So...

PIaystation-3

This game is amazing and a lot of fun. It all depends on what kind of experience you want when playing I guess and your preference. I think both games take equal amount of skill but since you play both so differently they're each fun in their own way. BB's Tackle Alley can be good fun and is something to come back to and play with friends. And the physics and overall feel of the game are really sweet. Nothing like picking a defender before the play and watching the QB, intercepting his pass and running it back spinning and juking. Or hurdling over a bunch of linemen to try and get that first down or TD. Or completing a long slant pass in double coverage right when you were about to get sacked :D I hated playing defense in Madden you know, it was like ahhh cmon I want the ball back I wanna try and score lol. But with BB even defense is fun and keeps your interest. To those hating the game I don't think they realize what it is, it definitely isn't garbage and I swear 98% of the reviews both written and video are pathetic. So don't listen to the ignorant people saying this game sucks, give it a few days and good hours of play before you make your final judgement. It's $50 and honestly that's not bad at all, I wouldn't mind paying that to support BB2 and all the greatness put into this game. It has very few bugs and the bugs that it does have are not bad at all and don't really effect the game (I think Madden is worse when it comes to bugs/glitches) Also starting tomorrow Backbreaker is only $34.99 at K-Mart along with many other top games so you're crazy not to pick this up for that price. I know I will be ! This game is definitely more realistic and more fun than Madden to me. As I said the people who think it's trash are really ignorant cause this game can be so much fun and it definitely can compete with Madden. If there really will be a BB2 (which I think so) then I actually see it becoming more popular than Madden too.

Oh, and @ the above comment ^^

There's announcers, just hard to hear and frankly I'm good not hearing people constantly jibber jabber for once. If you have a custom team they don't really talk much about them too I think and just focus on the other team. I'm an X button masher when it comes to most stuff so I finish a play and am onto the next anyways. The AI has very few errors but they do have some errors, it's hard to make a game perfect but they got very close. If you play on Easy then yeah the AI sucks, but my 11 year old niece could win a game on Easy. Medium isn't too bad and Hard the AI will definitely challenge you. It does suck when the AI on your side is a bit whack, but it doesn't ruin the game. Just minor things that will definitely be fixed if another BB is made. This has more of an overall experience than Madden has ever had to offer really. I can't remember the last good Madden game but it was forever ago. So with that being said out with the old and try something new, I think you'll like this game a lot if you're a fan of football at all. Not NFL, just the game of football.

Edited by seanonfire

Metacritic score = 54

Backbreaker (ps3) reviews at Metacritic.com

End of...

See that's what I'm saying :p

You have to ignore these people and definitely go off your own judgements. Just depends on how long you play it and get used to it too I guess. But I just didn't want the OP to go off of everyone elses' negativity and not get into the game much. I'd play a lot of Tackle Alley, create and customize a team and do a 16 team season, and then try Road to Backbreaker for a bit to challenge yourself afterwards. If you aren't feeling it by the time you're playing Road to Backbreaker, then I guess it isn't your kind of game. I've played the last 7 Maddens and this to me is a new era for football games and I'm hoping they're already working or planning on a second. I like this game a lot.

And with all due respect, that Metacritic score is crap. I guarantee most of the votes are Madden fan boys that didn't even try the game, or people that played the game for 2 hours and then cried.

Edited by seanonfire

Its a lot of fun and a very nice change of pace. Its not a game you pick up right away and just get it...it takes some getting used to and once you do it feels natural. The camera, while annoying at times, feels like it really puts you into the game.

But you know, compared to Madden, everything else will suck because people are blinded. Madden USED to be a good game but its not going to get any better this year, I read an EA release that even said they were building for 2012 so 11 won't have major updates. So enjoy paying $60 for what should be a free roster update.

Backbreaker, however, not an amazing game, is more fun because it shows you what is to come. The team editor is absolutely amazing! The main issues that people have brought up for the game could be patched...which Madden, despite being out and developed under the same engine for years, has many errors of similar or the same level. Resulting in 3 or so patches every year.

Basically I think its worth more than 5, likely 6.5 to 7. If anyone claims it to be much more than that they are likely anti-EA or just blind to Backbreaker wanting it to be the best ever.

By the way, I'm not an EA hater I just hate what Madden has become. Graphics has updated amazingly but I miss the PS2 days when I would buy every year without question on release day. I want Madden to be good again but each year's Madden released in the past few years, I've played less and less.

So what I'm saying here is to give Backbreaker a chance, a week maybe, and if you don't like it then its not the game for you. Does it mean it sucks? No, you just prefer not to play it. I don't like Madden anymore, so does that mean it sucks? Yes....lol no I just prefer not to play it.

thanks for your opinions but im the same, who cares if ''metacritic'' gave it this and someone else gave it that... its down to personal opinions.

Metacritic = Every single review of this game. You should care what Metacritic scores this game lol. The game is terrible. I played it and hated it. I think the Metacritic score is too high to be honest.

I just find it a bit funny that this game gets bashed on so much and to such extent, yet there isn't really an explanation as to why. More or less people are garbage at the game, or so stuck on Madden that they don't even know what a football game is anymore.

AllPro 2k8 anyone? That's probably my all time favorite if you wanna go pick up a bad ass enjoyable football game. Anyways it's all personal preference as stated, but the bashing is just getting sad cause I don't agree at all and have put quite a bit of time into BB. Oh well, it's a shame not many enjoyed this game as much as me. Maybe BB2 will knock some reasonable sense into people ;p

Edit: And I'm not trying to pick fights, but as a long-time video game lover I've played just about everything past and current and I am not too harsh on games unless they really really deserve it. And I have a good amount of reasons if I dislike a game that much.

Edited by seanonfire

• 3 weeks later...