Akuma and Ryu DLC Missions

warturtle16

Any one know if you can do it all on easy and get the trophies? The game gets pretty rough (or I may be out of shape (in terms of the gameplay style) since it has been a while since I had this game (since I loaned out its awesomeness).

I did both trophies on easy difficulty. Have fun! :p

Sweet. I dloaded but Ryu and Akuma and the extra chapter...was going to go for all S on Hard on the extra chapter since teh get go. I only had a limited time but I wanted to play the Ryu story but he was kick me around on Hard! Medium was easier but I didn't know if I could have gone too long on it hahahaha

• 1 month later...
even on easy, a perfect against akuma is rising MY wrath. any tip for it?

If you are finding yourself getting overly frustrated take a break. After about 30+ fails I just took a break got a snack, showered and watched some friends then came back and got it on my 3rd try after that.

You have to be careful of his focus attack cause he can focus anything Asura does and kill you instantly. You also have to know about the fireball spacing and if you send one out he can jump over and hit you in the recovery frames. I don't have the game anymore so you'll have to figure out what I am saying on your own. It has some fundamentals from fighting games but overall it is luck based IMO.

Make sure you land the max combos each time, on the last :circle: hit make sure you hold it down to launch him in the air and then jump up quickly and start hitting :circle: again to continue the combo and then finish with :triangle:.

Usually after that you will have him in the corner and if you try to continue to pressure him he will likely easily focus whatever you try. You can preform an air fireball and if it hits it acts as a hit confirmation to continue your combo safely without worrying that Akuma will focus (must be AI thing). But the best thing to do after you combo him and get him in the corner is to back off and recover from the overheat while spamming fireballs (again, watch the range cause Akuma can punish them).

ok, thanks for the tip, i´ll try it

If you are finding yourself getting overly frustrated take a break. After about 30+ fails I just took a break got a snack, showered and watched some friends then came back and got it on my 3rd try after that.

You have to be careful of his focus attack cause he can focus anything Asura does and kill you instantly. You also have to know about the fireball spacing and if you send one out he can jump over and hit you in the recovery frames. I don't have the game anymore so you'll have to figure out what I am saying on your own. It has some fundamentals from fighting games but overall it is luck based IMO.

Make sure you land the max combos each time, on the last :circle: hit make sure you hold it down to launch him in the air and then jump up quickly and start hitting :circle: again to continue the combo and then finish with :triangle:.

Usually after that you will have him in the corner and if you try to continue to pressure him he will likely easily focus whatever you try. You can preform an air fireball and if it hits it acts as a hit confirmation to continue your combo safely without worrying that Akuma will focus (must be AI thing). But the best thing to do after you combo him and get him in the corner is to back off and recover from the overheat while spamming fireballs (again, watch the range cause Akuma can punish them).

What exactly are "all missions" that need to be completed to unlock the trophies? I'm pretty terrible at fighting games. How much of a problem are the fighting game sections of these missions? Do we just have to complete the episode, or are there missions where we need to do crazy stuff, like get a perfect on the fighting game sections?

What exactly are "all missions" that need to be completed to unlock the trophies? I'm pretty terrible at fighting games. How much of a problem are the fighting game sections of these missions? Do we just have to complete the episode, or are there missions where we need to do crazy stuff, like get a perfect on the fighting game sections?

Yes, one of the missions is to get a perfect KO. I'm not a fighting game guy myself, but with enough jump-attack circle-spamming, I managed to work my way through all the missions for both of the lost episodes.

Here are the complete mission lists:

Episode1

Mission 1: Get a K.O. with special attack!

Mission 2: Get a K.O. with health 50% gone!

Mission 3: Perform a 15-hit combo!

Mission 4: Get a K.O. in 40 seconds or less!

Mission 5: Get a perfect K.O.!

Episode 2

Mission 1: Perform 5 special attacks!

Mission 2: K.O. opponent with his Super Combo Gauge maxed out.

Mission 3: Get a K.O. in 40 seconds or less!

Mission 4: Get a perfect K.O.!

Mission 5: Win 10 consecutive matches via K.O.!

Yes, one of the missions is to get a perfect KO. I'm not a fighting game guy myself, but with enough jump-attack circle-spamming, I managed to work my way through all the missions for both of the lost episodes.

Here are the complete mission lists:

Episode1

Mission 1: Get a K.O. with special attack!

Mission 2: Get a K.O. with health 50% gone!

Mission 3: Perform a 15-hit combo!

Mission 4: Get a K.O. in 40 seconds or less!

Mission 5: Get a perfect K.O.!

Episode 2

Mission 1: Perform 5 special attacks!

Mission 2: K.O. opponent with his Super Combo Gauge maxed out.

Mission 3: Get a K.O. in 40 seconds or less!

Mission 4: Get a perfect K.O.!

Mission 5: Win 10 consecutive matches via K.O.!

Thanks.

Hmmm...still might be worth it, though. Maybe I'll get 'em next time I have some extra money in my PSN wallet.

You... watched your friends..? Why? You can join in too you know, have other people watch you with your friends that are not your friends. Are they really your friends?

on topic: Best dlc ever, I'm pumped they came out with it. I'll definitely get it when I get the game.

