Rate the trophy difficulty...  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_55.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.38

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave 6.

Minimum Playthroughs Required : 2+

Missable Trophies : No

Separate save for get another end trophies : Yes

If you compare this game with totori no atelier, Meruru easy more than totori because all event had not disappear. You can get all event in one time except event on second times.

http://upic.me/i/gp/334898161.jpg

• 1 month later...

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii35/raito_2008/DSC01014.jpg

Finally got this platinum after some sidetrip by umineko and other games -_-

I rate it 6.

Trust me, this game is easier than Totori.

I think Gust must have decreased its difficulty since this game was so enjoyable to get the platinum trophy xD

Powered Airtshutter and Masked the G were the main challenges in this game.

Getting otokofuro ending was really troublesome, though.

Btw, I still couldn't trigger the scene to enter the DLC dungeon (Machina) eventhough I have downloaded and installed the DLC -_-

Maybe I'll redownload it once again and reluctantly start my 4th playthrough :mad:

Edited by celestial

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5-6.

5 is the lowest rating I give titles.

Doesn't that both defeat the purpose of having values below five and totally skew the results of any poll in which you may vote where others have not capped themselves at the "It took some effort, time, and attention to detail, but it isn't something would have trouble getting if they want it" level five represents?

This isn't a poll on the quality of the game, but rather on how hard it is to platinum.

Doesn't that both defeat the purpose of having values below five and totally skew the results of any poll in which you may vote where others have not capped themselves at the "It took some effort, time, and attention to detail, but it isn't something would have trouble getting if they want it" level five represents?

This isn't a poll on the quality of the game, but rather on how hard it is to platinum.

No, it does not because the fact that you have to spend limited life-time for a game is reason enough to rate a game higher, no matter what anyone thinks. You will never get it back as well as the effort you need and the possible frustration which is caused and time and effort as well as stress, no matter how low they are are almost always included - time and effort (as mentioned, no matter how less) even always. Those are standard aspects which determine my games to be at least a 5 and not an 0. And how many time you need to spend, how many effort and how frustrating it can be raises the 5 points then. Many people around here already know that I have another definition for it. That does not make their own opinion worth less since their rating definition is pretty much not related to mine.

And I did not say anything about the quality. I exactly said how hard it is for me to plat it.

And I alone decide how and what I think and how I rate my games. But thank you for your interest.

Edited by Cetra

And I alone decide how and what I think and how I rate my games. But thank you for your interest.

I think what he's saying is that you seem to rate the difficulty on a scale of 5-10, whereas this poll uses a standard 10 point scale. That just means you should convert your rating to fit the poll, so if you would give it the lowest possible score on your scale (5) maybe you should vote the lowest possible score on the poll (1).

I think what he's saying is that you seem to rate the difficulty on a scale of 5-10, whereas this poll uses a standard 10 point scale. That just means you should convert your rating to fit the poll, so if you would give it the lowest possible score on your scale (5) maybe you should vote the lowest possible score on the poll (1).

I know what he was saying and I explained why it would not be the same to write that.

I don't believe time shouldn't be a factor in rating games. If it takes 80 hours, that's effort, in my

Since time is limited, it is always a factor.

However, for polls to have meaning, everyone needs to use the same scale, and you were, with your first post, saying "forget convention" without explaining your intent at all.

No, I don't need to do anything everyone does and I explain my intentions often enough. You don't even visit this forum often enough, so you don't know. And I did not say or intend to say "forget convention". Which means your post is based on not knowing who I am and how I rate. So please don't act as if you would know who I am, how I rate or what my posts are about. And - it does not concern you. It is not like I would mind how you rate your games.

By the way - it is no big deal.

Edited by Cetra

Yes, that is what I was trying to say.

I don't believe time shouldn't be a factor in rating games. If it takes 80 hours, that's effort, in my mind.

