XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 04-30-2011, 11:35 PM   #11
BreadSkin
Super Moderator

Awards Showcase Bread's ''Y U No Play These Gamez?!''   Lab's ''Did Someone Say Chimichanga?'' List   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Almost Golden   Staff - Super Moderator   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Guide Supplement Bronze
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)

One more, if I ever need it.

I should have the guide finished by next week.
BreadSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:35 AM   #12
Happenstance
Banned

It looks fantastic from what I read of it. I replied to your post about wanting to make another guide for this game (back on Satoshi's guide), so you may have read my previous rant there.

It looks incredibly clean and informative, which is VERY necessary for this game. To any future readers I would HIGHLY suggest a supplementary walkthrough (like Krystal's) but also BE AWARE that there's a lot of speculative information about how to get things done. The game is almost 100% time management, and you may find yourself wasting a good chunk of your time running around doing unnecessary things, which may give you problems getting events triggered.

I found this platinum to be a huge headache, full of trial and error. Hopefully Bread's direction will give you a more enjoyable experience.

There are a few things that I noticed that are slightly inaccurate or it might help to clarify them a bit further (or just simply to share my experience with it). Would you like me to list them in a private message to you or should I just post them here? The post would be decently long though, I don't want to spam it up if you'd rather just fix it without the lengthy public display.

Oh, I was throwing together a Monster List if you wish to use it. Your guide seems good enough to scrap mine that I was writing, so I have zero use for it. I wrote down info about the stronger/special bounty monsters, including the name of the sub-area you find them in, as well as directions to get there.

I also have an Item List meant for reference. I didn't feel like putting too much information in it since you can find it all in game, but it can certainly be used as a checklist. So just let me know, on a post here or a message would do just fine as well.
Happenstance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:35 AM   #13
BreadSkin
Super Moderator

Awards Showcase Bread's ''Y U No Play These Gamez?!''   Lab's ''Did Someone Say Chimichanga?'' List   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Almost Golden   Staff - Super Moderator   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Guide Supplement Bronze

I lied about being able to finish this guide by last week; this game requires so much detail, that its been quite hard to put into words!

Feel free to point out any mistakes in the guide by posting them here. I'm still working on the guide, so I'm still correcting them as I go. I actually have printable checklists for the two encyclopedia trophies; I'll see if I can format them properly and upload them tomorrow.

Glad to see someone's paying attention to the guide and I'm not just talking to myself
Old 05-13-2011, 03:10 AM   #14
Happenstance
Banned

Checklists look great, I wish I had them while I was still playing lol

So a few things that I noticed in your guide and just some of my own experience with some events:

1) Your Pie Ending (under the trophy graphic) states you do *not* want to trigger any character's flag, but then later on in the guide, you give it a personal subsection, where it states to make the item for Lionela/Tantris, which does trigger their flag. That's contradicting lol and Krystal does seem to have it right; you need to flag a character's end that is NOT involved on your current pathway. If you want how I got it: I triggered Iksel's flag and was on the True End path, since I had over 94 stars and 80 trust. I got the ending on that, since Iksel's end is on the Good End path. I had a total of 3 attempts on this ending. The second, I went on True End and triggered no character flags, and I got the True End. So I know for a fact you need to trigger someone's.

2) Iksel's "cooking contest" event may not be necessary for his end, or a part of his flag. I've only managed to get that event to happen once, on my very first playthrough. My subsequent ones, when I was going for his end/Astrid's, I never triggered it. I believe you simply need to trigger the "special item" event in each area, and then see the scenes afterwards (after 3, 6, and 9 items). Got me wondering though, maybe the contest is a 1 time deal? Like, if you get it your first playthrough, save the clear data and go NG+, you may never get it again. Might be a moot point if you've managed 1 data file though, without a NG+.

