Is It Really Worth The Platinum?

JLSHARP92

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i plat'ed it twice because it really is that that awesome good! :)

/bragging

I finished all Combat Challanges in 2hrs for my 2nd Plat.

/bragging end

But yes, the first time it took obviously longer, because i had to get used to the fighting system.

It really is all about timing.

Just forget button mashing like in God of War or Dante or whatever.

Timing is everything and dodging is you'r best friend! (:ls: +double tap :cross:)

It's just, when I eventually finish one of the challenges, the challenge after that seems even more impossible :(

Change your methods up then when it comes to combo attacks. Find whatever suits you best for each round, but always try to get a good combo with at least 8 different moves obviously. If not you can always get away with it as long as you have a high combo.

With the Rumble in the Jungle glitch you really just have 3 extreme combat challenges to worry about. Also Shock and Awe extreme's high score to beat is only 30,000 which I find very generous.

Get into the mindset of knowing you will beat it. If worse comes to worst just take a break for a day and try and try again the next time.

Good luck.

The only thing I'd like to add (since most has been said already) is that I'd suggest for you to watch one or two youtube videos of people getting very high scores in the combat challenges.

I rember that back then when I had troubles with the combat challenges I watched some of those and actually only then really comprehended how far this freelow combo system of this game actually can go. Of course I couldn't be as good as those guys in the video but really to me it was a real eye opener seeing what can be done and actually not be that difficult (in terms of controls, shock and awe extreme will still be a challenge) at all. Perhaps that might help out on the inspirational department.

And as far as stealth challenges are concerned, also just watch youtube videos for the same reasons as listed above.^^

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get used to the combat system? I am stuck on the final boss fight on Hard and I can't get through the combat challenges.

The easiest way to beat the final boss, is by using the grapple cable and pulling the henchmen into the electric fences. Jump over to the other side and repeat until you can grapple Joker.

Answering my own question here... I finally completed all of the combat challenges :dance: The only things I can say are (for those who are struggling) is just don't give up, try and get a rhythm going and try to build up your xp meter as much as you can and you will eventually get there. I completed the shock and awe (extreme) on my first try due to the techniques, patience and rhythm I gained. Also, the freeflow challenges really aren't as hard as they seem. Just check the trophy guide and follow the youtube videos :)

Well, i plat'ed it twice because it really is that that awesome good! :)

/bragging

I finished all Combat Challanges in 2hrs for my 2nd Plat.

/bragging end

But yes, the first time it took obviously longer, because i had to get used to the fighting system.

It really is all about timing.

Just forget button mashing like in God of War or Dante or whatever.

Timing is everything and dodging is you'r best friend! (:ls: +double tap :cross:)

It was a huge weight off my shoulders to get the (P) in this game. I'll admit I've been eyeballing the idea of importing the JP version to stack this game because I know I can do those challenges again and again now. :)

It was a huge weight off my shoulders to get the (P) in this game. I'll admit I've been eyeballing the idea of importing the JP version to stack this game because I know I can do those challenges again and again now. :)

Beside that, like Demons Souls, its a great game to play and makes even more fun the 2nd time you plat it. :)

I just wish Re5 would stack lol. ;)

I'd say it's worth it, I'm almost done, just need Rumble in the Jungle (both) and Shock and Awe (regular), it feels really good to just get in that moment where you get a huge multiplier and your score just starts leaping. The way it actually generally works for me is I get my ass kicked then one time I get really lucky and get like 5k over the score.:p Just keep practicing, a few tips I can give is don't really bother for variety unless the stage has very few enemies, try to get a big combo and here's the big thing that helped me A LOT, use your :circle: + :triangle: combo very often, like whenever you get it, immediately use it, also I suggest directing it at shock, knife, throwing, or gun guys for an easy takeout.

Beside that, like Demons Souls, its a great game to play and makes even more fun the 2nd time you plat it. :)

I just wish Re5 would stack lol. ;)

Oh yes, DS just keeps getting more fun the more you play it. As I thought about this game a lot since the first plat. I would say my only barrier to buying the JP version at the moment is the new backlog of games I currently have.

Oh yes, DS just keeps getting more fun the more you play it. As I thought about this game a lot since the first plat. I would say my only barrier to buying the JP version at the moment is the new backlog of games I currently have.

Haha..

Well, for me its that, and the Language.

Requires a bit more knowledge then BAA i think. :D

And im still waiting for my US Version, delivery is a bit slow for me atm.

Finally got the (P) for this :thumbsup:

Cool, gratz! :applause:

I'd say it's worth it, I jut finished Rumble in the Jungle Extreme as my last combat challenge. I only had 4.5k in round 2 and only 5.5k in round 3, I was only at 33k going into round 4, I was about to restart it because I had no chance, but in the 4th round, I got super lucky, I got a x10 multiplier jumped on the titan, jumped off him and onto the other, and then again and got like a x30 multiplier, I got 18k in the final round and just got barely over that 50k, glad I'm done with them, it felt really satisfying.:dance:

I don't know what is the hype about it.

One of my easier platinums.

I guess it depends on how much trouble you have grasping the combat, once you get it, the game is easy. Some people find the combat difficult to grasp or aren't good at these types of games. I found the challenge rooms really hard at first because I just button mashed my way through hard difficulty and that simply wouldn't work on challenge rooms so I had to get the combat down from scratch, they became easier once I got the flow of the combat.

You don't necessarily have to string together 8 moves to get a high enough score. As long as you mix in 4-5 and then finish off multiple guys with takedowns for multipliers, you can rack up a high score quickly, as well as take out dangerous guys sooner.

Once I started mixing in more batarangs ofr knockdowns and then using takedowns I was able to finish the last two challenges I needed.

I guess it depends on how much trouble you have grasping the combat, once you get it, the game is easy. Some people find the combat difficult to grasp or aren't good at these types of games. I found the challenge rooms really hard at first because I just button mashed my way through hard difficulty and that simply wouldn't work on challenge rooms so I had to get the combat down from scratch, they became easier once I got the flow of the combat.

Oh I see, I was always tweaking my combos in story mode so getting the all moves combo wasn't anything new to me.