What carries over to NG+?

What carries over to NG+?

I've read that Development equipment (traveller shoes etc), Meruru/Lias/Keina equipment, and money.

Anything else?

Anything you recommend I do in my first playthrough? I'm well into year 4 now. Got my Regentium ready for Ultimate weapons and my Medical Linen for armor (just no money to make them :(). Haven't done the accessories yet. Hope to get the Bath trophies this run through (thought I missed his event when Rorona arrived but I keep getting new events), the statue, and hopefully the potion of youth endings.... I assume these will save me some steps on the second playthrough?

Edited by Stork77

You can carry over NG+ only your equipment and Meruru special items (like traveler shoes, goddes statue and others), money and other stuff NOT carry.

I suggest on your first playthrough you must make all best weapons, armor and accessories and not worry about endings too much. On my first run i did all best equipment and ended in middle of year 4. Here u can try to do "strongest princess" and "now, go bravely" endings (don't forget to make some meteors and elixirs, Masked G will be peace of cake). I wasn't able to make ice cascade bomb, so i had to skip "witch tea party" and "rich nation" endings and do them on second run.

So the best thing - just make all best equipment for Meruru, Keina and Lias, equip them, so they can transfer. Make sure u build any arena and pie shop for extra money to buy all regentiums and medical linen. I'm not sure that special Meruru items can make difference, but anyway make them and equip too, i'm sure u will have time for that. And on your second playthrough just keep an eye on what you doing and reload save files for different endings.

Edited by Rentarou

So the best thing - just make all best equipment for Meruru, Keina and Lias, equip them, so they can transfer. Make sure u build any arena and pie shop for extra money to buy all regentiums and medical linen.

Thanks!

Buying the Regentium/Linen - do your wholesale items carry over? Or do you dismantle Keina's/Lias's weapons when you're done with them and wholesale those?

And what do you mean by "..and other stuff NOT carry."? Ingredients in my Container?

Edited by Stork77

You can carry ONLY weapons, armor and accessories (and Meruru special items) that you equip on your characters before the end of game. Other things like money, any items in your basket or container, wholesale - NOT carry, just your equipment.

So, i think, when you near the end, make sure that u have best possible weapons, armor, 2 accessories on each Meruru, Lias, Keina (since you start a new game with these characters, it's the best thing to do to make your run faster).

In NG+ you can dismantle Meruru's New World Staff and armor (Soul Guard i guess) to regentium and medical linen with all your traits, wholesale them, buy again, and make best weapons and armor for other characters if you like. I'm not sure if there anything i can say more. Maybe you should check Cetra's guide for more information?

Edited by Rentarou

You can carry ONLY weapons, armor and accessories (and Meruru special items) that you equip on your characters before the end of game. Other things like money, any items in your basket or container, wholesale - NOT carry, just your equipment.

So, i think, when you near the end, make sure that u have best possible weapons, armor, 2 accessories on each Meruru, Lias, Keina (since you start a new game with these characters, it's the best thing to do to make your run faster).

In NG+ you can dismantle Meruru's New World Staff and armor (Soul Guard i guess) to regentium and medical linen with all your traits, wholesale them, buy again, and make best weapons and armor for other characters if you like. I'm not sure if there anything i can say more. Maybe you should check Cetra's guide for more information?

Thanks.

Yeah, I've read Cetra's guide and Krystal109's walkthrough. Guess I was just hoping they were a bit glib about it and there were some bits and pieces they glossed over. Basically wanted confirmation that any equipment that wasn't on the starting 3 was toast. Nobody outright stated that, though I suspected it was true and just wanted to kill that hope for good. It'll effect how much equipment I make for my preferred characters on this run so as to save money for the next run.

There is nothing glib or glossed over. I have written a whole paragraph about making equipment during the first playthrough and focussing on nothing else but story and smithing which implies that it was a preparation post and that it carries over. With any other meaning it would have been pretty useless, especially the last part that shows that I was talking about Clear Saves anyway. I don't have a reason to recommend doing nothing but story, a few sidequests and ultimate weapons when you don't keep them.

Here it was written:

Step 1 - Playthrough #1:

During your first run you don't need to focus on too many things.

Meanwhile, you can save money with Quests from Filly and some other items to wholesale Regentium weapons with traits like "Rainbow Power", "Skill Charge", "Attack Charge", "Skill +xx%" and Quality close to "100" or exactly. To get such a weapon, use the last gathering spot in the Modis Ruins where high quality "Rainbow Fragments" are or tell your Homs to search for "Rare!" items in the Modis Ruins. Then they will find and bring them to you. You will probably have a problem to synthesize a Regentium with costs that high. This is most likely because of the "Fuel" item. You should use a "Small Sun" for it. Once you are done, register the Regentium with Pamela and wait until they are restocked to buy more of them. Equip your characters with them and you will be happy.

Development Items can also be synthesised during this run. ... If you equip them in your main menu, you will also have them when you start your Clear Save.

Edited by Cetra

• 2 weeks later...
There is nothing glib or glossed over. I have written a whole paragraph about making equipment during the first playthrough and focussing on nothing else but story and smithing which implies that it was a preparation post and that it carries over. With any other meaning it would have been pretty useless, especially the last part that shows that I was talking about Clear Saves anyway. I don't have a reason to recommend doing nothing but story, a few sidequests and ultimate weapons when you don't keep them.

Here it was written:

My request was very specific... does the equipment of the non-starting characters carry over? That's the glossed over part I was inquiring about because all the specific mentions I've seen (guides, walkthroughs, forum posts) are just about the starting three. Looks like they do.

