Finding this game is a nightmare xD....

I live in the UK and finding this game for a "normal" price is a freaking nightmare.

Prices range from 60-100pounds, and US retailers don't send it to the UK where it is of course cheaper -_-......

Just a rant

I know how you feel. I hunted for this for a good few months, before a friend told me that a JB Hi-Fi store near him had it. He bought it for me and shipped it interstate just so I could get it cheap at $29 :p Same goes for Hyperdimension Neptunia - I almost caved and was willing to pay $60 for it, but luckily found it in a 2 for $40 sale ;) So happens that it was the same retailer I got Rorona from!

sorry but you lucky bastard lol. The game is now more expensive than a brand new AAA game o.O;.

That's what happens to almost every niche game which includes in America. Niche games usually only get 1-2 shipments maximum and then sooner or later become really rare to find which some companies and fans take advantage of. AAA selling titles get a good amount of shipments of copies in with a ton of copies in each shipment to where it becomes stores tend to get overstocked with copies.

I also would think it would help Europe if there was actually a NIS Europe branch.

But at any rate, i've said it many times before, and i'll say it again. When it comes to niche titles, it's better to buy them when they 1st come out.

Finally got a copy (well on its way) for 38$ (21pounds) very good price. And yeah gonna buy the new Atelier right after it comes out xD. Lesson learned lol.

Good to hear you found a copy! I'm still searching high and low for a reasonably priced copy of Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel and Trinity Universe, but the only copies I find online are Japanese versions that are like $60-100 :(

I also had luck with this one!

Had it on my list for some time now, cause i really liked Totori, but when i saw the prices i was like whatta heck?! Then accidently i saw some guy sell it really cheap here in Croatia (where RPG's are NOT appreciated) and grabbed it without 2nd thought! :D Can't wait to start playing it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
American Gamestops have both editions of the game (small case and a big case that comes with an art book) new for $21.49 right now. Totori is the same price.

Gamestop should only have new copies that come with the artbook. Any that are not are pre-owned for $20. The artbook edition was a Gamestop USA exclusive but did not get a regular edition of the game.

They don't ship overseas, do they? :(

It wouldn't matter anyways if they did since they're sold out online.

When I went to gamestop they had Rorona and Totori put away in some drawer. If you ask when you go in you might get lucky (I'm assuming any store might be doing this).

Probably pre-owned copies that people have traded in and that particular Gamestop having at least more than 1 used copy of the game.

Edited by Shuffle

I actually bought both Rorona and Totori new. All Im saying is the next time your looking for the game you might want to just ask. The manager told me the cases were to big to put out.

Well usually in those cases they would put it in the back room or display it behind the counter. But it is always good to ask. Even checking on their website to see which is the closest store to have a copy is always good too. Though sometimes they might miss a game when they're doing the inventory checking and so it might be counted as not having the game even though they do.

Got both of these games recently from GameStop.

Totori was the normal edition with just the normal case and little book, It was an opened "new" display copy and just had the price tag in the upper right corner. Disc, Everything was in great condition.

Rorona was the Limited Edition with the hard cover artbook, the larger box and the case. This too was an opened "new", Price tag in the corner of the larger box but not the case. No actual damage to anything. {I think GameStops LE was different then the NIS only one? I'm not sure though. }

Each were 23 dollars.

Totori was the normal edition with just the normal case and little book, It was an opened "new" display copy and just had the price tag in the upper right corner. Disc, Everything was in great condition.

Rorona was the Limited Edition with the hard cover artbook, the larger box and the case. This too was an opened "new", Price tag in the corner of the larger box but not the case. No actual damage to anything. {I think GameStops LE was different then the NIS only one? I'm not sure though. }

Each were 23 dollars.

Each were 23 dollars.

On Atelier Rorona, NISA offered the soundtrack and artbook, but didn't have that cool "huge" packaging the Gamestop version had with the better looking cover with Rorona on it. Which was the only version Gamestop ever got.

Atelier Totori has a normal edition and a limited edition at Gamestop. Limited edition also came with an artbook and a soundtrack but with the artbook not being all gigantic like Rorona's. NISA gave out a fancy double-sided poster.

Atelier Meruru limited edition is a NISA exclusive which comes with a t-shirt, soundtrack and an artbook.

Edited by Shuffle

• 3 weeks later...
Good to hear you found a copy! I'm still searching high and low for a reasonably priced copy of Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel and Trinity Universe, but the only copies I find online are Japanese versions that are like $60-100 :(

Just got this game brand new with the art book for 21 bucks same for the second one with totori