3) I read that you stated you want to start working on "NPC Friendship 100" as soon as you can, just trying to get as many jobs done in the first part of the game as you can. You should put a little forewarning about this and Tiffani; I was going crazy my first playthrough trying to get her friendship up. She likes to ask for Eicholea (the mushroom) at the beginning, but so does Cordelia. It's my personal opinion that Cory should take priority. Sometimes during the second year on, Tiffani likes to ask for high quality Honey, which sometimes you have zero access to (from a lack of good quality Beehives) and Honey ends up being used in a lot of important recipes as well as being requested from Gio and Iksel (and they ask for lower quality).

So my advice: save Tiffani for Year 3, don't worry about her otherwise. You can still check however, and I WOULD suggest doing her "Normal Pan" request for easy money. She asks for 50 quality, and if you just jump to the weapon shop, buy the ingot, and then make it, it costs you ~350, and she gives you back ~750 for its completion. On a side note, she also does not require any friendship for Wholesale, so you don't have to worry about that.

4) Somewhat marginal mention about Cordelia's front quests: my first time getting her flag, it was irritating me a bit. Probably should keep the reader aware that after 3 of her front quests, there will be NONE until the third year, so don't bother looking for them. Also be aware that if you're looking for the first 3, they'll only open up once the areas with the items become available to you (i.e. Iron Clay is in National Mines). Finally, for *my* first time, she refused to offer anything on the third year until Night's Domain opened up (4th month) and then requested the two Shadow Roses. After I completed only that one, I got her final event. My second time for Astrid's, she offered one at the beginning of year 3, which I completed, but did not get the event. I did get it after the fifth one however.

Summary of that: the Shadow Rose Cory request may be the "final" one of hers. So just don't freak out if you don't get others after your third, be freaked out if she doesn't offer one when Night's Domain opens (assuming you haven't triggered the final event already).

5) You should note that the "Helmet" in the Item List is part of Hagel's friendship event, which requires at least 80 friendship (I think). Although not necessary for any ending, and you'll more than likely see it when going for "NPC Friendship 100" I think it would still be good to mention it since it's not something you normally see. I do not believe the crafted item he requests, that requires the Helmet to make, is part of the Item List; I believe it is a "key item" which I do not think is part of the trophy. If you do decide to make the item requested, be warned that Hagel will close his shop for about a week (although I found the events following the synthesis amusing).

6) It might be worth mentioning that only one Dragon will appear if you have not triggered Sterk's final events (or more specifically, Suni Sterm unlocking). The only Dragon that will be up will be the one in Night's Domain, the one guarding the path to the Demon boss. The others will only be around in their respective areas if Suni Sterm is available to you, I know that for a fact.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:35 AM   #15
Happenstance
Banned

Oh, shoot I forgot. I figured I should also mention Meteors. I thought they were absolutely invaluable, and made my playthrough such a cakewalk. I honestly have no idea how Tera Bombs work; I was under the impression that they work fantastically against bosses, but I never made any, I relied exclusively on Meteors.

Do Tera Bombs hit everything? That is an actual question, no sarcasm lol I know Meteors do, and they hit for a truckload on normal monsters even with somewhat low quality effects (1 big star). Not only that but they're actually pretty easy to come by pretty early (again I have no idea when Tera Bombs become available) which may facilitate leveling.

I think the recipe itself is available early year 2 (from I think Hagel), but you can't actually make any until at least Ster Highlands opens, or at least that's the earliest you can make it (which will be either 5/15 or 6/15 during a Cole visit). If Hom is about level 25+ it should be able to harvest Star Pieces (any quality will do), so you can make one. If she is about that level, she should also bring back some Metal Ore, which turns into Silvatite. If you make a Silvatite bar and use it as the Ingot in the Meteor, the attack effect is more or less max'd (3 big stars), which is the effect "Falling ???" this does anywhere from ~400-800 damage, but it also has another minor attack effect for it's second part, doing anywhere from ~100-200. So total damage is anywhere from ~500-1200 damage, usually the lower end is how much it hits for on bosses.

Best part about it, it has 4 uses per item, I dunno if Tera Bomb has more than 1. So not only can you basically bring in 10 of these things and pretty much clear Orthogalaxen from floor 1-14 or so, if you ever run into any rocks blocking your path, it's a guaranteed clear of those as well, which will only consume 1 of their uses.