However, for polls to have meaning, everyone needs to use the same scale, and you were, with your first post, saying "forget convention" without explaining your intent at all.

Voted 5. Most of that difficulty comes from the bosses related to the True End and "Strongest Princess" endings. Overall the game is much more forgiving to platinum than Totori as there are very few obscure and easily miss-able events that can lock you out of an ending (Meruru is kind enough to actually let you know when you've triggered a particular ending flag).

It will take two playthroughs as certain events are only available on NG+ but the ability to carry over your equipment (including development EQ that can save you a lot of time) means that with a little preparation on your first play, you can easily do everything on your second run with plenty of time to spare. Only the two bosses mentioned above should take any advanced preparation.

Took me about 65 hours.

I just did one run through the game and got about 28% of the trophies. I have no idea how to trigger the trophies so I guess i just lucked out on them.

Is there a guide somewhere that I can use as a walkthrough to obtain the trophies? I'd hate to start the game again blindfolded and not get anything >_>

I just did one run through the game and got about 28% of the trophies. I have no idea how to trigger the trophies so I guess i just lucked out on them.

Is there a guide somewhere that I can use as a walkthrough to obtain the trophies? I'd hate to start the game again blindfolded and not get anything >_>

ive been looking for a guide. i dont think there is one. maybe just use the wiki to get all the endings?

Platinum'd the NA release, I gave it a 5. The only real challenge was beating a certain boss for an ending, and the Hot Springs ending being missable. The game even lets you know if you've gotten an ending through MeMeMo.

Game requires a New Game+ to Platinum as well, which was easy enough since equipment (including dev equipment) carries over.

All in all since I spent a lot of time making equipment, took about 60 hours.

Yes, that is what I was trying to say.

I don't believe time shouldn't be a factor in rating games. If it takes 80 hours, that's effort, in my mind.

Yes, I did explain it. And I often explain it in the forum.

ive been looking for a guide. i dont think there is one. maybe just use the wiki to get all the endings?

The japanese Wiki is not very accurate. Many things are missing and many things are false. I am writing the Trophy Guide right now.

and the Hot Springs ending being missable.

It is not. Even if you don't talk to Peter everytime he is in the village you can give him the Living Pickaxe, the Dowsing Rod, the Spring Pump and the Pipes.

Edited by Cetra

The japanese Wiki is not very accurate. Many things are missing and many things are false. I am writing the Trophy Guide right now.

It is not. Even if you don't talk to Peter everytime he is in the village you can give him the Living Pickaxe, the Dowsing Rod, the Spring Pump and the Pipes.

I was sure it was missable because even after giving him the Dowsing Rod and Living Shovel, I couldn't find the Hot Spring, even after returning to Arls and going back to the volcano again (which worked in my NG+ since I made sure to always talk to Peter).

If you're making a trophy guide, I made a list of the events I encountered in this GameFAQs thread, it may help you.

I was sure it was missable because even after giving him the Dowsing Rod and Living Shovel, I couldn't find the Hot Spring, even after returning to Arls and going back to the volcano again (which worked in my NG+ since I made sure to always talk to Peter).

What was the problem? Did you miss a scene with a Memo? This way it is missable indeed. Maybe I should just write to talk to him to make sure that everyone will get the Memos, the scenes with Esty and can find the Hot Spring. I wanted to write it anyway.

By the way - almost all trophies are missable. You don't get them during the normal storyline. But of course you mean "missable and not unlockable during this try again".

It seems you have used the Mini Guide of the Endings which can be found in the internet, haven't you?. It also says you need the Team Characters to have FLV 80. But Gio does not need to be on FLV 80. He only needs to be on FLV 50 so you can watch his last events. I have also watched the "Miss Popular" ending with Gio being on FLV 79. So FLV 80 is not required. Only the last important FLV of the character events.

Edited by Cetra

What was the problem? Did you miss a scene with a Memo? This way it is missable indeed. Maybe I should just write to talk to him to make sure that everyone will get the Memos, the scenes with Esty and can find the Hot Spring. I wanted to write it anyway.

