Solo Party At Sky Vault Help?

pacman919

I'm pretty sure the only way I'm going to get this trophy any time soon is if I play it solo, so I'm lookin for some tips and strategies. Here's what I was thinking:

Form a team of Clunk, Froggy, and Leon. For the first part, just focus on taking out the enemy bots to rack up Solar. Maybe start with Clunk and his explosion power and if I die, use Leon, maybe try to do some damage to the turret while I can. Then when I have enough Solar, start using Froggy with his Splash Dash/Tornado combo to slowly take out the turrets. What you guys think?

I'm pretty sure the only way I'm going to get this trophy any time soon is if I play it solo, so I'm lookin for some tips and strategies. Here's what I was thinking:

Form a team of Clunk, Froggy, and Leon. For the first part, just focus on taking out the enemy bots to rack up Solar. Maybe start with Clunk and his explosion power and if I die, use Leon, maybe try to do some damage to the turret while I can. Then when I have enough Solar, start using Froggy with his Splash Dash/Tornado combo to slowly take out the turrets. What you guys think?

As someone in the same boat as you, I've been thinking about this a lot. It's probably better to stick with whoever you're best with, and then have Sheriff Lonestar and Voltar (both of which have knock-back skills) as backup that you can "use" if you really need to.

I'm personally going to try it with Leon, as once you max his dummies he can do quite a bit of damage to a turret by himself, and he is by far the best solo Awesomenaut killer out there.

I tried it at my friends house and I managed easily, but for some reason when I did it at home I kept losing horribly. Does anyone know if the bot's difficulty are dependent on your level or something? I don't know what it could be.. :think:

As someone in the same boat as you, I've been thinking about this a lot. It's probably better to stick with whoever you're best with, and then have Sheriff Lonestar and Voltar (both of which have knock-back skills) as backup that you can "use" if you really need to.

I'm personally going to try it with Leon, as once you max his dummies he can do quite a bit of damage to a turret by himself, and he is by far the best solo Awesomenaut killer out there.

I tried it at my friends house and I managed easily, but for some reason when I did it at home I kept losing horribly. Does anyone know if the bot's difficulty are dependent on your level or something? I don't know what it could be.. :think:

Ooo, I hope it's not cause I just reached max level, although that would be a good reason to prestige. I don't really care about my rank though.

Easier way to do this would be to have 3 friends fill the extra spots on the enemy team. Then just win with your other 2 characters not moving, and all 3 of the enemy characters either not moving or letting you kill them for solar so you can get your perks faster.

Im not messing around with soloing it...thats how I will be doing it.

Easier way to do this would be to have 3 friends fill the extra spots on the enemy team. Then just win with your other 2 characters not moving, and all 3 of the enemy characters either not moving or letting you kill them for solar so you can get your perks faster.

Im not messing around with soloing it...thats how I will be doing it.

Same thing as boosting it.

I actually got this on my first attempt solo with Voltar. I did it in practice mode. I find practice mode bots unpredicatble in that sometimes they are really bad and sometimes they use teamwork and are tougher. Anyway I just sat behind a couple droids healing them while they worked on turrets, let a few drones out to also work on turrets. If more than one bot came at me I ran back to safety. It went much more smoothly than I would have expected with Voltar, but he worked well.

I actually got this on my first attempt solo with Voltar. I did it in practice mode. I find practice mode bots unpredicatble in that sometimes they are really bad and sometimes they use teamwork and are tougher. Anyway I just sat behind a couple droids healing them while they worked on turrets, let a few drones out to also work on turrets. If more than one bot came at me I ran back to safety. It went much more smoothly than I would have expected with Voltar, but he worked well.

Nice, I'll try that. I actually heard that if you level Voltar's drone's to max, you can pretty much solo turrets on your own because the turret tries to shoot the drones but rarely hits them.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I don't know how you managed to solo it, it's impossible. played 7 games as voltar and they always burn my first turret down in under 3 mins. they work together better then most of the online players I have played against. it's not happening for me

Edit: I did it with Yuri's Laser and sheriff spamming bull while he's guarding turrets

Edited by VanDeaM

i did it solo with Yuri on Sorona, its only got 2 turrets you gotta get through and if you position Yuri above the turrets and shoot down at a angle, you can hit them without them being able to hit you. But you do have to be careful of the enemies, but half the time they wont even be going for you. I usually get the make the laser stronger powerup first and then the make it go further or the make it faster. I go after the to turret first. Good luck, its more than possible and once you learn how to do it you will be able to do it over and over again.

p.s. the turrets take along time to kill with Yuri's laser

Edited by cozomel

I tried to get it solo one time and couldn't get it fast enough.

Second try, here is what I did.

