so according to this guide http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/625209-atelier-meruru-the-apprentice-of-arland/59655173 there is no character endings so to my understanding you just need to get your chars to friend lvl 80 to get the trophy specific event does this mean i don't need to worry about missing certain events because it will automatically trigger the trophy event or am i missing something? thanks for the help!

Edited by earthgeneral

so according to this guide http://http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/625209-atelier-meruru-the-apprentice-of-arland/59655173 there is no character endings so to my understanding you just need to get your chars to friend lvl 80 to get the trophy specific event does this mean i don't need to worry about missing certain events because it will automatically trigger the trophy event or am i missing something? thanks for the help!

It is true that there are no character endings like in the two prequels but there are some events which need to be triggered and which can only be triggered when the time has come. The second-last event of Keina for example only triggers when she is Level 40 while the last one does not trigger until the rank ist Neptune. Lias' last events trigger when you have Sterk already. You need to go with both adventuring and finish a battle so Lias learns the "Bad Under Fire" skill and later on Level 80 he has to fight 3 Prickly Bunnies. Et cetera. You will watch most of the events anyway. Of course most of the events are important because even though you can skip the order sometimes - like I did with Hanna's Level 50 and 45 event - the events before are important sometimes or often; this would be the better word for it.

You cannot skip all events except the trophy ones anyway. From Level 60 to 80 you need to raise the Friendship Level with Friend Quests. And in this time you will always trigger character events in the Workshop, in the Castle, et cetera.

Edited by Cetra

so according to this guide http://http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/625209-atelier-meruru-the-apprentice-of-arland/59655173 there is no character endings so to my understanding you just need to get your chars to friend lvl 80 to get the trophy specific event does this mean i don't need to worry about missing certain events because it will automatically trigger the trophy event or am i missing something? thanks for the help!

link doesnt work

I guess this seems to be the right topic to ask about something - I raised friendship level with Rufus already way past the required 50 and I'm in 4th year on my second playthrough again - yet I can't seem to find out where I can trigger his trophy event. I hope someone can enlighten me. :D

I have same problems with Gino as well, but I guess for him I still would like to try out a little bit more for myself to discover what needs to be done past 80 FP. ^^

I guess this seems to be the right topic to ask about something - I raised friendship level with Rufus already way past the required 50 and I'm in 4th year on my second playthrough again - yet I can't seem to find out where I can trigger his trophy event. I hope someone can enlighten me. :D

You need to make a Dessert like the Jiggly Pudding. Meruru will say then that it is for him.

I have same problems with Gino as well, but I guess for him I still would like to try out a little bit more for myself to discover what needs to be done past 80 FP. ^^

Nothing needs to be done after Friendship Level 80. You need to trigger his Workshop Events, his Area Events and then you need to need to go to Hart Outpost when Meruru recommends him to ask Gio for help. Afterwars you need to forge the Storm Sabre and fight Sterk.

Ahh, it just happens so that I already crafted such a pudding a year or two ago and then never bothered to hand-craft this myself again ( always wholesaled or let the Homs do the work ).

So I just need to synth this one again as soon as I watched every necessary event scene with Rufus and his FL is past 50.

All the stuff with Gino I figured already out during the morning after I posted this here. :D Thanks for going to the trouble to explain it here, though. I guess there'll be most likely someone else, who can profit from this information. :D

Now there's something else, that was bothering me - this morning I worked towards True Ending - already went ahead and achieved the Famous Meruru Ending first, and then I just took an old save but even though I finished off the Incarnate there together with Gio, I didnt get the True End after the 5th year - I got an entry "Happy Uncle" but it seems that I was missing one other event which is probably related to the "Changing the Past" Trophy. Do you have information for this one as well?

Oh, one more thing I nearly had forgotten - I stumbled upon quite a strange Development Task ( Hm, I wanted to use a Spoiler Tag, but I can't find it on this board - maybe you can answer me this via private message, as this one isnt related to this topic at all ), the one with the ??? for terms - I wasn't able to find out what to do exactly to fill the last golden star.

Edited by Seldio

Ahh, it just happens so that I already crafted such a pudding a year or two ago and then never bothered to hand-craft this myself again ( always wholesaled or let the Homs do the work ).

So I just need to synth this one again as soon as I watched every necessary event scene with Rufus and his FL is past 50.

I said "like the". So it does not need to be this Pudding. Dessert items are enough since Rufus loves sweets.

You've already watched the event of Rufus getting some Tea from the Homs? It is before the trophy event.

About the other things - I will tell you later. I just don't have enough time now. Happy Uncle however is an entry which should come before fighting Airshatter and when you visit the reborn landscape of Velus with Giovanni.

Edited by Cetra

Ah, yeah of course. Surely you would've been able to combine all the facts to come up with a plan on how to activate his trophy since his guild requests were always sweets but I wouldn't have guessed it myself that you actually need to craft another dessert. If you're one of those like me who already crafted everything once you are most likely not bothering to synth them yourself again. Of course, this way you won't never find out how to get it.

