Rate the trophy difficulty...  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_35.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.64

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• 1 month later...

Am I the first person to platinum the game? <_<

For me, it was a toss-up between 6 and 7. I ended up voting 6 just to look like a tough guy!

The most time-consuming trophy is upgrading all Bakugan completely, which takes hours. That's not what I based my difficulty score on though.

Two roadblock trophies for me were "Perfection" and "Untouchable." Perfection is getting an "S" Rank on all 17 story battles, which is NOT THAT EASY. Untouchable is doing 10 perfect combo breakers in a single battle. Even using two controllers, I found it tricky and needing quite a bit of patience. These two trophies are why I don't vote lower.

This game is COMPLETELY UNLIKE THE FIRST BAKUGAN GAME. If you played the first Bakugan game, you are in for a kick in the pants when you play this one. There is no marble throwing or trying to win card battles. This is straight up 3D action robot fighting.

• 3 weeks later...
Am I the first person to platinum the game? <_<

For me, it was a toss-up between 6 and 7. I ended up voting 6 just to look like a tough guy!

The most time-consuming trophy is upgrading all Bakugan completely, which takes hours. That's not what I based my difficulty score on though.

Two roadblock trophies for me were "Perfection" and "Untouchable." Perfection is getting an "S" Rank on all 17 story battles, which is NOT THAT EASY. Untouchable is doing 10 perfect combo breakers in a single battle. Even using two controllers, I found it tricky and needing quite a bit of patience. These two trophies are why I don't vote lower.

This game is COMPLETELY UNLIKE THE FIRST BAKUGAN GAME. If you played the first Bakugan game, you are in for a kick in the pants when you play this one. There is no marble throwing or trying to win card battles. This is straight up 3D action robot fighting.

The game is a 6/10, though I don't have my Platinum, I'm mainly missing all of the upgrades and Untouchable. The upgrades are taking a while, but if I were to dedicate an entire day, I might be able to finish it. The first and second games are similar, but not identical. This third game, however, has an entirely different battle set-up, which seems to be reminiscient of Transformers, with a pre-battle exploration mode.

I gave this a 2/10. It took 12 hours to unlock plat and I never struggled at any moment. This is certainly an easy plat for people to achieve.

True, but for the upgrades, I actually found the semi-final boss to be a more lucrative and quick method than the final.:think:

The final has 3 parts; the semi-final has one. All you have to do is use Maxus Dragonoid, and defeating Cross Dragonoid is easy, you get about the same amount of points in about 1/2 to 3/4 the time, depending on your skill in regular one on one combat.:applause:

• 1 month later...

Voted a 2. The got the plat in about 16 hours and at least 4 or 5 of those were spent doing laundry, smoking or watching a movie and forgetting that I had the game on.

Edit: Just read that and realized it sounded like I was rating based on time. I should have said the biggest challenge in this was farming up the money for all of the upgrades, or trying to get S rank on one particular battle, depending on your fighter preference. After completing story mode the first time I S ranked almost every map that hadn't been done on the playthrough on the first try, with a couple exceptions. A lot of the trophies will come naturally as you're playing and finding all of the items on the maps is isn't really a challenge considering they not only show you on the map where items are, but also tell you how many of each chest you've found on any given stage.

Regardless, though, it was a fun play. Even when I was probably older than the crowd that should have been watching shows like this I got a kick out of Yu-Gi-Oh and I've seen a few episodes of this show and it did translate well. Definitely less annoying to play than the first one was, as well...

Edited by Maldovar
Clarification

• 2 weeks later...

I actually didn't have a problem with untouchable, which is unusual for me when so many others did, as I'm getting old and my reflexes and timing aren't what they used to be. :o

I just made adjustments to the damage in a 2 player game and found that if I hit light attack twice on one controller and hit the break button at the same time as the second button tap I got a perfect break. Got it on my second round, with the first being used to find the timing.

I was worried when i rented this cuz i hated the first Bakugan.....well this game is really easy to plat. and nothing like the first one...I gave it a one did it in like under 12 hours total play time.....got lucky tho on some of the trophies dont know how i got em but i did so yea....anyone looking for an easy platinum make sure to play this one...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Voting a 3. The only tough trophy was Untouchable because there's no consistent way of getting a perfect combo break. Plus, the game has terrible input recognition for this trophy.

Other than that, the collectibles aren't bad and the game does have a lot of grinding in order to get all Bakugan upgrades. The guide states that the final boss was the hardest to get S Rank but I disagree as the 2nd to last boss was the toughest in my view.

Overall, this is an easy platinum. After playing the 2 Bakugan games, I have enjoyed playing Bakugan especially when the game is published by Activision instead of SEGA.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I'd give this game a 3/10. Personally I found it to be pretty easy. Maxing out everyone takes a little long, but not really long compared to others (Like Bleach) a few hours should be enough by the time you've gotten all of the S Ranks. (Which are actually pretty easy if you're using Maxus Drago) The 10 Perfect Combo Breakers is easy if you fight the Dark Panther type fighter in a Battle Arena match. Just time it right with the L2 button and you'll have the trophy in no time. One thing I like about this game is that you don't need online or boosting to get the Platinum. This will be the 2nd Platinum to add to my record! (Wrapping up the final trophy, maxing everyone out)

This game is too easy, just be sure to keep pressing the start button to check if you got all the chest in an area before moving on with the next battle in the story. All the trophies are a joke and easy to obtain. I takes only 10 hours of gameplay to platinum. But it takes about 2 hours worth of grinding for upgrades.

I did the 2nd to the last level because it's only a boss fight and it takes 30sec to 1 minutes to beat him for 11-12000 points towards upgrading. The last battle against the final boss is too long and has cut scenes is why you want to fight the Drago boss instead.

As for the S Ranks. If you have trouble you can look through this guy's youtube

for help or a method.

• 3 years later...