Ending Guide (JP)

Atelier Rorona Ending Guide

Ending Overview

There are two factors that influence the category of ending you'll obtain on any one playthrough - Popularity, and Kingdom Assessment.

Popularity starts at 0%, increases by doing Front Quests (Talk to Esty in the castle lobby).

Total Kingdom Assessment: Every Kingdom request is worth up to 10 'stars' (for a total of 120 stars if you perfectly complete each request). You can track your completion for each request by looking in Rorona's status screen. You need at least 3 stars to successfully complete a request.

The number of stars you obtain influences how many 'big' stars you get at the conclusion of each request. (3-5 stars = 1 big star, 6-7 stars = 2 big stars, 8+ stars = 3 big stars). This influences Sterk's dialog but it is the 'little' stars that count for ending purposes.

You never need more than 94 (or possibly 93) stars even for the 'best' endings so you have some leeway there.

Ending Categories:

Depending on your totals of the above two measures by the end of year 3, your playthrough will fall into one of the below categories:

True: Stars >= 94, Popularity >= 80

Good: Stars < 94, Popularity >= 80

Normal: Stars >= 94, Popularity < 80

Bad: Stars < 94, Popularity < 80

If you satisfy the requirements for more than one kind of ending, the precedence for determining which you get (from most to least) is as follows:

• Astrid's Ending
  • Adventurer's Ending
  • All other character Endings
  • Pie Ending
  • Rich Ending
  • (Generic) Scenario Endings

Every character ending requires you to fall into a particular category (i.e. Cuderia requires you to meet the requirements for a True Ending), and trigger their flag. There is a trophy associated with each character's flag (except Gio) so it's easy to tell when this happens.

If you trigger multiple character's flags, the character with the highest relationship is chosen. If that character's category requirement is not met (e.g. Cuderia and a Good Ending) you'll get the Scenario Ending instead. If you don't trigger any character flags, and don't quality for any of the 'special' endings, you'll get a Scenario Ending as well.

You can tell which character is chosen (if any) by who Rorona visits on the last night of the game.

Guide Notes:

• Dates in this guide are expressed in the format AyBmCd, meaning year A, month B, day C.
  • While the below guide is as spoiler-free as possible (while still being reasonably useful), I've enclosed each ending in spoiler tags to be safe.

Character Endings

Cuderia's Ending

[spoiler=cuderia_end]

• Requires True End scenario
  • You must complete a total of 5 'high-value' requests.
  • These are Front Quests you get from Esty. They will generally be for a couple rocks, and offer particularly high rewards. Example high-value requests:
    • Pebbles (石ころ) x 2 for 1000 cole
    • Viscous Iron(?) (粘鉄) x 2 for 1800 cole
    • Cloud Cotton (雲綿花) x 2 for 2500 cole
    • Glittering Sand (輝く砂) x 2 for 4999 cole
    • Crystalline Stone (陽晶石) x 2 for 3920 cole
    • Mon-blanc (モンブラン) x 2 for 10315 cole
    • Shadowgrass (影見草) x 2 for 7350 cole

[*] Note that each of these requests you complete will *decrease* your town popularity by 5% (you'll just have to do more front quests to make up for it)

[*]There will be a pair of events after you accept the first request, and another after you complete it.

[*]After you've completed at least 3 of these requests, go to Tifana's shop for an event with Cuderia and Tifana (requires Cuderia relationship at 60+?).

[*]Then go to the Atelier and *fail* a crafting (try something difficult like an Elixir). There will be an event and you'll get a key item. There'll be another event regarding this item with Cuderia the next day

[*]Complete more high-value requests until you've done 5 total. There will be an event with Esty in the lobby, and another when you leave the castle.

[*] Cuderia will leave your party/be inaccessible.

[*]Speak to Esty at the Castle for another event.

[*]10 days later, leave the Atelier to trigger another event.

[*](Optional) Visit Haggel's shop for an event

[*]10 days after that, there will be another event, Cuderia will be re-accessible, and you'll achieve the (B) "Reconciliation" trophy.