Just to add to what QuantumMercury has said, the perfct KO on Akuma can be seen on two difficulty levels: -

1 - Fairly straight forwards if you're experienced with fighting games or Akuma's Move-set

2 - Challenging to hard if you're inexperienced with this game format and the moveset.

I found that there were two ways to achieve a perfect KO; extreme aggression or a "wait and counter" approach.

Extreme Aggression: Bit like playing a lottery this one. Akuma in my few hours on this started with either a focus (he absorbs a hit and counters yours) or he sent an orange fireball at me. Waiting half a second or so after the match started, he typically went with the firebal, which gives you a lead for a 17 hit combo and getting Akuma into a corner. Pretty much rinse / repeat and you'll be done.

Wait and Counter: Takes a little more practice but a lot more fun. Despite his wider move-set Akuma is fairly predictable. Keeping a distance he'll focus rather more than he should, which counts for a free ranged attack. His fireballs are easily avoided and you get more use out of your heavy attacks.

A quick note on the RB roll. It doesn't make you invincible during the animation as in the normal game but it does give you a lot of mobility. Used defensively, its great.

• 2 weeks later...
You... watched your friends..? Why? You can join in too you know, have other people watch you with your friends that are not your friends. Are they really your friends?

on topic: Best dlc ever, I'm pumped they came out with it. I'll definitely get it when I get the game.

Friends the TV show lmao!

Just to add to what QuantumMercury has said, the perfct KO on Akuma can be seen on two difficulty levels: -

1 - Fairly straight forwards if you're experienced with fighting games or Akuma's Move-set

2 - Challenging to hard if you're inexperienced with this game format and the moveset.

I found that there were two ways to achieve a perfect KO; extreme aggression or a "wait and counter" approach.

Extreme Aggression: Bit like playing a lottery this one. Akuma in my few hours on this started with either a focus (he absorbs a hit and counters yours) or he sent an orange fireball at me. Waiting half a second or so after the match started, he typically went with the firebal, which gives you a lead for a 17 hit combo and getting Akuma into a corner. Pretty much rinse / repeat and you'll be done.

Wait and Counter: Takes a little more practice but a lot more fun. Despite his wider move-set Akuma is fairly predictable. Keeping a distance he'll focus rather more than he should, which counts for a free ranged attack. His fireballs are easily avoided and you get more use out of your heavy attacks.

A quick note on the RB roll. It doesn't make you invincible during the animation as in the normal game but it does give you a lot of mobility. Used defensively, its great.

I don't think I once used the roll, dammit why didn't I remember this it could've saved me a few times when I needed to "back dash" or something. Even if you are familiar with fighting games the Akuma mission can be stupid if you do not take the right approach. I agree with you that aggression is easily punished which is why after my fails I decided to finally play defensively instead of rush down like I played the rest of the game and I got it on my third try. It took me a while to realize he can just focus anything you do -_- and the fact you cannot execute frame traps from attack pressure or block is why I think it is luck based.

Edited by QuantumMercury

• 3 months later...

It must've taken me 65+ tries to get a perfect KO with Akuma but in the end my main strategy was to spam Asura's projectile weapon (square) and roll back whenever he'd jump towards me. But, i would start the match holding Circle follow by a special attack when he falls to ground. That's when i would immediately roll back and start spamming square. I also used this strategy on my 10 wins in a row. Worked pretty well since i got it in my 2nd try. Be weary of getting in close cause if he has his ultra ready chances are he'll use it and leave you dead or crippled.

• 3 weeks later...
So i just got this game a few weeks ago. i was able to complete all missions for ryu last night after a few hours. But the 2nd guy is giving me more trouble. Im stuck on the mission where i need to ko him in 40 seconds. Is there anyway to block or break his blocks?

I'm an average fighter at best and after reading some posts was thinking that i might not be able to get these done - but I did.

Anyway, the way I beat that particular challenge was to start with a jumping fireball and then follow up with a :circle: combo. He should now be knocked out on the ground, ready for you to follow up with Asura's :triangle: special.

After this, pull back and repeat. If you see him going for his focus attack, that's a good time to go in for the kill. Just watch his ultra bar as if he catches you with that - it's game over.

As for breaking his blocks - if you keep attacking with :circle: you can catch him with the last 1-2 hits.

I imagine others have posted using similar tactics against Akuma - but yes he is more difficult to fight against than Ryu. Until that is, you learn his attack patterns and then he becomes so much easier.

BTW the last mission is to beat him 10 times in a row, a la survival.

Good luck

Edited by NightCrawler-72

Anyway, the way I beat that particular challenge was to start with a jumping fireball and then follow up with a :circle: combo. He should now be knocked out on the ground, ready for you to follow up with Asura's :triangle: special.

These were the methods that I used. Started by doing a jumping fireball, then performing the max combo, doing this takes a good 1/3 of his health. I then just continued to be aggressive, dodging his attacks as necessary.

I thought the K.O Akuma in under 40 seconds was the toughest mission.

• 1 month later...