Screwed? Pamela missing and not coming back

Update: I was able to get the true end. Pamela never came back though. Had to reload an old save to get the festival trophy after getting the true end. So she isn't necessary at all.

So I killed Evil Face but didn't trigger the event where Pamela returns. The Fishing Festival ended without her and therefore Peter never came back. Pamela can't come back now because he is gone and he has to be in the return scene.

So...am I going to miss the true end now?

Edited by bg2001

I beat evil face around 5/8 then went back and synthesized until 6/1 at which point Peter comes in to talk about the festival. After that it seems impossible to trigger the event where Pamela comes back.

I am now on 8/5 of year 5 and she still isn't back. I think I will still try for the true end unless I hear that I can't get it now.

Is there any reason though that I couldn't get it? Is she needed for something or someone's ending where there would be a problem if she isn't around? I mean you can miss the festival trophy and still get the true end. Is there something special about Pamela?