First playthrough done

Just done my first playthrough on this game and there is a lot of different from the first game. In my view it is a bit harder, so I spend most of my time on the first playthrough making powerful weapon (well.. 2nd powerful as there is more powerful ingot but I think you can only get it on NG+) and armour, with some accessory.

It seem like the armor are less powerful (soul guard def was 50 in the first game, in plus it is 5 :eek:) and our skill seem to be weaker. But hopefully in NG+ using more powerful equipment and all of meruru dev equipment ( like traveller shoe, blessed coin etc which carry over to NG+) will give me more time to strengthen my team.

Here are the changes to meruru plus game from the first game

Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland

Just done my first playthrough on this game and there is a lot of different from the first game. In my view it is a bit harder, so I spend most of my time on the first playthrough making powerful weapon (well.. 2nd powerful as there is more powerful ingot but I think you can only get it on NG+) and armour, with some accessory.

It seem like the armor are less powerful (soul guard def was 50 in the first game, in plus it is 5 :eek:) and our skill seem to be weaker. But hopefully in NG+ using more powerful equipment and all of meruru dev equipment ( like traveller shoe, blessed coin etc which carry over to NG+) will give me more time to strengthen my team.

Any idea about the new ending, or new bosses? I've had the game sitting there for a few days, just haven't gotten around to starting it :o

Some of those made me cringe a little. :p But a lot of them are really cool sounding. I just bought it yesterday, but I need to clear some space on my memory card before I can start playing. Looking forward to it. :)

I hope that this game sold well so that maybe they will bring to west the Rorona's Remake (Vita) and maybe the Hyperdimension First Game Remake too.... I will wait for someone to make a guide of this game (looking at Dark_Raven :p)

I can tell you right now, any Atelier or HDN games that come to the west, I'll be guiding :cool:

I haven't attempt any of the new bosses or the new ending but I will do all the bosses and ending on NG+.

I can't imagine it being too much of a hassle, given all the free time you have at the end of the game. Hopefully the new weapons aren't stupidly difficult to make, though on the bright side it'll likely make the Masked G fight easier :D

Well I tried to beat some of the harder boss with one of my powerful meteor bomb that help me from the first game (on the PS3). But the trait I used for the bomb (cost bonus, effect bonus lvl 1 & 2) have been weaken A LOT. And because the dev points to increase the kingdom have increase by a few hundred points, the game is a lot harder to plat then it was (when it was on ps3). So there is more of a challenge here. I got one year to got and only got 63000 population (need 100000) but I did mess up a few thing on my NG+.

Well I tried to beat some of the harder boss with one of my powerful meteor bomb that help me from the first game (on the PS3). But the trait I used for the bomb (cost bonus, effect bonus lvl 1 & 2) have been weaken A LOT. And because the dev points to increase the kingdom have increase by a few hundred points, the game is a lot harder to plat then it was (when it was on ps3). So there is more of a challenge here. I got one year to got and only got 63000 population (need 100000) but I did mess up a few thing on my NG+.

Well hopefully the new end-game weapons make the those bosses a bit easier. I intend to follow Krystal's walkthrough for NG+ like I did on PS3, so hopefully that'll still be efficient enough to get everything.

Well.... I got all but one ending (Strongest Princess) and need to beat all the new strong monsters to get my plat. So at the moment I need to buff up my party. This is one of the hardest Atelier game to plat, by far. But still great fun :D.

Edit: Just got the plat. There is an "game breaking" trait that will help you to beat the strongest monsters but getting the trait and a few other trait is the hardest bit. You will need to beat all the Makina bosses and only one of the new strong monsters (not all the new strong monster) to get the plat.

Edited by souj83

• 2 weeks later...
Does Meruru's equipment like traveler shoes, etc carry over in newgame+ or just battle equipment?

It does. Be sure of unlocking the proper effects before finishing the first playthrough. ;)

In NG+ you start with all equipment items (including the developments) and all the cole you saved in your last playthrough. So, remember to sell everything before reaching an ending.

Anyone know what the requirements are for the new ending?

It requires you to first trigger the Witch's Tea Party ending (All of the Potion of Youth events + Alchemy lvl 50), after that a new scene will happen after 1/1 of year 5. Follow the event chain and the new ending will trigger.

• 3 weeks later...
Trying the beat Tower Devil in NG+ and having a real tough time. I've rolled every boss up until now (including the 3 Endless Corridor bosses) but he just obliterates me, and apparently you can't get the good traits until you beat him and the next boss. Any tips?

The best recommendation I have is to wait until you beat the fourth Endless Corridor boss( Challenge letter: ...). She drops an abyssal soul with Shadow essence on it that allows the weapon wielder to attack twice, but with longer wait times. Then concentrate on knockback skills (lias, pinwheel, etc) and buffing. Or just abuse the Gio loop. Gio + Shadow Essence + (skill or normal attack [not slash]) -> slash makes a really long loop usually more than enough to get his super once. I abused the Gio loop for all of Machina and the bonus bosses. You should be able to get a second copy of Shadow essence after the Tower Devil by following the left paths up before the bunnies. Its in a chest.

The best recommendation I have is to wait until you beat the fourth Endless Corridor boss( Challenge letter: ...). She drops an abyssal soul with Shadow essence on it that allows the weapon wielder to attack twice, but with longer wait times. Then concentrate on knockback skills (lias, pinwheel, etc) and buffing. Or just abuse the Gio loop. Gio + Shadow Essence + (skill or normal attack [not slash]) -> slash makes a really long loop usually more than enough to get his super once. I abused the Gio loop for all of Machina and the bonus bosses. You should be able to get a second copy of Shadow essence after the Tower Devil by following the left paths up before the bunnies. Its in a chest.

Oh, I didn't know there was a fourth endless corridor boss! I'll see if that letter appears and try it.

Beat the 4th Goddess and put Shadow Essence on Gio's weapon but this guy is still beating me just as badly. Guess the rest of my equipment isn't up to snuff.

Edited by Dragonslayer023

• 3 weeks later...

Beat the 4th Goddess and put Shadow Essence on Gio's weapon but this guy is still beating me just as badly. Guess the rest of my equipment isn't up to snuff.

Check out this thread:

Super ultimate equipments with high costs - Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland Message Board for PlayStation Vita - GameFAQs

Some of the items described there should not be too hard to make at that point (e.g. armors) and would help you get past that point.

Check out this thread:

Super ultimate equipments with high costs - Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland Message Board for PlayStation Vita - GameFAQs

Some of the items described there should not be too hard to make at that point (e.g. armors) and would help you get past that point.

Only problem is those things require essences that I can't get yet, otherwise this'll probably come in handy later.

Might have messed up by making Gio's weapon too high quality, need to try making that again.

Only problem is those things require essences that I can't get yet, otherwise this'll probably come in handy later.

Might have messed up by making Gio's weapon too high quality, need to try making that again.

Disassemble his weapon and make another Angel Stone (I assume that's what you're using at least) of really low quality, might not get it as low as you'd like but it'll at least lower it. Also gives you a chance to put other traits on.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Does anyone have any tips for someone who hasn't played any of the atelier games yet? I want to try (and platinum) this game, but the amount of info is so overwhelming, nevermind the time and planning which is apparently necessary in this game.

Even the guides seem overwhelming and not really clear enough and only roughly tell you what to do. For instance the only gamefaqs guide tells me right at the start to unequip the speedbelt so Meruru will attack last, while I don't even have a speedbelt...

Honestly I just don't want to have to a whole extra playthrough cause I missed something small. Any help would be really appreciated.