XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > A (PS3) > Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland

Old 09-30-2010, 06:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Default Thoughts?

So, like so many others, I was eagerly awaiting this game, and I finally got it yesterday and dug in.

And, like so many other games in the series, this game starts incredibly slow. Man, it bored me to tears for nearly an hour. Also, I'm not a fan of the 3-D graphics. I actually liked the 2-D graphics for battle in the old games - there was a certain feeling of satisfaction when you pulled off a huge burst combo. Maybe I'll be happier with the graphics later.

I do like the colorful nature of the game. I'm not sure how I feel about the limits on the number of ingredients you can carry, or the fact that your character loses HP while synthing stuff. I guess it plays into the time limit, but we'll see how it plays in the end.

So all in all, the jury's still out.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

I am about 5 hours in...and it is a good game, but where are my boss battles at? Also the game is very easy..
Gothslayer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts

Yeah, it's maybe underwhelming. Iris was... better?
Old 10-01-2010, 02:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Helping Hand   2,500 Posts

Well it's hard to say which Atelier game I like the most especially with us only getting just a little over half of the available games and then wait till sometime next year for Totori, but will say I do quite enjoy Atelier Rorona.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

I suspected the first PS3 version of an Atelier game would be along the lines of easier to play. Just like the PS2 Ateliers, i suspect Gust will listen to the fans and we will see a ridiculously super hard boss battle near/at the end.

I kinda like the switch to 3d. Sadly i've only had the time to put an hour or so into it so far.

Well, hopefully this will sell well enough that we will see Totori localized. I hear it's already a step or two up from Rorona.
TheRealThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

The game barely game in last night for me, so I have it, but yet to play it. I will give it a go this weekend, and see what there is to see.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Blood_Runs_Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts

After playing for an hour, I am REALLY bored.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

The game is not like the previous versions, but it is still enjoyable, even
though I didn't get very far.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealThing View Post
I suspected the first PS3 version of an Atelier game would be along the lines of easier to play. Just like the PS2 Ateliers, i suspect Gust will listen to the fans and we will see a ridiculously super hard boss battle near/at the end.

I kinda like the switch to 3d. Sadly i've only had the time to put an hour or so into it so far.

Well, hopefully this will sell well enough that we will see Totori localized. I hear it's already a step or two up from Rorona.
Well, there are trophies for defeating things like dragons and whatnot. I haven't looked at the guide (I never do for an RPG), but maybe this will be a tough boss.

After playing a bit more, I like this game. It's pretty low pressure, but there's enough going with synthesis to keep me entertained. I don't know how many playthroughs I can take, though. As far as the overall series (or at least those I have played), this game ranks well behind Mana Khemia and Atelier Iris 2, slightly ahead of the original Atelier Iris, and far ahead of Atelier Iris 3 (which I hated). I'm not sad about the purchase, but I would have liked a little bit more from this one.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Bronzer Than Nothing   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I totally forgot about this game was it released in Europe or is it going to be?

eAthena is offline   Reply With Quote