NICE TIP for SHOCK AND AWE (EXTREME) !

dante341

hey guys

i figured out a nice way to finish this hard challenge , try to get 24000 points or more in the first 3 rounds and when the fourth round starts , run quickly and climb the next stage (since the challenge has 2 connected stages) and equip the explosive gel and put it as quick as possible in the middle of the place where enemies climb and you will get rid of 6 guys when the explosion happens (thats how i finished the challenge) , good luck to you all .....:)

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/da/n/dante341/card.png

Edited by dante341

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My tip would be to use the triangle circle takedown whenever possible on the last round. Batarangs are great for diarming those damn taser carying guys. There are so many guys in this round don't worry about ground pound or bat claw, you will almost always get hit when you try either. Keep the combo up, keep your reflexes sharp and keep on going with the triangle+circle takedown whenever you have it. Try to get rid of the knife guys first.

BrandonHolmes , i know it is difficult to get 24000 in the first 3 rounds but u have to do that because once u use the explosive gel u will lose some enemies which means less points but the important thing is that u will finish the challenge :)

morph4290 , as i said above u will get less points :)

Spadix , thanx for the tip , i read it before and i tried to do it but i didnt work because it is difficult to takedown the knife guys and the electric rod guys when they are not near you and you are surrounded by too many guys at the same time !!!! :o

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/da/n/dante341/card.png

Edited by dante341

• 1 year later...

This straegy was huge for me I have to say. managed to get 31,000 in the first three rounds so needed an effective strategy to wittle down teh nubers in the last round. immensly effective. Thanks!

Finally that all elusive platinum.

Serously I tried for days before this method and I finally nabbed it. So happy I might even go and tell the Neighbours. And I don't even know them!

• 3 weeks later...
THIS TIP IS GOLDEN! Several times I had run out time with 30,000+ pts. Using your tip I beat the last guy as the screen started to fade. Thank you dante341! :dance:

I had my challenge done the same way , I already thought I sucked it out again , but in those short moments I made a miracle and beat the challenge which in the end brought me like 3 trophies at once lol , and platinum of course ...

• 1 month later...

that's a nice tip, would be useful yesterday XD, but anyway, i went for triangle and circle takedowns whenever posible, against anyone, truth, with priority to electric and knife henchman, but if none was near, i atacked another, that's how i did. i know this is a bit vague, but i realized i wasted too much time trying to get to the electric and knife dudes, and by trying to do diferent combos, so don't bother, just go for punches, and counters, stunts and dodges whenever needby. by far, the most dificult challenge.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have played some hard games in my life, so I don't say this lightly. However, I absolutely loathe this level and furthermore, I hate time limits to begin with, with a few exceptions.

Personally, I think this level is total bull with the instant death. Add in the guns, knives, stupid shock batons, and the time limit, then the game stops being fun. It should have been more like the campaign where at least you got to move to a new platform. Sure, they could make the pattern to move harder for this, but it stops being a challenge when it becomes frustrating compared to the rest of the challenges.

Perfect runs, and perfect combo runs are easier than this. They might as well have added a titan for an extra "up yours"...

...with that said, I finished this one and I am glad to never have to do it ever again!

• 3 weeks later...

This worked out great! I myself can recommend this video for stacking up points during round 1-3 and mopping up in round 4:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyAj2VaYKIs]Batman: Arkham Asylum - Shock and Awe(Extreme) challenge Perfect Play Movie - YouTube[/ame]

It does take some practice to get the whole feeling when to do what, as you can't always use the Batclaw safely, but you'll get the hang of it soon enough. By the way, using the explosive gel technique combined with the general technique from this video still netted me around 10.000 points in round 4, so I would say, if you manage 20.000 points in round 1-3, just try. It's important to see wether you can manage to finish on time and if not, consider it more practice.

Edited by Baron Bonk
one minor spelling error

I haven't unlocked this level yet, but on sewer bat extreme I got 22k on round 1 & 2 for a total of 44k. So I would think 24k by round 4 should be easy.

So is shock & awe extreme far more harder than the other combat challenges? Ive completed all of the other combat challenges on my first or second try.

I would like to make this my 1st plat. I just got into video games and got hooked when the 1st trophy popped.

Yes, Shock & Awe Extreme is hard. Though it's not because of the needed points, but because of the small time frame during round 4. If you're skilled enough in the combat system. You'll fly through this.

I just finished shock and awe extreme and have now completed all 8 of the combat challenges. You weren't kidding. It wasnt hard because of points but time. I had over 30k before even starting round 4.

All of the other challenges took no more than two tries, but I spent about 10-15 minutes on this one. And when I was completing round 4 the time hit 0 as I was ground pounding the last guy. Talk about close.

I finished the game tonight and just need to collect some riddler trophies and do two final predator challenges once they pop and I'll have my first platinum!

I can't wait to start batman arkham city. I bet the combat challenges on that one will be insane.

I finished the game tonight and just need to collect some riddler trophies and do two final predator challenges once they pop and I'll have my first platinum!

I can't wait to start batman arkham city. I bet the combat challenges on that one will be insane.

Congrats! :applause: The combat challenges are actually easier in AC. It's those pesky predator challenges that they've ramped up the difficulty in.

I just finished shock and awe extreme and have now completed all 8 of the combat challenges. You weren't kidding. It wasnt hard because of points but time. I had over 30k before even starting round 4.

All of the other challenges took no more than two tries, but I spent about 10-15 minutes on this one. And when I was completing round 4 the time hit 0 as I was ground pounding the last guy. Talk about close.

:applause: That's insane :eek: One or two tries per challenge and only 10-15 minutes with Shock & Awe... you must have mastered the combat system during you playthrough :p

:applause: That's insane :eek: One or two tries per challenge and only 10-15 minutes with Shock & Awe... you must have mastered the combat system during you playthrough :p

I did my play through on hard and learn real quick to evade. Then I realized that if I used the batarang during combos that it was much easier. If I kept punching, evading and bataranging then I was able to do several ground pounds in a row towards the end. This gave me a ton of points and it seems to be a lot quicker to take a guy out than the combo takedown. Of course I used the combo take down on the knife guys as soon as I could. I got caught a couple of times on the timer in rounds 3&4. But it was fun, I liked the combat challenges.