Buy, Rent or No Buy  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Buy, Rent or No Buy

• Buy
    • Rent
    • No Buy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I personally plan on buying the game. I love football games, whether it be Madden or not. I've seen a few videos on this game about the engine and gameplay mechanics they're using, and it looks promising. Obviously that's just a video so the game could play totally different. Hopefully it plays good and it will be the first in the series (hopefully not every year though, like Madden). I'm looking forward to playing it though, with all the games coming out in May I'll have to find some way to pick this one up.

So this game will get a buy from me.

• 2 weeks later...
I think I would buy this over madden. Because the game is not a real teams (I think) and looks really good, so I would prefer a really good game over a game that changes all the time

Agreed, essentially i do not care real teams or not, i would love to be the Arizona Cardinals on 2K one more time, but because of EA's exclusive License, and it's pathetic attempt to add two new features a year. To be honest i am buying this game just to show that i do not like EA and i just want a real Football experience and Backbreaker is trying to do just that.

• 3 weeks later...
i honestly cant wait for this, tackle system looks great. hopefully day one buy except im getting red dead

What you could do is order it on Amazon.com, they have it for 55dollars, when you think about it, it auctully is 10 dollars or so less on Amazon. I can not wait, so far that i know it has a brilliant physics engine.

I was hoping I would play this and easily be able to boycott Madden, but unfortunately that is NOT the case. Tackle alley is fun and so was training camp, but playing the game is mostly just frustrating... Not enough plays, not always responsive controls, no play by play announcer (never thought I'd miss that after Collinsworth), and 3 face buttons that NEVER get used, are you kidding me!?

ABSOLUTELY NO BUY!!!!!!!!!!

I got this game in the mail from gamefly and I am PISSED that I wasted my monthly fee on this crappy game. I got 1 trophy for it so far and I don't want to leave it naked so I am trying to :platinum: it. If anyone else is unfortunate enough to get this game add me my PSN is BIG-gwap (PUT BACKBREAKER in message). It is June 2, 2010 and most likely I won't have this game a week from now so if you are reading this then, DO NOT ADD ME!!!

I voted for rent. I got it from GameFly and sent it back 2 days later after 40% of the trophies. I liked the way the game handles, and online was fun, but lack of official teams, lack of plays to choose from makes this game worth less then the $40 they are selling it for. I will buy it once I can find it for $25 or less.

This is more of a rent than a buy. You may as well buy a new controller if you plan on buying this game, cause I swear this game requires you to be so damn precise. In Tackle Alley after waves 80+ you basically need the most perfect controller ever cause this game just won't be able to keep up with what you're doing. In the higher waves I end up switching the ball before I spin 90% of the time and it screws me, so frustrating and stupid. It makes the Skate series look like a kids game the way they expect you to be spinning and juking and doging. If anything you'll end up breaking your controller just from abusing the joystick so much playing this lol. On top of that there's many bugs and glitches which although aren't major, they're pretty bad. It's dull and missing a lot, but the physics and different style of gameplay are what keep it fun. Just not worth $50-$60 at all.

Edited by seanonfire

• 5 months later...