* See also the Adventurer's Ending (below) as it has similar requirements and you can reload a save here to achieve it without doing another full playthrough

Gio's Ending

[spoiler=gio_end]

• Requires True End Scenario
  • Starting 1y7m15d there will be an event with Gio at Tifana's shop
  • Two weeks after the above event Gio will visit the Atelier for an event. He'll now be available for Friend Quests, which you should start doing.
  • Around 2y10m14d Gio will visit the Atelier again for an event which will net you (B) "Slice Apart with a Single Blow" and a key item.
  • Gio will then be recruitable.
  • After Gio's relationship is high enough there will be an event with him at the (busy) Atelier.
  • If Gio's relationship is high enough (50+?) and Rorona defeats the first 3 opponents at the Battle Tournament, Mask The G will appear and challenge her. For ending purposes, you do not have to win.
  • Starting in 3y1m, if Gio's relationship is high enough (70?) there will be an event with Sterk at Tifana's shop about bandits. If the event doesn't happen, keep working on Gio's relationship and check again at the start of the next kingdom request.
  • Around 15 days after the above event, Gio will visit the Atelier for an event (and a question).
  • One week later he will visit again and you'll have to choose your answer. If you accept there will be a 2-day trip and an (easy) battle, and you'll get Gio's flag. If you refuse, Gio will be inaccessible for the rest of the playthrough, and you won't get his flag.

Astrid's Ending

[spoiler=astrid_end]

• Requires True End scenario
  • Requires all other character flags (Cuderia, Gio, Sterk, Yksel, Tantoris, Lionela) to be set in one playthrough. See each character's section for the requirements for each character.

Yksel's Ending

[spoiler=yksel_end]

• Requires Good Ending Scenario
  • Take Yskel with you to each of the nine areas below:
    • Neighborhood Forest
    • Ortoga Ruins
    • Arland National Mines (in the "Donan's Den" area (ドナーンの住処))
    • Traveler's Highway
    • Catacombs (in one of the center areas)
    • Shtel Highlands (requires event at Arland Mines to have taken place, event will occur in the second area you visit)
    • Neevel Lake
    • Black Forest (accessible after Yksel relationship hits 30)
    • Night Region (requires event at Catacombs to have taken place)

[*]In each of the nine areas there will be an event with Rorona and Yksel, and an new material will be harvestable in that dungeon. In most cases this scene will trigger on any area in the dungeon, however some require certain areas (as noted above).

[*]There will be events at the Sunrise Cafe after you have seen 3, 6, and 9 of these events (The last event won't show up until at least 3y4m1d, though).

[*]After the third of these events you'll obtain (B) "The extremely busy cafe", and Yksel's ending flag.

Sterk's Ending

[spoiler=sterk_end]

• Requires Good Ending Scenario
  • Raise relationship with him steadily through the game. Eventually there will be an event with him in the Palace corridor (about his job)
  • Talk to Esty in the Lobby for another event
  • Starting at 2y4m15d, meet Kooru in the Atelier. If he is selling Crystalline Stones (陽晶石) buy all 10 and you'll gain access to Shtel Highlands. (Maybe you can eventually gain access even without doing this?)
  • Raise Sterk's relationship further (70+) and starting 3y1m10d, he may come to the Atelier to warn Rorona about a dragon
  • With Sterk in your party, go to Shtel Highlands and defeat the dragon there (in the bottom-left area on the map). You'll gain the (B) "Wound of Honour" trophy, and Sterk's ending flag.
  • After this Sterk will be inaccessible for 80 (yes, eighty) days. Plan ahead as the 11th request requires you to go adventuring in a fairly high-level area, so if you were counting on Sterk being there you may want to hold off until you've met the request's requirements.

