Asura's Wrath - Capcom's new IP

Pokkit_

• 2 weeks later...

My reactions:

Seeing Asura's face, teeth grinding.

"Dude, why you so mad?"

Camera zooms out, see about 15 spears in his torso.

"Oh..."

Anyway, I like what the CC2 teams are doing. They were talking about how the game itself is very Japanese but they say they are taking a lot of things that they have learned in order to create a worldly experience.

Not a Japanese game catered to Western audiences and not a Western game catered to Japanese audiences but a Japanese game catered to a World audience.

Taking a Japanese style game and creating something that everyone will like. Evolving Japanese style games as a whole, as opposed to throwing western style stuff into it.

"We are really looking to take what's interesting unique and interesting about Japanese and make something new and different but in a Japanese way but something we are very confident that the whole world will be very interested in. It's kinda more what we are trying to do."

I'm wondering if they can pull it off and hope they do. Since what I've seen looks in game, I am impressed so far.

Debut Trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-10-asuras-wrath/704488

Interview:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-10-asuras-wrath/705004

Edited by Dynames

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Somehow this game has escaped my radar until today!!

I've been reading up about it online, including a couple of reviews. The game looks and sounds really impressive. The apparent short length isn't putting me off, as long as what's there works, looking forward to picking this one up next month.