• Froggy G
    • Leon
    • Sheriff Lonestar
    • Voltar
    • Yuri
    • One of the additional characters
    • I have no preference, they are all good
    • I like none

So who is your favourite character in the game? I prefer playing with Sheriff Lonestar or Clunk, but I admit I haven't really given the other characters a chance yet.

I like how every character has their own tune:D

I added 'one of the additional characters' as on option for when they are out.

Edited by TheDearGunther

I like playing as Clunk. Against crappy team or bot team I do well alone but if the other team knows how to play I need Voltar to heal me.

I wonder what characters there will be added in future... There aint a female character yet? Praying mantis female character would kick ass (cos they eat males after sex ;o ) or Black widow? Would fit in the game (Clunk -> clank and that black widow -> the one from Sly :p)

One vote for Voltar here. I play him straight up healing though. No attack. His drone things are fairly useless. As soon as a match starts I use the gain 125 solar thing. I buy the upgrade to give me solar when I heal then I buy the healbot. If I have a good team this will allow us to do a small zerg rush on the first enemy turret.

I keep healing until I get about 300-400 solar. I then upgrade my healing ability twice. This will allow me to keep my team alive much longer as well as gain a ton of solar. I then upgrade my healbots healing, and its longevity. At this point with the right team, we become unstoppable.

For example, against Lonestar, his bull rush only helps me because all that does is push drones away from the turret allowing more drones to come along. I once had 4-5 walking drones and 3 flying drones with a clunk on my side keep pushing toward the turret. So imagine that, I have 9 different things I am healing all giving me solar while I heal them.

With my healing maxed out my team with drones can pretty much survive an all out attack from the other team. And when you destroy a turret and one of the big drones gets sent out its almost like having another clunk on your team, that I can heal.

Half the time with a good team I never even have to touch my health upgrade or my attack drones. I keep my team alive and they keep me alive. I have ended some matches being 5-6 levels higher than anyone else. Now, a team with full attack upgrades can wipe out my team, but they usually never get to that point because they are not getting any kills, only struggling to to kill my team.

Anyways, I'm just rambling on now, but one last thing, if you have a voltar on your team, stick together please, its to hard for one person to keep 2 team members alive when they are far apart, and there is nothing worse than one person separated and dying, feeding the other team solar. The strategy with a Voltar team mate is to keep the enemy team on the defensive always. You should hardly ever have to defend your turret and your task should be to push forward. Unless of course the other team has a Voltar which is a totally different subject that I may post about later.

One vote for Voltar here. I play him straight up healing though. No attack. His drone things are fairly useless. As soon as a match starts I use the gain 125 solar thing. I buy the upgrade to give me solar when I heal then I buy the healbot. If I have a good team this will allow us to do a small zerg rush on the first enemy turret.

I keep healing until I get about 300-400 solar. I then upgrade my healing ability twice. This will allow me to keep my team alive much longer as well as gain a ton of solar. I then upgrade my healbots healing, and its longevity. At this point with the right team, we become unstoppable.

For example, against Lonestar, his bull rush only helps me because all that does is push drones away from the turret allowing more drones to come along. I once had 4-5 walking drones and 3 flying drones with a clunk on my side keep pushing toward the turret. So imagine that, I have 9 different things I am healing all giving me solar while I heal them.

With my healing maxed out my team with drones can pretty much survive an all out attack from the other team. And when you destroy a turret and one of the big drones gets sent out its almost like having another clunk on your team, that I can heal.

Half the time with a good team I never even have to touch my health upgrade or my attack drones. I keep my team alive and they keep me alive. I have ended some matches being 5-6 levels higher than anyone else. Now, a team with full attack upgrades can wipe out my team, but they usually never get to that point because they are not getting any kills, only struggling to to kill my team.

Anyways, I'm just rambling on now, but one last thing, if you have a voltar on your team, stick together please, its to hard for one person to keep 2 team members alive when they are far apart, and there is nothing worse than one person separated and dying, feeding the other team solar. The strategy with a Voltar team mate is to keep the enemy team on the defensive always. You should hardly ever have to defend your turret and your task should be to push forward. Unless of course the other team has a Voltar which is a totally different subject that I may post about later.