Edited by Satoshi42

Lionela's Ending

[spoiler=lionela_end]

• Requires Normal Ending Scenario
  • You'll first see Lionela during an event in the Square starting at 1y9m7d.
  • The day after there will be another event.
  • A week later there will be an event at the Atelier with Lionela.
  • At this point you can do Friend Quests for Lionela.
  • Next month there will be another event with Lionela in the square.
  • Yet another event in the square a week later. At this point Lionela will be recruitable into your party.
  • Raise Lionela's relationship and go adventuring with her. After around 2y3m, if her relationship is sufficiently high (40+), there will be an event with her when setting out to a dungeon.
  • At this point Lionela will come to the Atelier for two separate events. Cuderia will be present at the second one (which requires Lionela's relationship to be 60+ or so).
  • (Optional?) Continue raising Lionela's relationship. At one point harvesting a material while adventuring with Lionela will trigger an event.
  • After around 3y2m going to some areas of the Traveler's Highway will trigger an event (try one of the areas with bandits). This may require you to have explored all areas in the Highway.
  • After the event Rorona will be back at the Atelier.
  • Two days after the above event, there'll be another event with Lionela at the Atelier.
  • At least 30 days after that, but possibly not for a couple months there will be an event with Lionela at the Square (happened for me on 3y5m27d).
  • 7 days after that there will be an event at the Atelier. You'll be given a recipe and asked to make the item noted in it. Lionela won't be recruitable until you craft this item.
  • As soon as you make the item there will be an event, you'll obtain (B) "Puppets and Girl" and you'll trigger Lionela's flag, and she'll be recruitable once more.

Tantoris' Ending

[spoiler=tantoris_end]

• Requires Normal Ending Scenario
  • You'll run into Tantoris in an event while going adventuring, starting around 2y1m). After a couple events he will be recruitable.
  • Starting at 2y4m there will be a scene between Tantoris and Meriodus (about 'medicine') as long as you got 3 'big' stars in the previous request (i.e. 8-10 stars) when you leave to go adventuring with him in your party. Make sure this happens during the second year or you won't have time to complete all the required events
  • Shortly thereafter Tantoris will visit the Atelier for an event about the 'medicine'.
  • (Optional) Starting at 2y7m, go adventuring with Tantoris in Rorona's party to see an event with Rorona's parents
  • Starting at 3y1m, there'll be an event with Yksel, Rorona, Meriodus, and Tantoris (automatic when leaving Atelier). This seems to always happen immediately after a new king's request starts.
  • Tantoris will be unavailable for a few days, then he will visit the Atelier for an event.
  • At 3y4m there will be another event between Tantoris and Meriodus.
  • After this, go talk to Tantoris and he will give you a recipe and ask you to craft the item described in it.
  • Upon crafting that item there will be an event, you'll obtain (B) "Duet" and you'll trigger Tantoris' flag.

Special Endings

Pie Ending

[spoiler=pie_end]

To obtain this ending you must bake lots of delicious pies. :) Pie recipes come in batches, you must craft each pie in the batch once at quality 80 or higher, to trigger the next batch.

• 1st batch: Plain pie (recipe obtained around 1y1m26d during an event in the Atelier)
  • 2nd batch: Meat pie, Berry Pie, Milk Pie, Honey Pie
  • 3rd batch: Cabbage Pie
  • 4th batch: Black Tea Pie, Mushroom Pie, Seafood Pie, Ice Pie
  • 5th batch: Living Pie, Elixir Pie, Pie-meteor, Donkelpait
  • 6th batch: Philosopher's Pie, Dark Pie, Dragon Pie, Gold Pie

You must also achieve a generic Scenario Ending (True, Good, Normal). Either don't trigger any character endings, or ensure your Scenario is different from that character's requirement (i.e. Yksel ending triggered but you meet the True or Normal ending requirements)

To help ensure high-quality pies buy 80-quality water from Tifana and 70-quality flour from Yksel at the cafe. (Later in the game you might find materials with even higher quality but this is a good way to get started)

The first three batches are easy. Two pies in the 4th require special Yksel ingredients you gain access to by taking him to Neevel Lake and Catacombs.

Once you reach the fifth you'll start running into some rare ingredients:

• Donkelhait (ドンケルハイト): You'll need at least 3 of these (or 2 plus defeat the Iron Giant for his Gold). You can find some randomly in Ortoga Rakusen (which you'll need to go through for a recipe, see below). They appear in the Black Forest but only from 11m8d to 11m23d in the second and third year (try to get there in the second year if possible as you may be rushed to complete all the pies otherwise). You can also obtain one from visiting Rorona's parents during the 11th request (check back every week or so if you don't get it right away)
  • Gold: Either made from a Philosopher's Stone or dropped by the Iron Giant.
  • Emerald Recipe Book: Obtained on the 14th floor of Ortoga Rakusen. Start dungeon-delving there as soon as it becomes available (3y3m1d is the earliest, and requires Rorona adventure level 25) so you'll have enough time to make all your pies.