You can register and buy them from Hagel after his wholesale is unlocked, just like any other bomb. Only real downside is that they are decently pricey (usually around 650) however the front quests that ask for them will more than get your money back if you decide to turn one in (I think it was 1400 cole for 1),

Course, all of this is pretty irrelevant if I'm underestimating the Tera. Well I guess the only better part about it is the only material you want to shoot for is Silvatite, rest of the materials you use don't matter as much, so I suppose it's easier to make.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:42 AM   #16
GamerGuy38
Banned

Assignment 2 trophy advice and tips.Is there a way to avoid an instant game over screen for not doing the assignment on time.This is a very good guide and not sure I have your permision to print it out.
GamerGuy38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #17
BreadSkin
Super Moderator

Thanks Happenstance, I'll see what needs to be changed once I'm doing some more edits this weekend if I have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuy38 View Post
Assignment 2 trophy advice and tips.Is there a way to avoid an instant game over screen for not doing the assignment on time.This is a very good guide and not sure I have your permision to print it out.
This is why I advise you to make multiple saves so in case something goes wrong, you can go back to it. Are you too busy fulfilling Friendship Requests? If you make only Barrels for the Assignment, you shouldn't run into any trouble.

Print it if you wish, but its still incomplete. You might want to wait till its fully completed .
Old 05-18-2011, 04:31 AM   #18
Happenstance
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuy38 View Post
I always decided to finish up the assignment first and foremost. That way you just don't even have to think about it while you're out doing other things. I kind of learned that lesson the hard way though; when it comes to assignment 10 you need a lot of extra time to travel to the area, search for the item, and come back. I left it with almost 30 days left my first playthrough, which as it turns out was really bad, since I was also really underleveled.

But getting less than 3/10 stars for any assignment is always a Game Over, no matter what. If you're really that stretched for time and can't really manage Bread's suggested 8, you can still potentially go through without any issue...but it would require a bit more thought on your part. 12 assignments = 120 stars, but you only need 94+ (maybe 93+) to get True End. So you would be 5 down from the guide, but you can certainly make it up by doing better in the last year (although assignment 10 and 12 are decently difficult to get 10 stars in). So ultimately, you can manipulate it appropriately to whichever ending your shooting for, but it would stray from Bread's guide, and for maybe confusion's sake, you might not want to do.

I wouldn't even really suggest it myself, unless you're willing to accept any potential headaches. It gets a little mind-numbing to think about the management of your save files as is, even with Bread's guide.

It is just assignment 2 though, which isn't that difficult to get back to if you just want to start from scratch.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:48 AM   #19
Happenstance
Banned

Oh Bread, I was just skimming through the guide once more and noticed some things with the ore/cloth list, near the bottom of the first page. I dunno if you've noticed it already, but you have a typo in the "Tanbeash" part. From what I can tell, Dragon Notsu is probably Dragon Tusk, since you don't have it listed and I know you get Halmolium from the higher quality ones. Marine light is probably Marinelite, which is an ore mostly found in Lost City, and I think Hom can get it in Orthogalaxen, can't quite remember though. Watching Grass Shadow might be Night Lady, since you don't have that listed but I know it makes Scale Cloth more often than not. Moonlight Flower might be Midnight Flower? Midnight usually goes Scale Cloth, and I'm pretty sure the other 2 rares from Night's Domain do as well (Dark Coral, Shadow Grass).

As for the Philosopher's Stone, honestly I have no inkling as to what that would be lol
Old 05-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #20
ychad

Im having some trouble getting the RICH ENDING. i already had a million cole and i do not trigger any character flags starting on the last assignment. Sleep my way through the end having 98 stars and 100%town popularity. Lowered both gio and cordelia's friendship so i couldn't get their endings but still i always ended up with the generic true ending do i really need to start a new game and NOT TRIGGER ANY CHARACTER FLAGS AT ALL JUST TO GET THIS ENDING