This game is horrible...

Two-Faced Joker

The AI make this game absolutely horrible, they are some of the cheapest AI i've ever encountered. Why would you make a game where the AI is so cheap & hard? Leon is a complete joke, you have to basically catch him off guard when he is fighting one of your AI bot team mates or trap him somehow to kill him. Every AI character always has rapid cool down & just spams there special attacks, running back to their base with a sliver of life left & somehow always seem to be just a little bit faster than you. I can win every game just fine but as far as killing AI Awesomenauts? It's pretty damn difficult half of the time, I can't stand playing this game anymore & i'm only level 28. This game would be really fun if it wasn't for the bullshit AI & overpowered characters like Leon.

Edited by Two-Faced Joker

i'm only level 28.

Well there is the problem.

When I started playing the game (and I think I can speak for a large portion of the community as well), I too got destroyed left and right by the AI. They were tough sons of guns. And truth be told, they are going to get a lot tougher (they get harder depending on you level).

Now? Put me in a game against 3 AIs and I will win in less than 10 minutes, 5 if I have a decent companion. You just need to practice yo.

Who do you use? Leon is a tough guy. If it is an AI Leon, I can easily kill him with Froggy G or Voltar (my two mains). Against real life players, that can b more difficult depending on their skill.

Also, remember that every character is unique. That is, their cool down times and running speed vary. Don't expect to catch up to Leon while he is running away if you are playing as Clunk.

Also, just to be sure, make sure you are playing in Practice Mode if you are still practicing. As I said, the AI goes up in difficulty depending on your level, but only in practice mode. Private or Online Battles, you will feel the full wrath of highest level AI.

Trust me on this - if you are decent in video games, I guarantee you you will be destroying AI come level 45. I can get first blood as Froggy G against an AI opponent within the first minute of the game - and I'm sure a lot other can too (have experienced that when playing online with bots).

All that being said...what fun is a game if it provides no challenge? I hate playing against pure AI because it is way too easy. I love challenges, and I'm pretty sure that is what the developers had in mind (to create a challenge). It'd be no fun it all game could be won easily.

some of the cheapest AI i've ever encountered

If you want damn difficult and cheap AI, go play Midnight Club II.

:p

I agree with Marv2K11 and pacman919, more or less.

The AI can be tough, yeah. But they're also predictable. As you said, they always run back to their base with a sliver of life left. That's where Leon comes in handy. With his tongue and backstab abilities, you just have to weaken them and wait for them to run. Then you punish them. Hard.

I went 30 and 0 doing that. :D

Anyway, if you're having that much trouble with the AI, just play online against other players.

Yeah I was ranting more than anything when I wrote this but I agree they are dumb along with cheap. I did use Leon to be able to get high kill totals but it just shows how overpowering he is which I think is stupid, every character should be equal. I know they all have their own pros & cons but Leon is obviously the best character to choose. The AI is more dumb on your team than against your team, I swear they do some of the luckiest shit to kill me or get away from me. I am never really below a 1:1 KTD & I dominate with Leon & Clunk like i'm sure everyone else does but I just think this game is not balanced at all. Oh well though, I made it to level 45 today & I am officially done with this game. It's a shame though because I would actually have fun playing it after getting 100% if the AI didn't piss me off so much.

@ Marv2k11 - I know what you are saying & I appreciate the advice. I used everyone, I didn't like picking just 1 character. To hurry up & get to level 45 after I posted this I used Clunk & Leon though, mainly Leon. I like a challenge too but I there is a big difference between cheap AI & challenging AI. My main issue was head to head battle with AI Awesomenauts, I never had a problem winning the match. I caught on to their strategies & habits like you said though & it was a breeze after a few matches, I guess I ranted a little too much before calming down & taking my time to get a good game plan going.

Edited by Two-Faced Joker

Yeah Leon may be OP against the AI, but in real battles against real people he doesn't do as well do to his horrible opening game. Instead you may find yourself using Clunk or Voltor because of their better overall utility.

• 1 month later...
The AI make this game absolutely horrible, they are some of the cheapest AI i've ever encountered. Why would you make a game where the AI is so cheap & hard? Leon is a complete joke, you have to basically catch him off guard when he is fighting one of your AI bot team mates or trap him somehow to kill him. Every AI character always has rapid cool down & just spams there special attacks, running back to their base with a sliver of life left & somehow always seem to be just a little bit faster than you. I can win every game just fine but as far as killing AI Awesomenauts? It's pretty damn difficult half of the time, I can't stand playing this game anymore & i'm only level 28. This game would be really fun if it wasn't for the bullshit AI & overpowered characters like Leon.

Sounds like the AIs are actually doing their jobs?

• 1 month later...

The AI are pretty easily exploited. A team of say, 1 player and 2 AI vs 3 humans will lose horribly most of the time.

And Leon isn't overpowered. He's good at running away and taking cheapshots. That's what he's designed for. You can easily stop him from doing those two things and then he's almost entirely useless beyond his tongue silence. He can't stand up to the damage output of characters like Clunk, Lonestar, Coco and Derpl (I realize this guys rant was made before the last 2 were released). Obviously characters like Yuri and Voltar will not be able to fight him, more often than not.

Just try to keep your back as close to turrets as possible, stick by allies, and Leon is weak.

The AI are pretty easily exploited. A team of say, 1 player and 2 AI vs 3 humans will lose horribly most of the time.

And Leon isn't overpowered. He's good at running away and taking cheapshots. That's what he's designed for. You can easily stop him from doing those two things and then he's almost entirely useless beyond his tongue silence. He can't stand up to the damage output of characters like Clunk, Lonestar, Coco and Derpl (I realize this guys rant was made before the last 2 were released). Obviously characters like Yuri and Voltar will not be able to fight him, more often than not.

Just try to keep your back as close to turrets as possible, stick by allies, and Leon is weak.

I disagree. Any character is good with exception to Voltar. I've logged 150+ hours on the game and can take down any player with any character. Yes, some are better matched up verse others but a very good player can account for everything. Leon clones with critical damage + tongue will take any character down quite easily. Coco, Froggy, Yuri (based on skill selection) are about the only character that can get away from him.

• 11 months later...

Nope, didn't come across any difficulty spikes, the game seemed to change (in practice mode at least) when you get more upgrades, but you just adjust slightly. Love Lonestars dynamite and Derpls nuke, great weapons.

I have really enjoyed this game and hope to see a follow-up, characters are great, but the maps are way too limited. Only 3?!?