Atelier Rorona FAQ

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg96/scaled.php?server=96&filename=cetra.jpg&res=landing

Table of Contents:

I. Triggering Different Character Endings

II. Raising your ranking (Assignment, Trust Level & FLV)

III. Bounty Monster Triggering

IV. Easier Way to trigger them

V. Training Spot

VI. Hom Level

VII. Alchemy Level 50

VIII. Dunkelheits

IX. Fighting the Demon

X. Finding the Lost City

XI. The To the Lake trophy

XII. Rich Ending

XIII. Sea Puddles

XIV. Recipes

XV. Ending Conditions

XVI. Game Freezing

Can I trigger different character endings on the same save data?

You can. However, you need to know which endings have priority over the other endings. Otherwise you will probably get a mixed ending such as the Good Ending version of Lionela, which is no trophy ending for example. Always be sure to get the right amount of Assignment stars, the required Trust level and not to have a character's FLV raised to 100 as long as his final ending conditions would trigger his ending instead the one you wish to be triggered. The best thing is to take notes or not to trigger too many final ending conditions at once. Maybe you really want to trigger just those who need the same ending (True, Good & Normal).

I want to get the proper amount of Assignment stars and raise the Trust and Friendship Level, how can I do that the best way?

Your Assignment rating can be controlled very well. The only Assignment which requires a bit more time is Assignment 10 because it takes like 2 weeks and once you have collected all required items from one area you should just have something like 4 stars. But you can simply re-enter it and get the rest. It is really not that hard.

For Assignment 12 you should be able to control your rating as well. Tiffani's Zettel can decrease your rating down to 1 and items like well-made Healing Salves normally will give you a rating of 3. Items like Tera Bombs or Elixirs will normally give you a rating of 7-9 and the very good last pies like Pielixir, Dragon Pie, Rubypie and Goldpie should give you a rating of 8-10.

The Trust level is also very easy to raise. Normally 2 completed quests will raise your Trust level by 1. But the better the item was the higher your Level raises in no time. Generally you should always have Tera Bombs. And normally they are the most precious things in your inventory. This means Tiffani will ask for them. Register them with Hagel and report them in all the time so you can raise your Trust Level easily. The items Cordelia wants will also be no problem then because the levels she decreases can be increased quickly. And actually even without Tera Bombs. You just need to do some quests from time to time and when you do that (almost) everyday, then it really is no problem. Trust Level 100 should only be reached for the Trophy. It needs much time to decrease back to 80. To reach Level 100 you just need to report in Gold Pies during the Rich Ending run. You will raise the Trust Level very fast then.

For the FLV you should focus on completing your Assignments in a few days and then only synthesize the items your friends want or gather them. First the characters want some items which are very easy to make or find like Cordelia and Tiffani's Eicheloas, Hagel's Polish Powder or Iksel's Alchemy Coal. But later the items require a bit more time. Normally you can do all quests they ask you for but often they need some time because it is harder to make them or you don't have the recipe for them yet. And don't be confused when you get requests for items you don't know. There are no items you cannot give them during the time they ask you – except Cole and Gio's requests for Gio's weapons. But normally you may wonder because they ask you for items which are weapons of Clothes actually and they can be made easily with the right Ingot or Cloth items.

Normally a friend asks you for items 4 days after you have given him the last item. But in case you were not able to give him the item or you just did not accept his request he needs more time to ask you for the next one. And even though you normally lose some Friendship Points if you cancel a Friend Quest there is no problem doind that. Often it is better to do that in case you got more easy Friend Quests on that day. And you probably don't want to lose them. Of course you can also try to control that by completing the quests on different days but I did not do and it is also not necessary.

Your characters FLV can also be raised by traveling with you, of course. If you do everything right, every character's FLV should be 100 aound the end of Year 2. It is also fine to manage it early in Year 3, however. I did that, too.

I don't get the Bounty Monster I seek! What shall I do?

Bounty Specials can only be requested once you have the data of all normal monsters of that species in your encyclopedia – the Specials which spawn once you are Adventurer Level 30 do not count. So be sure to get them first or you will never get the Quests except the Puni King which is an automatic Quest because of Esty's explanation.