Edited by Stork77

My request was very specific... does the equipment of the non-starting characters carry over? That's the glossed over part I was inquiring about because all the specific mentions I've seen (guides, walkthroughs, forum posts) are just about the starting three. Looks like they do.

The equipments do carry over for the non-starting characters. All the guides mention about the starting three because, if you want early access to your best accessories, you have to put the accessories on those starting three.

Let's say if you put your best speed belt on Sterk, then you'll have to wait until you got Sterk join your party, which is a pretty long wait.

My request was very specific... does the equipment of the non-starting characters carry over?

It was not, your question also was not unequivocal. You have mentioned the starting characters, that does not mean that you actually mean only them or use the first mentioned ones for the characters in general. So basically if you want an accurate answer from someone you must be sure that the question actually is as specific as you intend it to be. Also the answer to the question was pretty obvious as Totori did the same thing and New Game+ is meant to actually give you the opportunity to make it faster and not just with half of the characters. Every Atelier has improved.

sonic has said what was right.

And nothing in my post mentioned the starting characters but the characters (while "start your Clear Save" does not stand for the characters you have but simply for "once you begin a new game that stuff carries over"). However, as sonic said I do also intend to give some tip like this with the intention that the starting characters have the good equipment as you can get it immediately then. Since all characters can have them I wrote it generally as "characters":

Equip your characters with them and you will be happy.

If you equip them in your main menu, you will also have them when you start your Clear Save.

Hopefully that does help.

Edited by Cetra

Also the answer to the question was pretty obvious as Totori did the same thing....

And nothing in my post mentioned the starting characters but the characters (while "start your Clear Save" does not stand for the characters you have but simply for "once you begin a new game that stuff carries over"). However, as sonic said I do also intend to give some tip like this with the intention that the starting characters have the good equipment as you can get it immediately then. Since all characters can have them I wrote it generally as "characters":

Hopefully that does help.

I never did a NG+ in Atelier Totori.

Your second quote is the sentence right after Development items, so the "them" is referring to that, not weapons/armor. And "you will be happy" doesn't really refer to anything carrying over - just that they are good weapons. Nor do you mention armor at all. Accessories are mentioned, but not in a context of whether they carry over.

Like I said, I had been looking at several guides. Yours said characters (generic), others said starting. Hence the request for clarification. My initial request was broad - asking for anything that carries over because there was sure to be other stuff I didn't know. Later I specifically mention non-starting.

I don't want to drag this out. I'm done the game, I appreciated your guide and used its advice for several things so thanks!

Edited by Stork77

Your second quote is the sentence right after Development items, so the "them" is referring to that, not weapons/armor. And "you will be happy" doesn't really refer to anything carrying over - just that they are good weapons. Nor do you mention armor at all. Accessories are mentioned, but not in a context of whether they carry over.

You cannot decide what my sentence is referring to. I do that and I do not appreciate what you try here. So if I quote myself to explain you cannot explain my quote as I am the one who knows its meaning and intention since it was an intellectual construct of mine. As well as with the "you will be happy" segment which you cannot decide to stand for "them being good". To decode a message you need to carefully read all information and think about the poissible meanings. The more relations of seperate segments can be seen the easier it is to see the intended meaning. If you use only parts to conclude and let ot the rest you will not analyze correctly. I have written a whole paragraph about making

a) Equipment

b) Making them as they carry over since the first playthrough is a normal playthrough and so can be absolutely used to prepare for further playthroughs and wouldn't need to be that great for only that playthrough which I also explained already in those posts. That you don't need to focus on too many things and pointing out that the second playthrough is the main playthrough is very well the indicator for showing what the context is about. Follow the axioms of communication and you understand the message given

c) Preparation in general as if nothing else but the story and this is important.

The "them" was not the only word. The "also" showed that the equipment is involved. And as said, you cannot decide what my "happy" comment, as I very well was talking about having them and furthermore using them from now on. You cannot jut read one part and conclude things. You must read everything and put it into their context with their signal words. That the paragraph is a preparation is a signal in itself already. Axiom #4: Communication uses digital and analogue modalities.

The context was totally understandable if you read the whole thing as one part which was obvious. Also my Warp Gate part was hinting that you might decide which item you want to carry over as well (why would you make an item instead of the Warp Gate in the first playthrough if it does not carry over? you would have the same problem of deciding in the second playthrough if that would be the case) as both are possible if you search for Rare Items, so I showed that while not being necessarily needed, they can be important and the sooner you have them, the better.

Step 2 - Playthrough #2:

... Then make some good weapons, some good armor in case you have not made some which is good enough during your first playthrough ...

This should show you that the first playthrough was very well thought for preparation. It was even modified in case someone did not read the first playthrough part or just did not follow the tips.

To decode a message and conclude truth you need to understand all detail. Otherwise you cannot understand its context and set them into the wrong one. A whole paragraph that is about making and equipping items, them carrying over - and really the whole post was about all that so why would I only mean a part of it and not even show which part then, the paragraph has one topic and that is preparation, that you equip stuff involves them being usable in your current playthrough and guarantees being carried over so it does not need to explained any further but still the context does - and the second playthrough paragraph also confirming what I am talking about can be understood as I intended. Basically my post would have been pretty useless if not meant that way. Of course it would still be helpful for the only the first playthrough or as tip for them seperately but then I would have posted it another way.

Hopefully this will help next time. Good that the guide still helped you.

Edited by Cetra