XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

View Poll Results: Rate the trophy difficulty.
1 - Very Easy 18 1.09%
2 7 0.42%
3 30 1.82%
4 63 3.82%
5 171 10.38%
6 245 14.87%
7 444 26.94%
8 368 22.33%
9 166 10.07%
10 - Very Hard 136 8.25%
Voters: 1648. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #11
Guttsu-87

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

arjonoypi,
You can complete the game on Hard, and the Normal and Easy completion trophies will stack. Plus you can free roam the island after you beat the game to pick up any collectibles you may have missed. So if you want to get all the story mode trophies out of the way in one playthrough, you can.

I give the game an 8 for platinum difficulty. The challenge rooms are definately the toughest part of completion. I need still 3 of the extreme predator maps gold starred, along with the Perfect combo trophy, and then I'm done. Good luck to all on Shock and Awe and Rumble in the Jungle extremes.

Last edited by Guttsu-87; 08-27-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: misspellings
Guttsu-87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #12
sdreaper

Awards Showcase Helping Hand   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogmagog View Post
The riddler trophies are easy once you get the maps. I collected all of them without an online guide with little to no difficulty. Once a detailed guide is uploaded with all the locations, it will be even easier. You could say it's time consuming (even though it isn't really), but that's not the same as difficulty.

I have spent more time trying to get three stars on the last two combat challenge rooms than I spent collecting all the riddler clues, and I still haven't gotten a 3 star rating on either level. Are you honestly saying that you've gold starred all the challenge rooms?

I don't get how anyone could claim that these are "fairly easy," let alone easier than the Riddler trophies. For one, you have to have already collected a lot of the better hidden Riddler trophies to even unlock the harder challenge rooms!
That must be the achille's heal then, I haven't played the last 2 challenge rooms yet. Your words are making me uncertain as to my abilities to beat them too. =P

Based on that I would rate the game somewhere around an 8-9 for total, 5-7 for just the campaign, assuming it is played on Hard. But we shall see, I am close to plat.

My Platinums
sdreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #13
PerfectMurder

Challenge rooms and hard mode will keep you busy for a while. Some trophies are based on skill and not the amount of time you put in.
PerfectMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:22 AM   #14
mycuccismells

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

Alright guys thats enough of the flaming. As has been said by many people you should not vote unless you have the platinum or are close to platinum. As olsen says in the first post, many people thought Mirrors Edge would be easy by playing through the campaign. However many many people have trouble with the speed runs and time trials. If you dont put proper time into a game you can undervalue the game, because most games have a few trophies that are much harder than the rest.

Whether it is beating Bioshock on Survivor with no vita chambers, Mirrors Edge CH 2 Speedrun, Wipeout Beat Zico, etc; you should at least try to get every trophy before you vote.

However, that does not give you guys a reason to flame and throw around insults. I have deleted a few of the more offensive posts and will be talking with the mods about whether further action needs to take place. Any flaming after this post will lead to an automatic infraction

Trophy Card and Trophy Case in spoiler tag
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
mycuccismells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #15
spham23

Well everything was about a 5 before I got to these Extreme Free Flow Challenges. The campaign on Hard wasn't too bad. The boss battles were the only parts that annoyed me and the riddles are easy once you get the maps.

I got every trophy except for the Free Flow Gold and the 100% of course. So that bumps it up to about an 8 for me because of some of the combat challenges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjonoypi View Post
what is the best route for trying to get the plat in this game? Should I do normal first to get all misc achievements and go to hard and after beating hard go for the perfect knight trophy (100% riddles and challenges) or play on hard straight? And can you have multiple saves?
I would recommend playing Hard first so you don't have to play the campaign twice. Every trophy can be obtained except the Challenge ones of course in one play-through if you play on Hard.

Last edited by spham23; 08-28-2009 at 11:14 AM.
spham23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #16
BobbyLight

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Howdy Spham... from RGM to PS3T...

Why did my post get deleted? I said nothing bad.... and I had a valid question.

Is there a way to track a game to see who got platinum first or to see how many people have a certain trophy? Just curious.

Thanks to Figma for the sig

Trophy Profiles: PSN Profiles | PSN Trophy Leaders
Social: Last.fm | Soundcloud | 8Tracks | Twitter
BobbyLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #17
gingergum

Yeah. Something's amiss. This thread could really be more helpful if people cease from giving ratings if they don't have have the actual trophy yet. The title "PLATINUM Difficulty Rating" is clearly self-explanatory.

Last edited by gingergum; 08-28-2009 at 03:52 PM.
gingergum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:50 AM   #18
Steve_LWL

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I have not voted... and probably never will...

This game is not too difficult at all on story mode. You may have restart boss battles a couple times but nothing to hard.

The challenge rooms on the other hand are very hard... This game is an 8 or 9 easily because of that aspect of the game. Too bad because it would have been nice to get platinum on this game.

Don't get me wrong though... This game is amazing!!! One of the best games of the year.

*** I don't accept blank friend requests... Sorry ***
Steve_LWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:20 AM   #19
olsen77

Awards Showcase Tuff's Muff Licker List   Olsen's Bullet Hell   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Almost Golden   15,000 Posts   Guide Supplement Bronze   Platinum Road Map Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)

There were quite a few posts here that I deleted last night. I may have deleted too many, but I wiped out anything that was even borderline off topic. If your post was deleted, that is why. If you have a problem with that, you can talk to me. Don't blame any of the mods, because I did it.

olsen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:59 AM   #20
ennzo

gave it a 10.. getting 3 medals in the last two challenge maps [brawling] is insane.. if you look at the leader boards only 50-60 people [on PS3 in the world] that can do it, and ive heard the game nearly sold 800k copys [PS3].. its less then 1% of people can do it.. which is a horride.. i honestly think a patch should be put out, im all in favor for having leader boards and seeig some of the exceptional players out there.. but you shouldnt have to play the game to perfection to get the platy
ennzo is offline   Reply With Quote