'Party Pooper' On Hard

Iceyice

Man, it was tough. I had all but given up, & was just going to try it on easy in a 2nd playthrough.

Here's what happened.

For the first 4 guys outside, i would put explosive gel by them, detonate, then put them down.

After many failures vs. the 20 or so in that next hallway, i felt that i can't do it on hard. I decide to try again, only i did combos on the first 4, depleting 1/3 of my health. Just before i entered the next door, i say to myself, 'go ahead, you know you won't survive.' Well, guess what? I somehow got the counter button right, & was just flowing like a beast. I look around, only 2 or 3 left! I finished them, & bling!! Yes! I nailed this on hard!

I post this, because there are at least 3 chances to get the 'mano a mano' trophy on hard. I've failed every time, though i'm at a part where i could still get lucky. We'll see.

Man, it was tough. I had all but given up, & was just going to try it on easy in a 2nd playthrough.

Here's what happened.

For the first 4 guys outside, i would put explosive gel by them, detonate, then put them down.

After many failures vs. the 20 or so in that next hallway, i felt that i can't do it on hard. I decide to try again, only i did combos on the first 4, depleting 1/3 of my health. Just before i entered the next door, i say to myself, 'go ahead, you know you won't survive.' Well, guess what? I somehow got the counter button right, & was just flowing like a beast. I look around, only 2 or 3 left! I finished them, & bling!! Yes! I nailed this on hard!

I post this, because there are at least 3 chances to get the 'mano a mano' trophy on hard. I've failed every time, though i'm at a part where i could still get lucky. We'll see.

I did not have too many troubles as you can just jump over them and hit them, and just repeat the process. However, I would have suggested Easy or Normal mode since you can see the counter icons.

Have you tried the challenges yet? The Predator challenges are really easy, as are the combat challenges for the exception of Shock And Awe Extreme. Overall I personally did not find the game challenging as I already finished this game 100% twice on the Xbox and a third time on the PS3 in a matter of 3 days. If I was you, utilize the Ground Takedowns in the Combat challenges as they offer you tons of points. Note to use the Ultra BatClaw to pull the last 3 thugs to the Ground and Ground Takedown them for easy points including a Gadget Variation bonus. :)

I did not have too many troubles as you can just jump over them and hit them, and just repeat the process. However, I would have suggested Easy or Normal mode since you can see the counter icons.

Have you tried the challenges yet? The Predator challenges are really easy, as are the combat challenges for the exception of Shock And Awe Extreme. Overall I personally did not find the game challenging as I already finished this game 100% twice on the Xbox and a third time on the PS3 in a matter of 3 days. If I was you, utilize the Ground Takedowns in the Combat challenges as they offer you tons of points. Note to use the Ultra BatClaw to pull the last 3 thugs to the Ground and Ground Takedown them for easy points including a Gadget Variation bonus. :)

I have done about 2 of each challenge.

I never really play fighting games, that's what i consider this! Maybe that's why i have struggled throughout. I'll take your advice on the later challenges, for sure. I still get defiant with the counter button. I need to trust it more as i take too much damage trying to do stuns!

I have done about 2 of each challenge.

I never really play fighting games, that's what i consider this! Maybe that's why i have struggled throughout. I'll take your advice on the later challenges, for sure. I still get defiant with the counter button. I need to trust it more as i take too much damage trying to do stuns!

It is all good homie. You will get better as you practice, like any other game. Be sure to utilize the Ultra BatClaw for the combat challenges to get some easy points. Mano-a-Mano is easier than you think, you can actually just wait for one of the Titans to run into another to stun it, then follow up by attacking them directly. Although, I would do it on Easy as you take a lot of damage on Hard if you get hit, but it is still possible.

Good luck :)

• 2 weeks later...

I got this on hard.

I remember my friend telling me to give up and just proceed on with the game.

And I kept getting closer and closer, have 6 guys left, have 3 guys left, etc.

After like the 4th try I got it, I just got into the zone.

My friend was just like OMG that looked so bad ass, batman rules, lol

What about me?> lol

• 3 weeks later...
I got this on hard.

I remember my friend telling me to give up and just proceed on with the game.

And I kept getting closer and closer, have 6 guys left, have 3 guys left, etc.

After like the 4th try I got it, I just got into the zone.

My friend was just like OMG that looked so bad ass, batman rules, lol

What about me?> lol

It was harder on Hard because you did not have the icons to tell you when to block. Though once you have played Hard enough, you can tell when to block, or at least I did. Whenever one of the thugs ran up to you, I just hit the block button. The same thing applies to Arkham City where more than one can hit you!

I feel you buddy, I felt similar frustration to when I play (fail at) fighting games before I got the hang of the rhythm (who am I kidding, some parts are still frustrating lol :devil:). By the time I got to this part on Hard though I'd already played through (though didn't necessarily beat) all the challenges on normal (btw, does the difficulty level affect the challenges?), so it didn't feel as hard as when I played it for the first time on Normal. I had no idea the four guys outside counted towards the trophy though.

For anyone else still having trouble, maybe this tip will help:

For the hall area, I always start the same way, by planting three explosives at the beginning, middle, and end of the guys down the center of the hall, like buttons on a snowman. Since they won't attack until you strike :D When you explode them, it gives you at least two or three easy ground pounds before they start coming at you (I find I can sometimes squeeze in a third or fourth if I do the first two or three on one side, then jump across to the other after they start coming at me).

If you have trouble timing the counters, just mash triangle when you see the attack animation/voice over. That's what I did when it got too crowded to tell until it was safer to jump to a clearer area :D

Edited to add that "one weird trick" that helped me get the hang of the the fighting rhythm was sitting extra close to my TV for some reason :p

Edited by spicato