"A New Challenge Awaits" Question

MrSelfDestruct79

This may have already been answered, but I couldn't find it doing a quick search. I need about 3-4 of these challenges left to get this trophy. I really don't think I can get any more without using some of the cheats. I know if you enable cheats it says that trophies will be disabled. But how does that work when going for a Platinum or Diamond rank on challenges using a cheat? Do any challenges you complete while cheats enable get nullified? Or will it still allow me to get the trophy while earning a Platinum or Diamond rank?

The game clearly states that using cheats will disable trophies, so just don't use them. To be honest, the trophies in this game aren't difficult in terms of skill. The 'difficult' trophies are to do with the crap server, so good luck getting online trophies!

Well, thanks for the reply, but this didn't really address my question. I can clearly read and comprehend what it says about cheats disabling trophies. I wanted to know what happens to the Platinum or Diamond stars earned while cheats are enabled.

And you're right, the trophies are pretty easy.. I can finish each song on expert with a very high percentage notes hit with guitar/bass and got almost all the trophies in the game. Unfortunately, I don't sing, nor play drums...so since I do neither and you can't earn enough Platinum or Diamond stars with just guitar/bass, some of the challenges are bit difficult. Well, it is for me..

Well, thanks for the reply, but this didn't really address my question. I can clearly read and comprehend what it says about cheats disabling trophies. I wanted to know what happens to the Platinum or Diamond stars earned while cheats are enabled.

And you're right, the trophies are pretty easy.. I can finish each song on expert with a very high percentage notes hit with guitar/bass and got almost all the trophies in the game. Unfortunately, I don't sing, nor play drums...so since I do neither and you can't earn enough Platinum or Diamond stars with just guitar/bass, some of the challenges are bit difficult. Well, it is for me..

Out of curiosity, you say you "don't" sing or play drums... does that means you own a mic/drum, but you just don't like to use them? If you don't own a mic, you can get a secondhand Logitech USB mic for very cheap - should do the trick. And you can then use the mic for other GH/BH/RB games, as well as SingStar/Karaoke Revolution.

I've not used cheats at all for fear that it'll somehow mean that it'll stop me getting the trophy. I'd rather not risk it. If you forfeit the chance to get the trophy because of cheats, I'll be glad I didn't do it.

Out of curiosity, you say you "don't" sing or play drums... does that means you own a mic/drum, but you just don't like to use them? If you don't own a mic, you can get a secondhand Logitech USB mic for very cheap - should do the trick. And you can then use the mic for other GH/BH/RB games, as well as SingStar/Karaoke Revolution.

I've not used cheats at all for fear that it'll somehow mean that it'll stop me getting the trophy. I'd rather not risk it. If you forfeit the chance to get the trophy because of cheats, I'll be glad I didn't do it.

I meant it in the sense that I own the equipment, but I suck at it. However, I was able to pull it off and get the platinum in the game. The singing wasn't that bad as I was able to do a few challenges, but I did struggle a bit in some of the drum challenges.

I meant it in the sense that I own the equipment, but I suck at it. However, I was able to pull it off and get the platinum in the game. The singing wasn't that bad as I was able to do a few challenges, but I did struggle a bit in some of the drum challenges.

Good stuff, well done :)

The singing in these games (GH/RB) is very easy compared to SingStar, even if you're practically tone deaf. I did find many of the vocal challenges hard though, as I didn't know the songs at all (I've not heard of some like Taylor Swift - looked her up, apparently a country singer). It would've been nice if the game had some heavier songs (metal and hard rock), as I found singing pop songs very tedious.

The drum challenges pissed me off after a while, mainly because a lot of them are just "get 400 streak". I'm pretty good on the drums, but it's so hard to get a streak because of nerves (I guess that's part of the "difficulty").

I have just 2 more challenges to get at least 2 stars in before my trophy pops. :D

Good stuff, well done :)

The singing in these games (GH/RB) is very easy compared to SingStar, even if you're practically tone deaf. I did find many of the vocal challenges hard though, as I didn't know the songs at all (I've not heard of some like Taylor Swift - looked her up, apparently a country singer). It would've been nice if the game had some heavier songs (metal and hard rock), as I found singing pop songs very tedious.

The drum challenges pissed me off after a while, mainly because a lot of them are just "get 400 streak". I'm pretty good on the drums, but it's so hard to get a streak because of nerves (I guess that's part of the "difficulty").

I have just 2 more challenges to get at least 2 stars in before my trophy pops. :D

I have the same problem with nerves. There was one challenge. I think it was on the Black Cat song. Get like a 400 note streak on bass. I can't count how many times I'd get to note 380 something and then miss something stupid because of nerves. I had the same issue on Rock Band 2, on getting 100% of notes on guitar on expert. I'd always get to the last few seconds, then my nerves would kick in, and then miss some stupid note.

I have the same problem with nerves. There was one challenge. I think it was on the Black Cat song. Get like a 400 note streak on bass. I can't count how many times I'd get to note 380 something and then miss something stupid because of nerves. I had the same issue on Rock Band 2, on getting 100% of notes on guitar on expert. I'd always get to the last few seconds, then my nerves would kick in, and then miss some stupid note.

I remember trying for 100% expert guitar on RB2... I played "I Think I'm Paranoid" (imported it from RB1). The first time I tried, I screwed up towards the end. The funny thing is, after I did beat it (3rd attempt), it was so easy to get 100% after that, even on harder songs! It's almost like, knowing we have to get 100% makes us perform even worse lol.

• 1 month later...

With this particular trophy, I know you have to "complete 50 career challenges at Platinum or Diamond", but how do they count it.

Does clearing the Diamond Challenge credit as 2? since you also cleared Platinum Challenge in the process.

With this particular trophy, I know you have to "complete 50 career challenges at Platinum or Diamond", but how do they count it.

Does clearing the Diamond Challenge credit as 2? since you also cleared Platinum Challenge in the process.

To the best of my knowlege no, the qualifer is Platinum OR Diamond which verifies how the trophies responds when you get the requirements for achieving the trophy. Like if a trophy said "beat the game on medium or hard" the trophy would respond with the "or" modifier. Hope this helps. :D

To the best of my knowlege no, the qualifer is Platinum OR Diamond which verifies how the trophies responds when you get the requirements for achieving the trophy. Like if a trophy said "beat the game on medium or hard" the trophy would respond with the "or" modifier. Hope this helps. :D

Hmm, kinda eliminates the incentive of working for a Diamond, other than the extra star.

Thanks for the info.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...