11× multiplier

squodge

Do you need a 'normal' band for this (i.e. 1 mic, 1 bass, 1 guitar, 1 drums)? Or can you get it with 4 mics? I've never seen the mic get 'band moments', and also the maximum band moment multiplier is 3×, which suggests that you need a normal band. Any ideas?

You can get it with 4 mics. That's how I did it. The song I used was an import from a previous GH game, "No Sleep Till Brooklyn".

You can get it with 4 mics. That's how I did it. The song I used was an import from a previous GH game, "No Sleep Till Brooklyn".

Excellent, thanks for the reply and the good news!! :)

I'll do that since I have 4 mics (as well as 4 controllers). "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" sounds familiar... it's probably in my game too, as I've imported songs from GHWT, GH5, GH Greatest Hits. Shame I can't import the Metallica songs grrrr.

• 2 weeks later...
Really? were you using 2 mics too? I've tried this with me as bass + the fan at the mic, scored 4x + 4x from star power + 5x from band moment + both on star power (13x total) and nothing popped out :(

No We just used the 2 guitars each it took awhile to get it down but we got it. You need four instruments if I remember correctly in order for it to register as 11x multiplyer. I am not 100% sure if you need 4 instruments or not since i havent played this game for awhile but if i remember correctly the 4x multiplyer for each instrument doesnt stack up so it simply gives you a 4x for everyone and then star power bumps you up to 8x and finally the band moment pushes you up to 11x or 12x.

Really? were you using 2 mics too? I've tried this with me as bass + the fan at the mic, scored 4x + 4x from star power + 5x from band moment + both on star power (13x total) and nothing popped out :(

This is how the band multipliers work:

If you get a band moment (which of course requires at least two people), you get +1 for two players, +2 for three players, and +3 for four player.

The general band multiplier you get is the lowest mutliplier that any band member has at the moment. So if everyone is on 4× multiplier, the band multiplier is 4×. If three players are on 4× but one player is on 1×, then the band multiplier is 1×.

Then of course there's the star power. This doubles the individual's multiplier. So if all players are on 4×, then they will all have 8× multipliers - so that's the band's 8× multiplier.

Add the 3× multiplier from the band moment to the 8× band multiplier when all of you have activated star power, and you have your 11× multiplier. It's important to remember that the band multiplier is the lowest of the individual's multiplier - that's why all of you need star power to get an 8× multiplier.