How I beat Shock and Awe Extreme (maybe this will work for you if other methods fail)

spicato

So after trying to go the way of the "Shock and Awe Shit" video every few days for a couple weeks and occasionally getting frustratingly close (4th round but just couldn't beat it), I decided to focus on trying to keep my combo going on the main floor area (with variety when safely possible, of course :D).

The only other thing I tried to keep up was trying to restrict the bat claw on the gun platform for only when enemies were on or just past the wall to the gun platform; this will often instantly KO them! If they're past it or at the gun locker, I'd wait until it was 'safe' to grab them and then shoot the claw; they'll run back towards the main platform once you knock them down (bat claw would probably have the same effect but I was less lucky with my aim there so not sure). If you're safe when they turn to run back towards you you can batclaw 'em to knock them out then too.

I did try to avoid the shock baton and knife guys until the takedowns were available, but even if they broke my combo I found it wasn't a huge deal (though not ideal, of course).

I didn't have particularly high scores in the first three rounds, maybe between 5 and 8k (hard to tell because my score didn't save, see my post on the No Plat thread :facepalm:), but trying to keep to the combo I finally beat Shock and Awe (Extreme) for the first time, and with three bats to boot!

One easy quick way I added variety to combos when I was safe to ground pound was to throw a quick batarang at enemies getting up (if you have the three batarangs you can also knock down remaining enemies after you've batclawed some down and go in for some safe ground pounding) as I described in further detail here.

I also always started challenges with batclaw + jump (generally I found jumping after the batclaw was safest for me). I also like to throw the stun rod guys over the railing so that others can't pick up the rods (I'm not sure if this works but it makes me feel better lol :))

I'm not sure if there's anyone out there still looking to get this trophy, but hopefully my experience can help them if they have trouble getting 24k (edit: based on my experience this method is feasible with even ~19k; haven't tried with 15-18k personally) in the first 3 rounds (only saw technique that after I beat it) or with the Shock and Awe Shit method :)

Tips from the second time through:

After learning from this forum when the triple batarangs activate (after any three hits) batarang+batclaw (either order) became my best friend :devil: I found that combination allowed me to relax my guard over the gun platform somewhat. I also tried to deliberately aim more hits towards the edges of the stage (to knock enemies out of the ring :cool:).

Edited by spicato