Only 2 Controllers and boosting buddy needed

quotetheraven

Can confirm that you CAN get the 3 controllers trophy with 2 controllers and a boosting buddy.

Note: easist on private. On the session set up, confirm your 2nd controller then with your 1st change controller setting (via ps button) to number 3. Confirm with cont3 before returning to 1. Invite an online friend (who will be your boosting buddy) Then use which ever character is your fav (personally I use Yuri with the range laser as he is the best at destroying turrents without getting hit).

If your online bud has an extra controller, it's even easier as the computer bots will get stronger and attack you.

Don't try to activate all controller numbers via PS button as it WILL say you have 'x' controller is unplugged.

:dance:

Can't confirm. Just finished boosting sesion and there was problem while changing asignation of controler. Game wanted me to reconnect first controler and i couldnt press ready on my "third" pad. Also my boosting partners coudn't make it work this way.

But, i have very precious information for others.

Game does NOT see Move controler as a player here.

BUT game recognized my official sony remote control for blue ray as a third pad (player) and that saved me.

Can't make a video but can explain step by step:

My set up: 1 ps3 controller, 1 ps2 controller with a converter wire (don't know if this is why the trophy popped for me).

1. Go to private match. On the set up screen, press X on the 2nd cont. Then convert cont 1 into cont 3 via ps button. Then Press X as 'player 3'. Then change back to cont 1. You must be Player 1 in order to play and go further.

2. Invite online friend(s) and wait for them to enter set up page. When everything is done on set up, press X on cont 1 as player 1.

3. Choose characters and set-up (i needed to go back and forth between switching 1 and 3 to select the characters and set-up).

4. Game should start.

I have done this several times, but lost all but one (when I got the trophy) as the cpu was relentless, even though my boosting partner did nothing. The only time I got the reconnect message was when I tried to be greedy and include a 4th player. Again, I don't know if my connected converted ps2 controller helps me from getting this message.

Hope it helps!

Edited by quotetheraven

Can't make a video but can explain step by step:

My set up: 1 ps3 controller, 1 ps2 controller with a converter wire (don't know if this is why the trophy popped for me).

1. Go to private match. On the set up screen, press X on the 2nd cont. Then convert cont 1 into cont 3 via ps button. Then Press X as 'player 3'. Then change back to cont 1. You must be Player 1 in order to play and go further

yeah, here lies the problem, i can hit X to get player 3 to show up, but CANT hit x again to ready him up with the check mark by his name.

first off all. can someone explain to me what a converter cable for the ps3 controler is ?

second : this game is anying to boost. i've got two ps3 systems my self , ech off them with 2 ( or more controlers ) so im playing with two different user accounts to kill the account on the second ps3. its good for the stats and leveling up goes verry fast. but it sucks for some of the tropys, because the single cpu team mate and the bots keep stealing my turrent kills.

read carefuly mate, there was told about converter for DUALSHOCK 2 (from PS2) to be able to connect it to PS 3.

and a second thing... maybe if you'd just try to play normally not boosting all the time you would be less irritated and maybe you will start to enjoy game lol

read carefuly mate, there was told about converter for DUALSHOCK 2 (from PS2) to be able to connect it to PS 3.

oh that explains a lot.

and a second thing... maybe if you'd just try to play normally not boosting all the time you would be less irritated and maybe you will start to enjoy game lol

i'm not boosting all the time. just did it for one or 2 tropys, and i realy enjoy this game only the computer gets over aggrasive. even when you play online

• 1 month later...