XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
MrSelfDestruct79
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 170
Default "A New Challenge Awaits" Question

This may have already been answered, but I couldn't find it doing a quick search. I need about 3-4 of these challenges left to get this trophy. I really don't think I can get any more without using some of the cheats. I know if you enable cheats it says that trophies will be disabled. But how does that work when going for a Platinum or Diamond rank on challenges using a cheat? Do any challenges you complete while cheats enable get nullified? Or will it still allow me to get the trophy while earning a Platinum or Diamond rank?
__________________
MrSelfDestruct79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
Ignacio
 
Ignacio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 367
Default

I hope it doesnt disable trophis as im using them :S
__________________

Platinums

Ignacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:42 AM   #3
squodge
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,239

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Default

The game clearly states that using cheats will disable trophies, so just don't use them. To be honest, the trophies in this game aren't difficult in terms of skill. The 'difficult' trophies are to do with the crap server, so good luck getting online trophies!
__________________
Platinums: Call of Duty Classic | Call of Duty: World at War | Call of Duty: Black Ops | Dead Space | Guitar Hero 5 | Karaoke Revolution | Modern Warfare 2 | Quantum of Solace | Resident Evil 5 | Rock Band 2 | Tekken 6 | Tekken Tag Tournament HD | Tom Clancy's HAWX

squodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:04 AM   #4
MrSelfDestruct79
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squodge View Post
The game clearly states that using cheats will disable trophies, so just don't use them. To be honest, the trophies in this game aren't difficult in terms of skill. The 'difficult' trophies are to do with the crap server, so good luck getting online trophies!
Well, thanks for the reply, but this didn't really address my question. I can clearly read and comprehend what it says about cheats disabling trophies. I wanted to know what happens to the Platinum or Diamond stars earned while cheats are enabled.

And you're right, the trophies are pretty easy.. I can finish each song on expert with a very high percentage notes hit with guitar/bass and got almost all the trophies in the game. Unfortunately, I don't sing, nor play drums...so since I do neither and you can't earn enough Platinum or Diamond stars with just guitar/bass, some of the challenges are bit difficult. Well, it is for me..
__________________
MrSelfDestruct79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:38 PM   #5
Ignacio
 
Ignacio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 367
Default

I hope I can still get my plat :s
__________________

Platinums

Ignacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #6
magmar126
 
magmar126's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 1,077

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Member of the Month Winner   Platinum Submission   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Default

You can do those vocal/drum challenges online.
If you have a boostpartner that can sing or drum they can get the Platinum/Diamond medal and it counts for you too
__________________

magmar126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
squodge
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,239

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSelfDestruct79 View Post
Well, thanks for the reply, but this didn't really address my question. I can clearly read and comprehend what it says about cheats disabling trophies. I wanted to know what happens to the Platinum or Diamond stars earned while cheats are enabled.

And you're right, the trophies are pretty easy.. I can finish each song on expert with a very high percentage notes hit with guitar/bass and got almost all the trophies in the game. Unfortunately, I don't sing, nor play drums...so since I do neither and you can't earn enough Platinum or Diamond stars with just guitar/bass, some of the challenges are bit difficult. Well, it is for me..
Out of curiosity, you say you "don't" sing or play drums... does that means you own a mic/drum, but you just don't like to use them? If you don't own a mic, you can get a secondhand Logitech USB mic for very cheap - should do the trick. And you can then use the mic for other GH/BH/RB games, as well as SingStar/Karaoke Revolution.

I've not used cheats at all for fear that it'll somehow mean that it'll stop me getting the trophy. I'd rather not risk it. If you forfeit the chance to get the trophy because of cheats, I'll be glad I didn't do it.
__________________
Platinums: Call of Duty Classic | Call of Duty: World at War | Call of Duty: Black Ops | Dead Space | Guitar Hero 5 | Karaoke Revolution | Modern Warfare 2 | Quantum of Solace | Resident Evil 5 | Rock Band 2 | Tekken 6 | Tekken Tag Tournament HD | Tom Clancy's HAWX

squodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #8
MrSelfDestruct79
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squodge View Post
Out of curiosity, you say you "don't" sing or play drums... does that means you own a mic/drum, but you just don't like to use them? If you don't own a mic, you can get a secondhand Logitech USB mic for very cheap - should do the trick. And you can then use the mic for other GH/BH/RB games, as well as SingStar/Karaoke Revolution.

I've not used cheats at all for fear that it'll somehow mean that it'll stop me getting the trophy. I'd rather not risk it. If you forfeit the chance to get the trophy because of cheats, I'll be glad I didn't do it.
I meant it in the sense that I own the equipment, but I suck at it. However, I was able to pull it off and get the platinum in the game. The singing wasn't that bad as I was able to do a few challenges, but I did struggle a bit in some of the drum challenges.
__________________
MrSelfDestruct79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:53 PM   #9
squodge
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,239

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSelfDestruct79 View Post
I meant it in the sense that I own the equipment, but I suck at it. However, I was able to pull it off and get the platinum in the game. The singing wasn't that bad as I was able to do a few challenges, but I did struggle a bit in some of the drum challenges.
Good stuff, well done

The singing in these games (GH/RB) is very easy compared to SingStar, even if you're practically tone deaf. I did find many of the vocal challenges hard though, as I didn't know the songs at all (I've not heard of some like Taylor Swift - looked her up, apparently a country singer). It would've been nice if the game had some heavier songs (metal and hard rock), as I found singing pop songs very tedious.

The drum challenges pissed me off after a while, mainly because a lot of them are just "get 400 streak". I'm pretty good on the drums, but it's so hard to get a streak because of nerves (I guess that's part of the "difficulty").

I have just 2 more challenges to get at least 2 stars in before my trophy pops.
__________________
Platinums: Call of Duty Classic | Call of Duty: World at War | Call of Duty: Black Ops | Dead Space | Guitar Hero 5 | Karaoke Revolution | Modern Warfare 2 | Quantum of Solace | Resident Evil 5 | Rock Band 2 | Tekken 6 | Tekken Tag Tournament HD | Tom Clancy's HAWX

squodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:57 PM   #10
MrSelfDestruct79
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squodge View Post
Good stuff, well done

The singing in these games (GH/RB) is very easy compared to SingStar, even if you're practically tone deaf. I did find many of the vocal challenges hard though, as I didn't know the songs at all (I've not heard of some like Taylor Swift - looked her up, apparently a country singer). It would've been nice if the game had some heavier songs (metal and hard rock), as I found singing pop songs very tedious.

The drum challenges pissed me off after a while, mainly because a lot of them are just "get 400 streak". I'm pretty good on the drums, but it's so hard to get a streak because of nerves (I guess that's part of the "difficulty").

I have just 2 more challenges to get at least 2 stars in before my trophy pops.

I have the same problem with nerves. There was one challenge. I think it was on the Black Cat song. Get like a 400 note streak on bass. I can't count how many times I'd get to note 380 something and then miss something stupid because of nerves. I had the same issue on Rock Band 2, on getting 100% of notes on guitar on expert. I'd always get to the last few seconds, then my nerves would kick in, and then miss some stupid note.
__________________
MrSelfDestruct79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:55 PM.