Astro Tripper - Trophy Guide

matt2005usaf

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/67/000.jpgPod Oppressor(B)

Destroy 10 mutated pods in any one level of Training Grounds.

You can easily do this on the first level. When the game starts, a bunch of pods (enemies) will spawn. If you let them live for about 10-15 seconds they will mutate. Let 10 of these do this and kill them. Each mutated pod will net you 500 points without any multiplier.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/67/000.jpgSpidery Point(B)

Destroy the Spider Boss on Arachnophobia Without Destroying Any of its Weapons.

This is achieved on the Third level in the Training Grounds world. What you need to do is first clear the level of all pods. Once the Arachnoid appears move to one of the blast doors on either side of the map. Once there the Arachnoid will not be able to come too close to you. He will shoot missiles first, so dodge them. He will then shoot some kind of energy that you can shoot so that it will not hit you. Be very careful shooting the energy as to not hit the spiders weapons. Once you shoot the energy he should open his mouth. When that happens shoot his belly, but beware...he will shoot back some energy that is pretty fast. You should only have to do this twice if you shoot fast enough.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/67/000.jpgTank Oppressor(B)

Destroy 20 tanks in sequence.

You can get this in the first level of the second world 'Claustrophobia'. The level has two sides but don't worry about it right now. For this trophy you need to destroy 20 tanks in a row without killing anything else so when you start the level, go to the left where the tanks come out of the two holes. Just destroy them every time they come up, but be sure to dodge the turret thing that will appear behind you as it shoots missiles. Once you rack up 20 the trophy is yours.

Edited by Terminator
Guide Revision by Terminator 11/07/2013.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/67/003.jpgTank Sympathizer(S)

Destroy both generators on Claustrophobia without killing a Tank.

This can be somewhat difficult. This is on the second map of the 'Dreadnoughts' world. There are generators on both sides of the map. Easiest way is to take out the generator on the left side and then take out the right side. On the right side there will be three tanks and you will have to dodge their bullets to take out the generator.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/67/003.jpgFly Swatter(S)

Destroy 3 Flypods within 5 seconds on any level of Insect Infestation.

You can get this in the first level of the third world 'Insect Infestation'. Toward the end of the level there will be 6 Flypods that come at you...3 on the left and 3 on the right. Pick a row and shoot as fast as you can to take all 3 down within 5 seconds.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/67/003.jpgSneeky Incursion(S)

Destroy the Boss without opening more than one outer door. Only 1 of the 3 outer doors may be opened to any degree.

This can be achieved against the boss of the fourth level of the 'Temple of Gods' world. You need to destroy two orbs that are next to/ adjacent to each other. They will have a door in between them. When you destroy the orbs it opens the door. You can only open one door. When you go through the door he uses a yellow laser that is very easy to avoid. Basically try to stay in rotation with the door that you created, because if the battle gets to hectic you can exit back through the door. When you've shot him enough he will go berserk and send out a wave and the room will go the opposite direction. When this happens get out NOW! Repeat this until he's dead.

Edited by matt2005usaf

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/67/005.jpgWorm Tangle(G)

Destroy 3 Worms in sequence on The Ooze.

This can be achieved on the second level of the 'Insect Infestation' world. There will be needle enemies on both sides of the map. Your goal is to eliminate as much of them as possible. Then worms will start to appear. Do not shoot them but continue to eliminate enemies as careful as possible not to hit the worms. Try to get the screen as clear as possible and take down 3 worms in a row and you should get the trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/67/005.jpgWheel Collector(G)

Complete level Fizz Wheels without killing a Fizz Wheel, ( the rolling wheels connected by a laser ).

Probably the hardest trophy in the game. This trophy requires both luck and skill. This can be achieved on the second level of the 'Temple of Gods' world. There will be Wheels that are paired together. Your goal is to complete the level without killing any of these things. You can shoot them just don't kill them. The part that makes this trophy so hard is you have to have the last regular pod killed with about 40 seconds left on the clock, which will allow the Fizz Wheels enough time to exit the level and the level will end.

Thanks to chucknorris078 for the last 3 trophy methods!

Edited by matt2005usaf

Good Job on the guide so far, I finished it before the US received it and I'm trying to remember the exact levels that i obtained the trophies you don't have listed.

Edit: Okay played the game a bit again:

Sneaky Incursion: On the Final Boss of the game, (4th level of the Temple of Gods) you need to destroy two orbs that are next to/ adjacent to each other. They will have a door in between them. When you destroy the orbs it opens the door. You can only open one door. When you go through the door he has an attack that is very easy to avoid.... a yellow laser. Basically try to stay in rotation with the door that you've created, because if the battle gets too hectic you can exit back through the door. When you've shot him enough he will go beserk and send out a wave and the room will spin- the opposite direction. When this happens get out NOW!!! Repeat this until he's dead.

Worms Tangle: Go to the second level of The Ooze episode, There will be needle enemies on both sides of the map. Your goal is to eliminate as much of them as possible. Soon afterwords Worms will start to appear. Do not shoot them but continue to eliminate enemies as carefull as possible not to hit the worms. When you have 3 worms on the screen and you feel confidant that you can shoot them and not any other baddies, kill 3 of them one after the other for the trophy.

Wheel Collector: Probably the hardest trophy in the game, lots of skill and luck involved. On level 2 of the Temple of Gods there will be Wheels that are paired together. Your goal is to complete the level without killing any of these things. You can shoot them just don't kill them. The part that makes this trophy hard is you have to have the last regular baddie killed without about 40 seconds on the clock, so you give the Fizz Wheels enough time to exit the level and for the level to complete.

Well man hope this helps, feel free to cut and paste or pretty it up or not.

Edited by chucknorris078

If the spider trophy is the hardest one, im in for an easy ride, its the second trophy i got, without even trying for it. I was just dodging and shooting when he opened his mouth lol. Btw, on my trophy list it does say not to destroy his guns.

One thing that is irritating to me is having to replay from the first level when dieing, other than that its pretty fun.

If the spider trophy is the hardest one, im in for an easy ride, its the second trophy i got, without even trying for it. I was just dodging and shooting when he opened his mouth lol. Btw, on my trophy list it does say not to destroy his guns.

One thing that is irritating to me is having to replay from the first level when dieing, other than that its pretty fun.

I highlight in red just to give people a heads up about the actual description of the trophy...not the difficulty. But I will have to turn my PS3 on and check the trophy description on there. On all the websites it has the trophy description I have below the trophy.

These trophies were a bit too easy :p. Got em all in a little over an hour. Getting the spider trophy was hilarious though(mostly because I literally killed him in 3-4 seconds XD(after he opened his mouth))

Had a blast though. Sly one's Euphorasm Vol.3(A Celebration), fitted so perfectly while playing the game too(I highly reccommend playing the game while listening to it :D). Sucks the game doesn't have its own music though. D:

Edited by Skittles

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's what I did to get Tank Sympathizer easier:

Only use the spread shot on the generators. Get right up to them and you'll do more damage than a straight shot. This lets you destroy them faster and there will be less tanks when you go after the second one. Make sure all the weapon upgrades you pick up in the level 1 are upgrades to the spread shot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah this is pretty easy so far. I've gotten the 6 trophies for the first three "worlds" in about an hour or so of play time. I guess the last two are a bit harder but this definitely is an easy 100%. Just takes a little getting used to the sensitivity in steering the ship with the analog stick.