Platinum Run - No Walkthrough

How likely is this to be possible? There's nothing I hate more than having to rely on walkthroughs for platinums and that counts double for RPGs, I get the feeling of someone else playing the game for me while I just mindlessly follow instructions if I do this.

I managed a platinum on Atelier Rorona while only having to look up a few things near the end to figure out a few endings but I found it quite the pain and challenging overall.

Would I be better off just playing through the game once and then going for the platinum afterwards you think?

How likely is this to be possible? There's nothing I hate more than having to rely on walkthroughs for platinums and that counts double for RPGs, I get the feeling of someone else playing the game for me while I just mindlessly follow instructions if I do this.

I managed a platinum on Atelier Rorona while only having to look up a few things near the end to figure out a few endings but I found it quite the pain and challenging overall.

Would I be better off just playing through the game once and then going for the platinum afterwards you think?

That would be my suggestion. I think it's better to use a 1st playthrough to get to know the game and then worry about trophies and the platinum after that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

As a rule of thumb, when it comes to RPGs (especially if they have a NG feature) I like to do a blind play through just checking important stuff then come back to it and get everything I missed. The only time I didn't is with ToGF because of the grade system. With Atelier Totori the only thing I used the guide for was the rich ending, I'd suggest doing the same.