Okay, I beat them all. But I can't still get them!

I cannot help you to get the Quests. But I can help you to increase the chance. Accept 4-5 other monster Quests before, save and then ask Esty the day after. In case you have 5 monsters you need to cancel one of them then or you cannot take a look at her new Quests. Once you do that the chance of getting the Quest is a bit higher because Esty cannot ask you to hunt a monster of a similiar Quest – that means, she will never ask you for hunting Green Punis in case you still have a „Hunt Green Punis“ Quest, of course. So do what I have recommended, save and then try it.

I want to trigger the Adventurer Ending but it is so hard to level to Adventurer Level 50!

Use Orthogalaxen's Floor 1. There are 8 enemies and you will always get something like 2800-3000 EXP. once the Floor is cleaned. You will be able to do it during the last 3 months in case you don't wait too long. But generally, everything is fine. The enemies are hard first but take Gio with you and once you have leveled him and even gave him a good sword a good armor and maybe even a good accessory he can clean the whole Floor solo – Convert Damage is recommended here – and that also means you don't need to go back home all the time. Of course it only costs you one day to return back home but this way you don't really need that.

How can I get Hom's Level to 50?

Send Hom to the Nearby Forest all the time – I would do that on a save where you do almost nothing else. Call it back after 10 days, discard all the items and then immediately send it to the Forest again. Once I was waiting about 30 days all the time until it has returned automatically. But it just reached Level 49 then – and you will definitely wasted time this way because Hom does not need about 30 days to get a full basket. Every item is an EXP. so you really don't need to wait too long because Hom needs like 50-80 items to level up on the last levels and when you send it to the Forest more often it collects more materials in a short period of time after a while.

And Alchemy Level 50?

For Alchemy Level 50 you should make Elixirs and register them with Tiffani. Then buy them and begin to make Pielixirs all the time. Start early – maybe also on a Save Data where you don't need to do anything else while leveling your Alchemy Level and everything will be fine.

I want to get Dunkelheits but they are so hard to find, what do you recommend?

The only real problem to get Dunkelheits the first time you can is because Gio wants you to follow him because of the Raptorstein and that takes some days. Maybe you even travel to the Ster Highlands before because of the Escalario recipe and then you may miss your chance of gathering the flowers in November. You, however need only two Dunkelheits. One for the Dunkelpiet and one for the Ruby Prism. I would not collect another Dunkelheit for a new Ruby Prism to make Gold because the Iron Giant will give you some anyway. But of course you can collect more Dunkelheits the last November of the storyline. Then everything is fine. This is one of the best options or the Treasure Chests of Orthogalaxen. You will always get a Dunkelheit on Floor 10 when you open the last Treasure Chest for the first time. I did that twice and I got one both times. I also got one in the Treasure Chest right before and I got one in the Treasure Chest right before the first Dragon. The chance to get one on Floor 10 for the first time you open the Treasure Chest is 100%. I am sure that this is right.(EDIT: Apparently it is not. I am sorry.:/ Still the chance seems to be good, but if you have problems finding it, use the forest, even late in the game it is enough to gather them there - perhaps you even clear the forest paths some months before so you can save time; wasting time during the last months of the game is not something you should do) And don't fight Grow-Pflanzen for Dunkelheits. They are crap.

I want to fight the Demon but he does not appear! How can I find him?

The Demon only appears the last months of the storyline in the final area „Night Ruler“ of Night's Domain. He will automatically attack you then once you approach the Treasure Chest with the „Scale Cloth-Cloth“ item.

I use Tera Bombs like recommended (thanks to BreadSkin) but I still can't beat enemies like Fran Pfeil or the Iron Giant, help me!

Tera Bombs are no universal weapons. You can use them against all dragons but against Fran I recommend you to use Ice Bombs which are made as powerful as your Tera Bombs. For Iron Man you should use Tera Bombs, however. Just be sure that your Level is high enough, to have a good equipment and that Rorona will not be KOed.

Edited by Cetra

How do I get to the Lost City?