There will be an event after completing each batch of pies. Starting with the 5th batch, the first time you create each pie there will be an event at the Atelier. This will occur even if the pie's quality is under 80. If you don't get a high-enough quality pie then either get better ingredients or just keep trying (advanced pies will increase your experience quite a bit, and Rorona will craft higher quality items as she levels up)

Once you've baked all pies in the 6th batch with 80+ quality there will be an additional scene with Rorona and Astrid in the Atelier. Assuming you hit a generic Scenario Ending (True, Good or Normal) you'll get your Pie Ending. Enjoy :)

Adventurer's Ending

[spoiler=adventurer_end]

• Requires you to trigger Cuderia's Ending (including being in a True End scenario).
  • Requires Rorona and Cuderia to have Adventure level 50. Keep Cuderia in your party at all times and she'll hit level 50 the same time Rorona does.
  • Defeat the Demon (located in Night Region, see (B) "Demon Hunter")
  • Defeat the Iron Giant (located in basement of Ortoga Rakusen, see (B) "Destroyer")
  • You do not need to defeat all the 'strong' enemies, although since you'll hit level 50 you might as well go out and defeat most of them to help you obtain (S) "Monster Encyclopedia Complete".

Millionaire Ending

[spoiler=millionaire_end]

• Requires Good, Normal, or True Ending Scenario
  • You must not trigger any character's ending flags
  • You must end the game with at least 1,000,000 cole.

Money carries over each playthrough, by your 3rd or 4th playthrough (if you farm money for the last few months of each), you should easily have over 1 million.

To farm money, get Hom to level 45+ (hopefully by the middle of year 3) and send him/her to Ortuga Rakusen.

He/she'll come back with Dragon Horns and Scales. Place them in your bag, and craft sufficiently high-quality ones into Harmorium (ハルモリウム) and Verpetis (ヴェルペティス).

Visit Esty who will almost always give you Front Quests for these items as long as you have some in your possession (if instead the first quest is for another item in your possession, like an Elixir, remove it from your bag so it won't be considered the next time). Complete the request on the spot and come back the next day for another. These requests can run you 10,000+ cole each, which can net you 200,000-400,000+ cole per playthrough if you do this in your spare time over the last few months of a playthrough.

Any of these items you have left on the last day can be sold at a store for considerable cash, as well.

Edited by Satoshi42

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm a bit confused. I just finished the game and got Cordelia's ending, but I didn't get the trophies for either the good ending or the true ending. My popularity with the town was 100%, and I got 10 stars on every assignment except for one.

i think u just need a generic true ending for the true ending trophy.

# Raise Lionela's relationship and go adventuring with her. After around 2y3m, if her relationship is sufficiently high (40+), there will be an event with her when setting out to a dungeon.

# After around 3y2m going to some areas of the Traveler's Highway will trigger an event (try one of the areas with bandits). This may require you to have explored all areas in the Highway.

Do these two HAVE to happen at these specific times? I am on Lionela's story, and I am on year 3, and realized that I might not have got the first (But might have, since I always have her with me) and I never been to travelers at Year 3 in february. I have a save at Year 3 1/1 just incase though.

# Raise Lionela's relationship and go adventuring with her. After around 2y3m, if her relationship is sufficiently high (40+), there will be an event with her when setting out to a dungeon.

# After around 3y2m going to some areas of the Traveler's Highway will trigger an event (try one of the areas with bandits). This may require you to have explored all areas in the Highway.

Do these two HAVE to happen at these specific times? I am on Lionela's story, and I am on year 3, and realized that I might not have got the first (But might have, since I always have her with me) and I never been to travelers at Year 3 in february. I have a save at Year 3 1/1 just incase though.

i think u can still do it even if 2 months has pass u just need to trigger the first event first then u can go travelers and get that event, cuz on my astrid ending i went to traveler with iksel and lionela of year 3 where u have to submit sundrys both of their event happened.