I played Leon and ask my girlfriend to play(not really) Sherif. I placed her behind the turret and she hold the Bull ability button. (I could have wrapped the controler button too) While my Leon was racking up kill/solar, I've manage to get turrets down and base. Sherif wasn't upgraded, it was only meant to push attackers back to give me some time. The 3rd player didn't even leave the spawning point.

Hopefully this will help some of you. ^^

• 2 weeks later...
i did it solo with Yuri on Sorona, its only got 2 turrets you gotta get through and if you position Yuri above the turrets and shoot down at a angle, you can hit them without them being able to hit you. But you do have to be careful of the enemies, but half the time they wont even be going for you. I usually get the make the laser stronger powerup first and then the make it go further or the make it faster. I go after the to turret first. Good luck, its more than possible and once you learn how to do it you will be able to do it over and over again.

p.s. the turrets take along time to kill with Yuri's laser

Hmmm, I might try that, that sounds like it could work, it'd just take awhile.

I tried to get it solo one time and couldn't get it fast enough.

Second try, here is what I did.

I played Leon and ask my girlfriend to play(not really) Sherif. I placed her behind the turret and she hold the Bull ability button. (I could have wrapped the controler button too) While my Leon was racking up kill/solar, I've manage to get turrets down and base. Sherif wasn't upgraded, it was only meant to push attackers back to give me some time. The 3rd player didn't even leave the spawning point.

Hopefully this will help some of you. ^^

That's another good idea. I'll combine the defense with Yuri's laser and hopefully be able to do it solo, but if not, I just recently got a girlfriend myself so I'm also thinkin of just playin with her and havin her learn the game and then we can play against the bots. A Clunk/Voltar combo would probably help a bit.

Edited by pacman919

Okay i dunno what you guys are having trouble with but i had 2 dualshock 3's with me and borrowed one from a friend and me and my brother sat in a private match i had 2 controllers and he had one and we all connected to the private match as ME HOST and all three on same team, i left the extra controller character guy at the start position to rack up points while me and my brother went on ahead to kill the bot team, as i died i went back to the other extra controller lying there got some points from him and than back and forth after about 3-4 deaths we managed to get a victory in a private match and got the party at skyvault and the 45 level trophy aswell :) 100 PERCENT game completed

SO THIS theory of using ps2 controller or bluray remote etc is false.. i used 3 DUALSHOCK 3'S !

btw i had LONESTAR, my brother leon and the extra controller CLUNK as he can take some damage.

Okay i dunno what you guys are having trouble with but i had 2 dualshock 3's with me and borrowed one from a friend and me and my brother sat in a private match i had 2 controllers and he had one and we all connected to the private match as ME HOST and all three on same team, i left the extra controller character guy at the start position to rack up points while me and my brother went on ahead to kill the bot team, as i died i went back to the other extra controller lying there got some points from him and than back and forth after about 3-4 deaths we managed to get a victory in a private match and got the party at skyvault and the 45 level trophy aswell :) 100 PERCENT game completed

SO THIS theory of using ps2 controller or bluray remote etc is false.. i used 3 DUALSHOCK 3'S !

btw i had LONESTAR, my brother leon and the extra controller CLUNK as he can take some damage.

The trouble is getting this trophy while not having anybody helping you.

Ive attempted this trophy both by myself and with a (unexperienced) buddy but have had no luck. I only have 2 PS3 controllers and the Blu-ray remote to use and I believe I could pull it off solo, however my problem is I cannot figure out how to get the player being controlled by the blu-ray remote to move at all? of course he will jump, shoot, etc..with X, O. Iv'e tried the obvious directional d-pad like buttons, the "next" and "previous" chapter skip buttons, L1, R1, L2, R2, etc...pretty much everything. Any tips? No help having a character just stand at the beginning gaining solar and not being able to use him. :confused:

Use Yuri, use the first map on practise mode that is available from the start. Other 2 characters can be idle. Just go into upper side of the map and burn enemy turrets from flanking position with Yuri's laser. Haste is of essence here as longer it takes to take down turrets, more solar your enemies will collect and they will be more powerful. After turrets are down, use the same tactics on enemy base. If anyone is coming to interrupt you, fly on top right corner and wait a bit, enemies will eventually go away and you can continue destroying base with your laser.

It is adviced you have the max damage enhancement that will take 2 points per hit for turrets as it will be 2 times faster then.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I was thinking this was going to be difficult but I just got it rather easily, I controlled Leon primarily, and went after drones/bots to farm solar, while defending the upper area with lonestar and the lower with voltar. I attacked the lower turrets with Leon, and ran back to Voltar's healing drone whenever necessary. Pushed back with the bull on the upper level. I only lost 1 turret because I wasn't paying attention to lonestar and he died a couple times.