Is this game good?

I don't mean graphics I have seen a few screenshots and it looks great, I mean how is the story and the rest of the game, I've already checked gamespot review where it rated 6 out of 10, but gamespot is weird when it comes to reviewing games so I'd like to ask you guys or girls for an opinion about it. Before you ask I did not played other games from this series

While I do like its sequel Atelier Totori better, but Atelier Rorona is still a pretty fun game and recommended.

As far as the story goes, it's more light-hearted than most JRPGs. Like don't expect to save the world from being destroyed or something like that. The story isn't the main focus of the game, but does affect many parts of the gameplay. You have about 3 years to make your Atelier workshop to be successful by taking on requests from townspeople, and more importantly your main tasks.

In order to do these tasks, you gather ingredients, defeat monsters, and synthesize ingredients you collected in your travels to match what the client wants, and get rewarded if you bring it in before the deadline date. Though with many requests, you may already have the items needed which is even better. So while 3 years might seem like a long time, but those days go by quite quickly since each thing you do except for walking around town eats up each day.

The problem is the time.

I never really found the deadlines that strict in this game. All of them were pretty easy to do and I always had plenty of time afterwards to go explore, gather items, level etc.

Anyway, asking that question in a section that is specific to that game may make the replies you get rather biased. Though I imagine you are expecting that. Personally, I enjoyed the game a lot. I liked the lack of having to save the world from some psycho, that can get annoying. Why do so many people want to destroy the world anyway? Though, I can actually think of several reasons for which I would want to destroy it... I liked most, if not all, of the characters. Which is rare for me in a game that has more than 3 characters. I'm very critical of people, real or not. The battles, not sure if I'm just crap, seemed rather difficult at first. Granted as I leveled this stopped being an issue. But at the start of the game when you have no healing skills it was much harder than I was expecting. Was a little odd that you had no MP/SP in the game. Skills used up HP instead, even the healing ones.

After looking through your game list you don't appear to have many JRPG's, especially like this one so I'm not 100% sure if you would like this game. It's definately better than FF XIII though...

• 6 months later...
I don't mean graphics I have seen a few screenshots and it looks great, I mean how is the story and the rest of the game, I've already checked gamespot review where it rated 6 out of 10, but gamespot is weird when it comes to reviewing games so I'd like to ask you guys or girls for an opinion about it. Before you ask I did not played other games from this series

I love the game I played atelier totori first and I just got atelier ronona today totori is better but screw the review both great games but hard to come buy I would highly recommend I would give these games 7.8 to a 8 there fun love the characters and the cell shaded graphics