Is it gonna suck again??

Right, can someone tell me is this game gonna be as horrible as Rorona? First off I've got to say that I used to be a huge fam of the atelier Iris series on the ps2, from the first one up to the third one they've been getting just better. How the hell they ruined such a great series after transferring it to ps3 is way beyond my understanding. Its no rpg when you can't even explore as much as you want because of the time limit, and what about the multiple events/endings trophies? Its supposed to be a goddamn rpg, I don't have the time to be playing it ten times... Played this piece of crap for about 3 hours and gave it a rest. Because of that I havent even tried Totori. So can anyone tell me is this series dead or is there a little glimpse of hope :confused:

If you didn't like Rorona, don't bother with Totori or Meruru. The gameplay is better, and the time management is more lenient, but it is still there. As are the many endings. I personally loved the first two (even if the time management bugged me at times), and I'm keen for Meruru to arrive :D

Kind of a biased opinion on my part, but I have loved the Atelier series since NISA localized the Iris series, Mana Khemia, and Annie. And so, I pretty much knew I would love the Arland saga before I even started playing it. Now we have Atelier Ayesha which I know is not part of the Arland series and could be a start for a whole new trilogy or at least having 1 sequel to it.

I've always wanted to play Atelier Violet, Judie, Marie and Elie especially Violet.

I don't know why "again" because I think both Rorona and Totori are great but I also think Meruru is great. There are some uberly strong monsters like the Pterosaur who just cheat with 2 AOE attacks in a row and his weaker brother Wyvern was strong enough already but what would life be without challenges.

I don't know why "again" because I think both Rorona and Totori are great but I also think Meruru is great. There are some uberly strong monsters like the Pterosaur who just cheat with 2 AOE attacks in a row and his weaker brother Wyvern was strong enough already but what would life be without challenges.

Well I believe the OP thinks with the whole time managing from Rorona and Totori and having to do so many things like all of those requests pretty much sucked out the fun for the OP of the Arland games.

Generally speaking, if you didn't like the first one, you probably won't like the successors. Overall, I'd say the games are pretty similar, each has improved over the last. But I don't think it'd be fair to say you'd like it but not Rorona, as it stems from the same thing, it's just improved. You do have more time it seems, but still... it's very similar.

• 2 weeks later...

I think any opinion relies greatly on personal tastes. I loved Rorona, didn't care so much for Totori and Meruru is great so far.

I'm looking forward to finishing it, but the lack of a trophy guide will probably mean several playthroughs as I have no clue on how many endings there are and if you have character based endings as well. But hey, it's just awwwwww, especially chibi-Rorona

• 1 month later...

This is my honest opinion on the series:

1. Even though Rorona has very strict time system, you can plat it in one playthrough, if you do everything right, or you can do two if you don't like to rush things.

2. While Totori has great system/graphic improvements than Rorona, I found Rorona's stroy is way better & rounded than Totori: there are lots of side events that you can trigger to learn each character's personality bit by bit, this is what RPG is alllll about!! Don't you agree? So story wise, I love Rorona way more.

Don't let the time management thing scare you, it's not as bad as you think. Otherwise, you will miss a lot of great games like Rorona, and Valkyrie Profile

2. While Totori has great system/graphic improvements than Rorona, I found Rorona's stroy is way better & rounded than Totori: there are lots of side events that you can trigger to learn each character's personality bit by bit, this is what RPG is alllll about!! Don't you agree? So story wise, I love Rorona way more.

Rorona does not have too much of a main story. Rorona does alchemy so her workshop won't be closed down. And meanwhile she gets some friends and experiences a bit of their own story. Totori has a real dream and you don't know if she can achieve her goal until you see the True Ending. And that one is really touching.

Of course it is your opinion and you can think what you want to think of about stories being better. But Totori's story is way more personal and that is what is important in a good RPG for me. So you are right, this is what an RPG is about. But the side character's are also shown very well in Atelier Totori. And since the main character's story is the most important one and Totori's is so touching for me I think it is by far better. Actually I think Rorona is both story- and gameplay-wise the worst of the three, even the True Ending is ... not really anything special. That does not mean that I think it is bad, however.

Edited by Cetra

• 1 month later...
Idiots who go in thinking that Atelier Iris is like all the other atelier games deserve to waste their money.

Atelier Iris and Mana Khemia need to stop being refereed to as examples of the atelier series. They are spin-offs and gameplay wise they are the EXCEPTION to the rule.

They're not spin-offs of the Atelier series since they are part of the main series. However, Gust was trying out different ways to put out their Atelier games so they don't all feel the same.

Plus it doesn't help that Atelier series wasn't localized until Atelier Iris and Mana Khemia with the exception being Atelier Annie which is a spin-off game but does feel more like the other Atelier games than Mana Khemia and Atelier Iris do.