Tackle Alley, how're you doing?

seanonfire

Ugh, wow I hate Tackle Alley. Don't get me wrong at first I LOVED it, thought it was more fun than anything. Got the Wave 50 trophy on my second time and was thinking this might be easier than I thought. Now 3 days later I have yet to get to the 100th wave and this is something that will forever stall my platinum lol. It went from fun to frustrating now tho. Quite a few of the waves I got through by pure luck, but the fact that people you've already juked or evaded some how can almost easily come right back up behind you almost ruins it. The farthest I've made it is to Wave 86 I believe and I had about 29x lives remaining. Well after I got down to 2 lives I just did a rage quit heh. The controls are just not responsive enough unless maybe you have a brand spanking new fresh smelling PS3 controller, then maybe you can do it with more ease. But for some reason I end up switching the ball to my other hand BEFORE doing my spin move, and I know I do the joystick movement to a perfect T, after I've released the R2 button. I know I time my agression release and spin movement perfect, this game just isn't responsive enough, so I give up. It doesn't really start happening until the late late waves where you have to go crazy and do everything perfect. Plus it takes wayyyy too long to make it that far, like 70+ seems like it takes hours. Anyways due to Tackle Alley's ridiculous-ness I am surely never going to platinum this game.

Edited by seanonfire

I got to wave 80 on my 1st try. I lost most of my live between 76-80. I was tired so i didn't care. Im going to try again when I'm well rested and if I fail then I will be in your boat. I probably won't quit though. There is no way this trophy is harder than Hamilwho? from MLB 10 The Show or Late Boomer from SSHD. Now that 's frustrating.

I beat it on probably my 8th or 9th overall try. I HIGHLY recommend changing the button layout from standard to alternate. That makes spin circle and keeps everything else pretty much the same. I didn't spin before on the first 5 or 6 times I tried it, and I kept getting stuck on wave 83. After I changed the layout and started using spin, I got to at least wave 99 all 4 times with relative ease. Spinning is really dynamic in this game and just completely fakes out defenders. I had several occasions on wave 98 where I put 5 or 6 guys on their butts at once just by spinning. I can help with the last 3 waves:

98. Run right up to the huge horde of defenders and then spin left, take a step, and then do 2 quick spins to the right. It may take a few tries, but you'll get it. After the 2nd spin, you should just be able to run it in.

99. Immediately go to the right sideline. Whenever the first defender comes, spin to the right. With the next wave of defenders, spin to the left. You may have to spin to the left once more, but the goal here is to work your way from the right sideline back towards the middle of the field and you should be in the clear.

100. This one sucks. You have to hope and pray they align the way they should first of all, and you have to time it perfectly, then you have to have some luck. They come in couples. 2 guys will align and go through the smaller area, followed by 4 more couples, so there's 5 in total, meaning 10 defenders. Do NOT move until the 3rd couple has entered the smaller area and the 4th is about to enter. Then start running and just spin like crazy. You're going to have to pull off at the very least 3 spin moves to get it and hope and pray all the defenders get faked out. It took me a few tries, but you'll get it eventually.

Hey I OU just sent you a message on PSN lol. But I wasn't digging the alternate controls for spinning really. I ended up doing worse that way because for me at least, it was just harder to actually control my spins. I NEVER juke when I play tho. Spinning is the way to go because you can still keep most of the momentum you had going and you can dodge/lose more tacklers that way.

I beat it on probably my 8th or 9th overall try. I HIGHLY recommend changing the button layout from standard to alternate. That makes spin circle and keeps everything else pretty much the same. I didn't spin before on the first 5 or 6 times I tried it, and I kept getting stuck on wave 83. After I changed the layout and started using spin, I got to at least wave 99 all 4 times with relative ease. Spinning is really dynamic in this game and just completely fakes out defenders. I had several occasions on wave 98 where I put 5 or 6 guys on their butts at once just by spinning. I can help with the last 3 waves:

98. Run right up to the huge horde of defenders and then spin left, take a step, and then do 2 quick spins to the right. It may take a few tries, but you'll get it. After the 2nd spin, you should just be able to run it in.

99. Immediately go to the right sideline. Whenever the first defender comes, spin to the right. With the next wave of defenders, spin to the left. You may have to spin to the left once more, but the goal here is to work your way from the right sideline back towards the middle of the field and you should be in the clear.