Ah, yeah I saw the event with both Homs but man - I didn't know it was that simple. ^^

About Gio, I'm not sure but I think I got it past the fight but that might be because I didnt trigger them earlier maybe. I saw the event in Yuvel with Gio, but it seems something is missing still as that alone doesnt seem to be enough.

But for now, I'd like to give big thanks to you - you've been a great help. :D

I asked you about the Homs because many events trigger in a certain chronologial order. And this is important. Keina's "How do I look ... ?" trophy event for example does not trigger before you trigger all the other events which normally should come before. She cannot skip them. It happened for me. She needs to trigger the last event before, so when you visit an area with her and Meruru wants to hide under a tree to avoid getting hit by lightning.

About Gio - I would like to help you. But there can be many reasons why events do not trigger. I would need more information. The whole - I, Gio, visit the castle - I Gio, talk to Dessier - I, Gio, talk to Meruru about Sofra - I, Gio, talk to Dessier again - I, Gio, reveal the whole story of my past and about my wife, the legendary Alchemist Sofraneis Yeux Arls - thing needs to be watched.

By the way - you have defeated Airshatter? On which level are you? And you did it with the Level Break Limit of Meruru's Statue, didn't you?

Edited by Cetra

It seems my last event with Gio was when he talked with Dessier again. If I remember correctly, they talked about having a little practice fight?

The last one where he reveals his whole past is what I'm missing since he didn't say anything yet that Sofraneis was his wife but I guess it was strongly hinted all along by the way he talked and acted.

Yes, I did defeat him and on my 2nd playthrough I did it with the Legendary Statue built. On my first play I did it without but soon after I ran out of time for about anything else to do. I'm currently around LV 80.

So if I talk to him again ( I guess the best place would be the fort ) I get that last event triggered and then get the last missing bronze trophy and at the end the Atelier Meruru Gold Trophy for the True End? That would be awesome, then I'm only missing the Strong Meruru B trophy - but I dont stand a chance yet in that fight. He killed me already in the beginning before I could do even one single move. I need to forge very good equipment for that but since I've like 1 1/2 years left, it's enough time to combine some nice stuff.

The last one where he reveals his whole past is what I'm missing since he didn't say anything yet that Sofraneis was his wife but I guess it was strongly hinted all along by the way he talked and acted.

It is not mentioned. But Sofra is very important to Dessier and to Gio. That is because Sofraneis Yeux Arls was Dessier's sister and Gio's wife and so of course she was Meruru's aunt and because she married Gio he is Meruru's uncle. Only this way it makes sense.

So if I talk to him again ( I guess the best place would be the fort ) I get that last event triggered and then get the last missing bronze trophy and at the end the Atelier Meruru Gold Trophy for the True End? That would be awesome, then I'm only missing the Strong Meruru B trophy - but I dont stand a chance yet in that fight. He killed me already in the beginning before I could do even one single move. I need to forge very good equipment for that but since I've like 1 1/2 years left, it's enough time to combine some nice stuff.

You mean the event of the "Look into the Past" trophy? It will be triggere

This trophy makes sense when I look at this part of your post. But I guess you mean the "end the tragedy of Arls" trophy.

I am impressed that you got everything that fast. But I guess you haven't defeated the Goddess of the Void yet.

Edited by Cetra

Yeah, that is correct. I failed at the second boss in the corridor, but I was around 60 back there and it was a close fight. Well in the end Ithink that level isnt that important really. good built equipment and accessorys are the key.

I got lost now on my way to the true end path, or it seems I have messed up somewhere. I have a savegame shortly before and after the airshatter fight but still I am probably missing out on key events.

I am missing the Changing the past, Strongest Princess ( too weak to get his hp down decently ) and the Alchemist! trophy to reach platin.

Oh yeah Iwas playing quite some hours each day, that is mainly why I am already trough the game twice.

Yes, the Level in the Atelier series is not as important as the equipment. And yet it is important.

How do you fight Gio? You should use Bombs with Effects like "Binding" and "Solvent" as well as "enhancing effect" and "(enhances the chance of) Critical Hits" Effects. And do defend yourself you should make Dragon Barbeque or something like that which heal yourself automatically once your Hit Points are below 99%. Make them with more usages if it is possible for you. At least 4 usages per item are okay. Register those with Pamela and buy many of them.

Edited by Cetra

Thank you for the hints, I'll try it out and post the results later. :)

You should not only depend on that, however. Gio is ridiculous with his Absorbing Sword. I use Mimi because she ignores his Defense with Spare Bolen and I now also use a Maenad's Lance with Rainbow Power but it it still not enough. I do that with Gio having decreased Defense and Mimi having increased Attack. But it is still not enough to defeat that ~500 Hit Points guy.

I have watched someone's video who also does this but he is Level 99. He One-Hits him. And on another video the guy I have watched does not have a Level 99 team but 3 Rainbow Power weapons. I have nothing against that. But somehow my Rainbow Power weapon only deals 1 damage with every elemental strike. And that is ... well, yeah ... something beyond good.