You need to use an Air Drop first in the Lizard Area of Nabel Lake. Once you are finished diving you can "talk to the water" again and use an Ice Bomb to freeze the water. An area later you can also freeze the water but to find the Lost City you need to dive instead. Don't forget to bring at least one other Bomb with you because there is a rock in the water right before the Temple "Lost City". To get through Nabel Lake to the end of the Lost City you need 6 Air Drops.

I guess I have missed the chance to get the „To the Lake“ Trophy. What was the problem, you think?

You have most likely found Pamela too late. She needs 1-1 ½ months until Astrid helps her to open a shop. It is not necessary that Cole helps her to get the trophy. In case that is not the problem, keep an eye on Cory and Liona's FLV or maybe you needed too many days for synthesizing so you have missed the days when it can happen but normally that is not the case.

I don't understand how I can get the 1000000 Cole easily, can you please explain it?

Thanks to Krystal109,

newly explained by me:

To get 1000000 Cole easily, make a Golden Pie and register it with Iksel. Cancel or finish the quests from Esty - at least the first one in her list and once you have a Gold Pie, sleep. On the next day, earliest day possible is July 1st in Year 3, Esty asks for a Gold Pie when it is in your inventory. That is because Esty asks for the most precious item in your inventory. And you will always get ~+8000-10000 Cole every day since a Gold Pie costs ~15000 Cole and you get ~23000-25000 Cole for every Gold Pie.

That also means you normally need over 100 days to get 1000000 Cole because Esty never asks for more than one Gold Pie everyday.

Also don't worry when Esty wants another item instead. She asked me on November 20th or something and still wanted such items the days after. But I slept until December 1st and she asked for Gold Pies again.

Use that method and you will get 1000000 Cole easily.

I need Sea Puddles. Where to find them?

Just dive to the Lost City. Problem solved.

Where can I find all recipes' treasure chests?

Catacombs - The first area next to the Big Hall

Orthogalaxen - The first treasure chest on Floor 2 and the final treasure chest of Floor 14

Ster Highlands - Snow Stone Area, the final area; you need to use a Bomb to get access to the treasure chest

Nabel Lake - The first area

Lost City - Remaining Treasure, the final area after Helstrom

Night's Domain - Behind the Black Dragon

How can I be sure that I have triggered everything I need for its respective ending?

You will not notice for all endings. Normally you will trigger an event you get a trophy for. But for the Pie Master ending for example, Rorona tells Astrid about her note book she used when mastering her pies. And don't forget that you trigger Hagel's wig event once you have reached Trust Level 80.

My game freezes all the time! How can I prevent myself from crying?

You really can't. But you are not alone. Just be sure to save often enough.

However - I cry, too.

Edited by Cetra

I don't get the Bounty Monster I seek! What shall I do?

Bounty Specials can only be requested once you have the data of all normal monsters of that species in your encyclopdeia – the Specials which spawn once you are Adventurer Level 30 do not count. So be sure to get them first or you will never get the Quests except the Puni King which is a automatic Quest because of Esty's explanation.

Thank you for this! I hadn't seen this info anywhere else. I still need a few more of the monster quests. I'm pretty sure I got the request for the Black Demon pretty early on, though... (I failed it the first time.)

Edited by Sunlit Garden

I'm pretty sure I got the request for the Black Demon pretty early on, though... (I failed it the first time.)

But I can assure you that this is true. I have wasted like 3 hours for Ninetails 2 days ago. Then I defeated the Daikoku Fish I had not in my Encyclopedia, waited some days and bing, hello Ninetails. Same for Griffonian. I never got Griffonian on a save where I did not defeat all of the other species monsters before. First I thought Esty does not ask me because my level is not high enough. But then I have used another save data, one where I have defeated the Griffons and I did get the Griffonian while I did not defeat all Whales and was not able to get Ninetails. And as mentioned, I defeated the Daikoku Fish then and é voila! Everything was fine then.

Edited by Cetra

Ninetailer is my last one now too. I have killed the Isle Fish, Daikoku Fish and Tiger Fish so I guess I'm just unlucky. *reloads more*

Edit: Ahahaha I got it like 2 minutes after making this post. XD

I told you. It is the monster list itself which is important for getting those. Maybe I have wasted ~3 hours. But at least I can help with that experience now.