This sounds like an awesome strat to try out, but its hard to make it work when you're playing in public games. The teamwork isn't there. People don't think about position and assist. That's why they lose...;)

Depends on team makeup. Clunk is an awesome tank. Voltar is an amazing healer, and Yuri is serviceable in that role. Leon is ridiculous DPS. Lonestar's bull is a great annoyance. To be honest I love all of the characters except Froggie G, man is he worthless.

i thought so too (hell i even made a thread about it haha) BUT when you upgrade his spin attack to absorb damage and the splash attack, he is very deadly. i voted leon in this thread but froggy g is #2

Hmmmmmm....maybe I'm coming around or just played a terrible party, but got the win and led in kills with Froggie G.

Froggy G.

He can do damage to everyone in his way with every single shot and his ice-sprint is very strong and paralyses for a long time.

If you upgrade it the right way there is no chance to escape.

Don't know why so many think he is worthless, I think nobody knows how to use him the right way..

Clunk is so OP, your guaranteed to get at least 10 kills with him every match no matter how bad you are, just max out his lifesteal bite and and max out damage on his explosion and max out how much damage you take when you explode and then you got yourself a very OP character. I use to play with him alot but he got too OP, so i play as froggy g or lonestar. i Would play as leon but my friend always takes him.

clunk isnt that OP. trust me. ive seen LOTS people not only not get 10 kills with him in a match but not even get a positive KD.

with lonestar, i feel as though its important to upgrade your regular pistol to shoot 2 homing missles, that deals out a ton of damage. i then get the bull and the dynamite, but max out the dynamite 1st with 3 sticks, bounce and extra damage radius.

for yuri, id say upgrade his lazer all the way and his mines. those mines get really annoying, really quick. avoid direct combat as well. stay behind the lines and get laying those mines.

Edited by 8BitArtist

I picked "I have no preference, they are all good" as my favorite changes every week or so.

Right now though, Yuri is up top while Froggy G is at the bottom. Leon remains to be my top killer though, with over 200 kills and an 80% win percentage. :D

Yeah, I can now decimate with Froggie G.

Re: How to play with Lonestar. Personally, I avoid TNT and upgrade the bull to be massive, slowing, and explode or cooldown. Only works if you have good teammates, but I typically spam the bull and get no kills while my teammates pick off the guys I've frozen and annoyingly locked into the wall.

Re: How to play with Yuri. I typically upgrade the laser to be a tractor beam and hits + damage. This keeps people unable to escape. I also do the time warp to speed up teammates and heal. Another one where I don't get much kills, but almost always win with a good group.

Personally, I still just hit random 90% of the time for the fun of it.

Yeah, I can now decimate with Froggie G.

Re: How to play with Lonestar. Personally, I avoid TNT and upgrade the bull to be massive, slowing, and explode or cooldown. Only works if you have good teammates, but I typically spam the bull and get no kills while my teammates pick off the guys I've frozen and annoyingly locked into the wall.

Re: How to play with Yuri. I typically upgrade the laser to be a tractor beam and hits + damage. This keeps people unable to escape. I also do the time warp to speed up teammates and heal. Another one where I don't get much kills, but almost always win with a good group.

Personally, I still just hit random 90% of the time for the fun of it.

Jumping behind people attacking your turret and sending your bull at them to push them into the turret then chucking in 3 TNT while shooting with your blaster and the person is instantly dead. Admittedly you'll need a lot of solar to be able to reach that point. He is a very slow starter.

Jumping behind people attacking your turret and sending your bull at them to push them into the turret then chucking in 3 TNT while shooting with your blaster and the person is instantly dead. Admittedly you'll need a lot of solar to be able to reach that point. He is a very slow starter.

Actually Lonestar is the faster starter in the game. Upgrade gun immeadiately with homing you will get plenty of kills which gives you more solar. Should go 10-1 at a minimum every game with Lonestar.

Chameleon!

Because compared to the other classes he's not that easy to play as, If you look at for example lonestar/clunk, Thats basicly just throw dynamite and deal tons of dmg or bite with snare upgrade and explosion with full dmg and slow movement upgrades.