Gio is a cheater with his idiotic Shadow move combined with Einzelkämpfer - sorry! Dire Blade.

By the way I have just defeated the Goddess of the Void on my first try. I have used ~ Level 50 Meruru, Mimi and Rorona. Airhstatter destroyed me before. I am way to strong to be defeated by his normal attacks and can handle the battle. But he healed two times, once 3500 Hit Points and once 4000 Hit Points with his Hell Fire and in the end he used a ridiculous attack twice. And I was already defeated by the first one.

Edited by Cetra

That is currently mainly my problem as well. I only hit him for 1's and 10's maybe but in the end I didnt manage to drop his HP below 75 % or something and within the next turns he was completely healed. And my chars are all over LV 80 and everyone does have a Rainbow Power Weapon. :( But I understand as well that the traits on my EQ is quite poorly so I'm sure if I spend some time to combine some nice traits on the stuff I'll see more positive results.

Wow, with one hit - that sounds quite awesome. Must've had quite the ultimate destructive weapon to pull this off. I also saw another vid of the DLC stuff and there someone used items with infinite usage - wonder how he pulled that off.

For Masked G, I was around Lv50ish at the time, using Mimi and Lias both with Rainbow Power weapons, everyone with Soul Shroud with Fortified Fiber on them. I put a Heroic Medal and Angel Charm (not very good traits though) on Meruru and I think I had a Gnardi Ring (again, kind of poor traits since I made this early in the game) on Mimi.

The lynchpin of my victory was my wholesaled Pepped Up Elixirs. Meruru had enough HP/Def to tank everything except for that instant kill super so I let her be hit to activate the Elixirs. Mimi used her SPD Down skill if the debuff was not present, else Spear Bolen. Lias used his WT skills every turn he could. The Elixirs could recover MP which was vital so the other two could use skills nonstop. Delaying his turn is really the key here so he doesn't regain HP.

I also had one Peacemaker which I used the powered version of (through assists) once but it didn't do that much damage.

It was a pretty close call, at one point Mimi and Lias were dead and it was only the Heroic Medal that saved me. Mimi managed to throw three supers and Lias threw two (the second one finished the fight).

For Masked G, I was around Lv50ish at the time, using Mimi and Lias both with Rainbow Power weapons, everyone with Soul Shroud with Fortified Fiber on them. I put a Heroic Medal and Angel Charm (not very good traits though) on Meruru and I think I had a Gnardi Ring (again, kind of poor traits since I made this early in the game) on Mimi.

The lynchpin of my victory was my wholesaled Pepped Up Elixirs. Meruru had enough HP/Def to tank everything except for that instant kill super so I let her be hit to activate the Elixirs. Mimi used her SPD Down skill if the debuff was not present, else Spear Bolen. Lias used his WT skills every turn he could. The Elixirs could recover MP which was vital so the other two could use skills nonstop. Delaying his turn is really the key here so he doesn't regain HP.

I also had one Peacemaker which I used the powered version of (through assists) once but it didn't do that much damage.

It was a pretty close call, at one point Mimi and Lias were dead and it was only the Heroic Medal that saved me. Mimi managed to throw three supers and Lias threw two (the second one finished the fight).

My battle against him was pretty similiar. But with Spare Bolen, Rush Combo, Time Blessed Mystical Ankhs and Assist Finishing Meteors when Mimi and Lias have charged two Assists.

At least it was quite challenging to beat him down without having uber equipment at your disposal. :D

Finally got Platin myself last night - I felt relieved once I saw the window popping up with the trophy after 3 full playthroughs, which could have been done in two if it weren't for a small mistake I made during the second run.

Now all that is left is the additional dungeon which should come out by the next week or in two.

How strong is Gio? compare to Mimi and Sterk?

Compared in the story or in battles you can fight?

Gio is the most powerful character in the Arland series together with Totori's mother Gisela. Sterk is close to Esty's level. Esty mentions she is stronger, but actually I doubt that because Sterk really is a master so I would say they are both almost equal.

And Gio in your battles is also pretty much the strongest character.

Edited by Cetra

Has anyone else had problems with trophies not popping? I can't seem to get the "Stars Never Change" trophy to pop.

To get the "How to I look ...?" trophy you need to be Adventurer Level and Alchemy Level 40 with Meruru and also Adventurer Level 40 with Keina as well as Keina Friendship Level 60. Once you visit the castle you will be in Meruru's room where you get the trophy. To get the "Stars never Change" trophy you need to have Keina Friendship Level 80 and rank up to rank VIII. After the extension the scene will trigger once you visit the workshop. I tried it 7 times with different saves and on different dates and so it is the event I have checked the most. I never got to watch the scene before rank VIII and I also tried it yesterday for like 2 hours when I was still rank VI and rank VII and nothing happened.

Edited by Cetra