By the way - almost all trophies are missable. You don't get them during the normal storyline. But of course you mean "missable and not unlockable during this try again".

It seems you have used the Mini Guide of the Endings which can be found in the internet, haven't you?. It also says you need the Team Characters to have FLV 80. But Gio does not need to be on FLV 80. He only needs to be on FLV 50 so you can watch his last events. I have also watched the "Miss Popular" ending with Gio being on FLV 79. So FLV 80 is not required. Only the last important FLV of the character events.

That's honestly...kind of insulting and condescending since I made that as I went through the game twice, running around trying to trigger events every five points...

And yes, I neglected to say in the header that Gio only needed 50, but if you actually read it, I indicated his last event is at 50.

That's honestly...kind of insulting and condescending since I made that as I went through the game twice, running around trying to trigger events every five points...

I don't know what is insulting about my post and also nothing about it was condescending. I have posted nothing insulting. I could tell you that it is insulting for me that you even tell me I should use your notes for my trophy guide, because you don't believe mine could be the true information. But did I do that? No, because I only see the kind offer of yours. I don't even know if you think the Hot Spring thing or the question about the mini guide was insulting because the Hot Spring thing was just a question what could have gone wrong and the other thing was just because someone in the internet also thought Gio needs to be on FLV 80. And I have made my notes as well and checked them about 100 times (exaggerated, of course). I have found even more events. And I wrote that thing with Gio because you have mentioned only Rufus and Hanna being FLV 50. So I thought you think Gios does not only need to be on FLV 50.

So again - nothing about my post was an insult. I did never intend to insult you.

Edited by Cetra

It seems you have used the Mini Guide of the Endings which can be found in the internet, haven't you?

The way you worded that sounds condescending, that was what I took issue with (I noticed this is actually a common theme in your posts, you probably don't mean to sound like this but it comes across like that). And if you look at my post I was not asking you to use my guide, merely that it may help you.

The way you worded that sounds condescending, that was what I took issue with (I noticed this is actually a common theme in your posts, you probably don't mean to sound like this but it comes across like that). And if you look at my post I was not asking you to use my guide, merely that it may help you.

You now know that it was not intended that way and that is what is important. I always write and check things to help people. Not to show them "how great I am". There is no need to be angry for you or for me.

By the way - you wrote something about Keina and her FLV 80 event. You need to rank up to rank VIII or it will not trigger. I tried 4 times to be sure, also with different saves and different dates. Or did you mean that with "after reaching goal"? One of the goals is rank VII, so 7.

Edited by Cetra

I got it the moment that 'reaching the goal' event was triggered, on Year 3 10/1 at the soonest (if you get 30k population before this date, nothing happens). I was only Rank 6 at the time and did not rank up so I assumed it was time-based.

Anyway this isn't really the thread we're supposed to be talking about this, heh.

I have triggered that event many times in year 4 with population over 30000 it did not trigger but directly after the rank up. Maybe rank 8 is not required but like I have explained I have tried it with different saves and before ranking up it did not trigger. And I tried it 4 times.

EDIT: I have tried it again, now for the 5th time. It was in June in Year 4 now again. The population was over 50000 and I did not trigger the event. After the rank up to rank 8 it triggered. Like I said, maybe just a rank up (and after some certain time like you have mentioned, this is quite possible because it is an Atelier title) is important, but the population did nothing for me as you can see.

I can make you screenshots or a video.

EDIT: I have tried it a 6th time now. This time almost 2 hours from rank 6 to rank 8. It triggered rank 8.

Edited by Cetra

Got the Platinum and will give this a 3. Compared to Totori which I also gave a 3, this has far easier flags and events to trigger. But this game has a harder opponent to beat that is required for an Ending, not counting Rorona since you can just Tera Bomb all of the bosses to death.

• 2 weeks later...