat challenges, so might as well start your practice here

ArcyGabriel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
adas_2008

Strange that you have problems but i understand that you might have. but it will be a good start before combat chalanges.
i managed to get this on first attempt.
i have all defence powerups and used detonate gel.
after that one flow combo and you shoudl get it.
hit evade hit again and use throws to get some space
adas_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #7
Harold_Cakington

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts

I found the batclaw and the batarang to be quite helpful on this bit, as I too had the proximity detonation upgrade. Might be worth a go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahuna
Frogger with an arcade stick would be too extreme for most people.
Trophy Card's Below:
Harold_Cakington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:45 AM   #8
mtek81

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts

i found out this games is pretty simple with huge mobs, just hit square 3 times to get ur knockdown, then double tap X to jump out of the crowd, then time your square. by now you should be at 5x combo, use ur triangle+circle. keep doing it... you shouldnt get hit at all..
Old 12-29-2009, 04:10 AM   #9
Riff-Raff

As soon as you have learnt to master the combat system, the party crowd won't be a match of any kind. I did one walkthrough on hard only and did the combat challenges at last. So the party guys were quite a challenge since very limited knowledge about the combat background was required to master the rest of the game.

I am sure more skilled people might have learnt the moves while playing the game but I stopped the usual hack'n'slay button-mashing-method not before the challenges forced me to.

Last edited by Riff-Raff; 12-29-2009 at 04:11 AM.
Riff-Raff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:54 AM   #10
Fractal

Send a message via MSN to Fractal

I didn't find this all that hard tbh.
Try this.

On on side of the goons, put explosive gel near them, spread it about along the first line.

Next go to the end of the room and get the remote batarang and use it to knock EVERYONE over on the other side. Now the other should run and get blown away for a bit.

Once this happens do the takedown thing, was it R2 and Triangle?

Anyway, do that to a lot of them and when they start to get back up tap R2 twice and reel 3 into you, beat on them a bit then start doing the X,X Punch routine and surely but slowly they should die.

Hope it helps if you're still suck.

Fractal is offline   Reply With Quote