Is it just me?

Or does this game's story seem much less enthralling than Rorona? In Rorona I felt like I was getting to know the townsfolk, and my companions, it made me care about them to an extent. In this game they're... well, just kind of there. I miss all the comedic gold from doing all of Hagel's friend requests, YOSHOI!

hm, I only finished the Story in Rorona without going for all endings and I am almost done with Totori.

So far I enjoy Totori a lot more, including the story. So maybe it is just you? :p ;)

The pearl is the story of a family losing their mother. If you care for something like that you should be satisfied. And if you want to collect all trophies you should be even happier because you will not just end the story of Totori this way but also trigger many important scenes of the other characters. Mimi's is also very tragic if you ask me.

The character development just isn't there in this game. Probably due mainly to the lack of needing to go talk to everyone every single day to get friend requests. I haven't talked to Gino or Mel in a year of game time. The only time I spoke to Rorona was the one time I invited her to my party to get 60 friendship. Friend requests are ignored in this game, there's no reason to go specifically talk to anyone except to activate one of their very few flags for endings.. Not saying it's a bad game, just.. feels a little hollow after playing Rorona last year.

Oh, and did I mention that Hagel and his glorious wig is almost entirely absent from the game?

Edited by magifyre

The character development just isn't there in this game.

No, it is not. If it would be true, I would not think of it as being so good. It is just that the main events of the characters depend on their Friendship Level. Increase the FLV of everyone to 60 and you trigger many scenes of and with the characters. And this is the character development. Actually it is in all three parts of the series. You don't get the character's story for free in Atelier Rorona-Atelier Meruru. And while the events in Rorona trigger way harder because the time limit is way more present Totori's characters are way better introduced.

Edited by Cetra

I just finished Totori (plat) and I am actually quite satisfied with all the endings. I don't feel like the development falls too short, but that might just be my personal oppinion. Of course the main emphasize is on Totoris story, but there's still enough around that, if you ask me. Anyway, great game <3