Edited by KiteTriEdge

Running into an ending issue atm while trying to get Astrid's ending...

I'm at 3y1m7d and I am not getting the scene with Gio at the Sundries store, even though he is at 85pt friendship.

Starting in 3y1m, if Gio's relationship is high enough (70?) there will be an event with Sterk at Tifana's shop about bandits. If the event doesn't happen, keep working on Gio's relationship and check again at the start of the next kingdom request.

Does this mean that if you dont get him exactly on 3y1m1d then you have to try at the 1st day of the next request? I tried on 3y1m1d and Gio was at 78pt and event never triggered. This event just will not trigger.

Edit: Nevermind - figured it out. Before you get this event @ the shop with Sterk about bandits, you have to have an event with Gio at Atelier where he helps you with Alchemy. After this, you can then go to Tiffini's and get the event with Sterk.

Edited by vexacion

• 4 weeks later...

I'm at 3y1m7d and I am not getting the scene with Gio at the Sundries store, even though he is at 85pt friendship.

Does this mean that if you dont get him exactly on 3y1m1d then you have to try at the 1st day of the next request? I tried on 3y1m1d and Gio was at 78pt and event never triggered. This event just will not trigger.

Edit: Nevermind - figured it out. Before you get this event @ the shop with Sterk about bandits, you have to have an event with Gio at Atelier where he helps you with Alchemy. After this, you can then go to Tiffini's and get the event with Sterk.

I had this same issue, I was able to do this event once the new mission started for the castle,

• 4 weeks later...

I've got exact the same issue ... but in two playthroughs I did not get the event with Gio helping at the workshop... and also some months before the Martial Arts Tournament his friendship was at ~70. Any Ideas what I did wrong?

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for Guide Satoshi42. Completed game firs time(start with Astrid ending). Have few notes for Guide.

1. About Gio

Around 15 days after the above event, Gio will visit the Atelier for an event (and a question).

This event doesn't happen if Sterk is injured after fight whit dragon. But happen after he healed.

2. When I played for Astrid ending, I raised relationship with every one to 100. Triggered all flags except Lionela(so I can get multiple endings). I saved at beginning of last Kingdom request.

The I get Lionela flag, and get Astrid ending. Then I reloaded save before it.

Second time I didn't trigger Lionela flag - and get Cordelia Ending. And Loaded Again.

Third time I also didn't trigger Lionela flag, and lowered relationship with Cordelia - and I get Generic True End Scenario instead of Gio

After search on other forums I found source of problem.

Apparently if relationship with all characters is equal(or maximum) there is endings priority exist and it Cordelia > Sterk > Iksel > Lionea > Tantoris > Gio.

So in my cause to get Gio ending with all characters relationship at 100. I have to lower relationship with Cordelia, Sterk, Iksel,and Tantoris, or I get Generic True End Scenario instead of Gio.

• 1 month later...

A thing about money making: there is 2 wery good opportunities for it: 1) Ruby pie. It could be registered to Iksel, cost around 7000. Este will put it on top of her list if you don't have other pies (gold pie and dragon pie is not so effective) . And it's 21000-22000 reward! So it worth 15000 each day. You could easily made 1m. 2) Hagel ask for level 10 item with 50% chance. It's 35000 reward for 7500 cost. So cancel all other request from him and ade this item. Hallemonium requested, thow.

• 1 year later...
A thing about money making: there is 2 wery good opportunities for it: 1) Ruby pie. It could be registered to Iksel, cost around 7000. Este will put it on top of her list if you don't have other pies (gold pie and dragon pie is not so effective) . And it's 21000-22000 reward! So it worth 15000 each day. You could easily made 1m. 2) Hagel ask for level 10 item with 50% chance. It's 35000 reward for 7500 cost. So cancel all other request from him and ade this item. Hallemonium requested, thow.

Ruby Pie does not give as many Cole as the Gold Pie. The Gold Pie really gives you 23000-25000 Cole, so about 13000-15000 Cole and the Ruby Pie does not.

• 11 months later...