100. This one sucks. You have to hope and pray they align the way they should first of all, and you have to time it perfectly, then you have to have some luck. They come in couples. 2 guys will align and go through the smaller area, followed by 4 more couples, so there's 5 in total, meaning 10 defenders. Do NOT move until the 3rd couple has entered the smaller area and the 4th is about to enter. Then start running and just spin like crazy. You're going to have to pull off at the very least 3 spin moves to get it and hope and pray all the defenders get faked out. It took me a few tries, but you'll get it eventually.

Dude you are the F'n MAN!!!! Those tips got me my 100. I can't put into words how much I appreciate you help! THANK YOU!!!

Edit: Got the Plat now

Edited by M-Easy

cheers for this, its a real pain in the ass, changing the controller settings really helped. i was losing in the 70s, but the 1st time i try the new settings, i make it to 100 before i choked. takes a while to get there, then having to start again sucks. but ill soldier on till i get it...or till i have to take it back to the rental place

• 5 months later...

My Tackle Alley Progress

Attempt 1 - Wave 65

Attempt 2 - Wave 72

Attempt 3 - Wave 85

I'm improving and learning with each attempt, but man are they starting to get hard. I felt like once I beat 72 it was pretty easy to get to 84. Any chance its like that again after 85. I wish this game was more popular so there would be some Youtube videos and tips, but other then the last 3 there is really no help out there. This trophy is now my White Wall; mainly cause it takes over a hour just to try. I feel once you get to 50 you should be able to start there.

Attempt 4 - Wave 92: Wow does this get tough from 84 on, I did beat 91 1st try, but I have no clue on how to attack 92......

Attempt 5 - Wave 99 - had about 60 lives but couldn't beat it, tried all different types of ways

Attempt 6 - BEAT IT! - What a great fully truly a trophy that is not only difficult, but really fun to try and achieve as well. I didn't know R2 was a super boost button, made a big difference a couple times. I had like 99 lives up through 80. On this one 97 gave me the most difficulty for some reason, staying in bounds can be tough. On Wave 99 I went just a little to the right as the start and then juked right on the 1st guy, then time a right spin so I would go just around the outside of the nearest defender coming in from the right group. Then I juked right, left, turbo'ed, slowed for a sec for the guy behind me to catch up from the side and I juked left around him then juked right around the last guy and turbo'ed in. I doubt this helps anyone, but you really have to find you own pattern for 99 and stick with it on Attempt 5 I wasted to many tries going for different combos every time. What a rush and a fun mini game.

Edited by Believeland-OH

• 1 month later...

Just to bring this back to the top for anyone who, like me, just put this game into their system for the first time.

I made it to wave 78 or so the first time playing this game, having never played an actual football game yet (figured it would help me better with my running game if I had a feel for how the players react) and I have to say the thing that looks to me like it's going to be the hardest to beat is the restrictions on running room. 99 times out of 100 I can get by the defenders with ease, but at times it seems like my player is drunk and wants to weave out of control, or the simple act of dodging an incoming tackle takes more room than I actually have to make the effrot and I step out of bounds over and over. Definitely going to take some time getting used to the controls for this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I beat Tackle Alley for the 2nd time a couple weeks ago. Just decided to start playing it for fun, no pressure, next thing I know I'm on wave 100. I had a tougher time with wave 97 then I did with 99 on that playthrough. The only new tip I can give is to use the boost when you have a straight, but don't just hold it down hoping for the best; have a feel of when to let up and juke. That is how I beat 99, after the initial waves I turboed, stopped, juked, turboed, stopped, juked, TD!

• 2 months later...
I got to 92.. lost 27 lives... got p.o'ed and haven't tried it again since lol

OMG after so many frikken tries... i finally beat this shit. i watched some tutorials on youtube but none of that worked for me. i just started the wave and ran torwards the right out of bounds line and juked my way to the end zone. you gotta be quick with the stick work!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Somebody could make a fortune if they got good a tackle alley runs. Im tackle alley away from platinum just like a LOT of other gamers.

the crazy part about this quote is... i could do it for people. too bad its frowned upon on these forums (trophy trading)