• 5 months later...
You will always get a Dunkelheit on Floor 10 when you open the last Treasure Chest for the first time. I did that twice and I got one both times. I also got one in the Treasure Chest right before and I got one in the Treasure Chest right before the first Dragon. The chance to get one on Floor 10 for the first time you open the Treasure Chest is 100%. I am sure that this is right.

This needs to be explained more, because it is certainly not fool proof. I ran through floor 10 fifteen+ times, and 100% of the time, I never got dunkelheit.

1) What's the order you're opening chests in? (there 3. Two are guarded by the door boss. I got mine in counter-clockwise order.)

2) Do you need to defeat all the monsters? (I'm not. I just want my dunkelheit.)

3) Does if matter if a random item shows up (the ? mark ones)?

4) What Months/days did this happen in? (I'm in month 7, working on assignment 11)

5) Did you need to have dunkelheit logged in the encyclopedia prior to finding it in a chest here? (cause I don't. I went to orthoglaxen before visiting Rorona's parents to get the one they give you during the 11th assignment.)

Are you sure there's actually a way to get Dunkelheit from floor 10? Maybe it was a different floor number. Bottom line: you don't always get a Dunkelheit on Floor 10 when you open the last Treasure Chest for the first time unless you maybe follow some sort of hidden guidelines. :/

This needs to be explained more, because it is certainly not fool proof. I ran through floor 10 fifteen+ times, and 100% of the time, I never got dunkelheit.

1) What's the order you're opening chests in? (there 3. Two are guarded by the door boss. I got mine in counter-clockwise order.)

2) Do you need to defeat all the monsters? (I'm not. I just want my dunkelheit.)

3) Does if matter if a random item shows up (the ? mark ones)?

4) What Months/days did this happen in? (I'm in month 7, working on assignment 11)

5) Did you need to have dunkelheit logged in the encyclopedia prior to finding it in a chest here? (cause I don't. I went to orthoglaxen before visiting Rorona's parents to get the one they give you during the 11th assignment.)

Are you sure there's actually a way to get Dunkelheit from floor 10? Maybe it was a different floor number. Bottom line: you don't always get a Dunkelheit on Floor 10 when you open the last Treasure Chest for the first time unless you maybe follow some sort of hidden guidelines. :/

Sorry, then it is just wrong. I was just sure because I got it everytime I opened the chest for the first time. I will edit it. And no, I did not beat all enemies. And I guess I even got it in the chest without having seen it once before on the same save data - but I don't know about it because there are things like the event with Rorona's parents like you have said, however I am pretty sure, yes, since Chapter 11 is very late and I visited the dungeon before. I also dinot care about "?"-items but i am sure that sometimes there were some on this Floor when I got the Dunkelheit and sometimes not. However, it seems that item x can be gotten on Floor x easier. So Dunkelheits should still be gotten easily there. If you really have those problems then I recommend you to gather the item in the forest. I was just sure because the flower was in the same chest, and with "last treasure chest" I mean the location itself. There is a path on the left side of the door next to Floor 11. And the chest which awaits you there is the one I mean. But if it does not work, then it is not 100% everytime you open it during your first visit, sorry. And it seems you have also checked that treasure chest. I felt like the chance was high on Floor 10, like I said I even thought it would be 100% every first time in the same treasure chest and I also felt like it is very likely to get one on the Floor where that first Dragon awaits you.

I would not wonder about a system being behind it. I normally check something like that many tries. But I did not do it yet. There are many things which could be possible variables. Really sorry that it was no help for you. But know this - even gathering Dunkelheits in the forest during the last year is enough.

I'm really sorry to disappoint you.:/ I tried to find several good ways to gather the flower and felt like this was a good one. I edited it. Still don't give up. I found many Dunkelheits in Orthogalaxen. The day/month thing you have said could be one possibility or maybe "x-100% chance when it is the xst/nd/rd item you have gathered there". I will try out several things.

Edited by Cetra