XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Digital Only PS3 Games > A (PSN) > Astro Tripper

View Poll Results: Rate the trophy difficulty.
1 - Very Easy 10 6.41%
2 10 6.41%
3 29 18.59%
4 35 22.44%
5 34 21.79%
6 12 7.69%
7 10 6.41%
8 6 3.85%
9 5 3.21%
10 - Very Hard 5 3.21%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #51 (permalink)

2 for me, took only like 2 hours. Very easy trophies, was hoping for more challenge. But fun game though.
Luxurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:20 AM   #52 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Baqsam

I voted 6/10, but it could also be somewhere near 4 or 5. The first thing you want to do is get in the habit of constantly replaying worlds in order to unlock a trophy even if you just need a trophy in the third level of a world and so on. You need to be able to basically fine tune your movements to avoid enemy projectiles, repeatedly mash to use the main machine gun, know when to alternate to the (red) gun, and order your approach to the enemies in the specific level. The hard trophies come from being good at the aforementioned factors and you have to get familiar with the levels until you can finally get the requirements that will seem rather far-fetched at the beginning. The trophies that took me many attempts were:
  • Spidery Point: watch out for the wide laser beam and make sure to step to the side when shooting at the blue projectiles, then quickly go back to shoot the spider's open 'mouth'.
  • Tank Sympathizer: get very close to the generators and use the red gun (as it seems stronger) while occasionally dodging approaching projectiles.
  • Worm Tangle: when you see two worms, shoot them on the head to kill them and then keep dodging until the third worm approaches. Also, I think you can get away with many hits on the worms' bodies without killing them when you are aiming for other enemies and I think that's because they don't get damaged unless you're hitting them on the head.
  • Wheel Collector: I think not hitting the wheels even if you are not going for the trophy is always the better tactic. The difference is that, if you are not going for the trophy, you can destroy the wheels remaining at the end so that you don't have to wait them out for the level to be completed. So, yeah, make sure to destroy everything with about 40 seconds left on the clock so that you can wait for the wheels to go off the screen. I also discovered (AFAIK) that you can shoot through the wheels' electric/laser beams, sparing you from trying to maneuver around them to destroy enemies.
  • Sneaky Incursion: while dodging projectiles, go to the far back in order to easily dodge the belt-like projectiles, but also try to get close when you see the open door approaching. When shooting at the boss in the middle, only do so when you know the open door is close by.
Regardless, just keep trying and you will get your targeted trophy in a short amount of time. I got everything in probably 2-4 hours and over the course of four hectic days.
The game itself is pretty fun and responsive, albeit a slightly misleading color scheme that might make you mistake a power-up orb for an enemy projectile.

Last edited by Baqsam; 03-25-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Baqsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:07 AM   #53 (permalink)

I rated 5
Not a complete impossible game
But some trophies can be really frustrating
Like "kill 3 worms in sequence

But overal
Really fun if you get bored
On a rainy sunday afternoon!
Draqua666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #54 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Word of Mouth - Silver   Guide Supplement Bronze   2,500 Posts   Helping Hand   Bronze Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

i give it 1. very easy game. no trouble to get 100% with me

Ryuujin is my name. Now go on my youtube to watch me game!
My Trophy Guides l Youtube Channel l My Facebook l DeviantArt l
DEVILRYUUJIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #55 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to maceulinho Send a message via Skype™ to maceulinho

Fast and easy. 2 is my vote.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:12 AM   #56 (permalink)

Found it hard to decide on this one. To start with I was having all sorts of trouble and thought this would be a really tough game to 100%... then suddenly everything clicked into place and a trophy popped every time I went for one.

So I hedged my bets and gave it a 4.

I'm looking for co-op partners in: Castle Crashers (You Are Insane, Kay Eye Ess Ess, Conscientious Objector).

PM me here or on PSN (same name) to arrange.

Please do not send friend requests that are blank or just say "PS3T". They will be ignored.
Solarisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #57 (permalink)

Smile

hate this game
on training grounds wave 3 I going always be dead
its a damn hard game for me
iliveforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #58 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I've never played this type of game before so I had few struggles but nothing more. I voted it a 4.

160 GAMES DONE!!

Last edited by TheSoldierKid01; 06-24-2011 at 08:06 AM.
TheSoldierKid01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #59 (permalink)

Got it in 2 hours, was fun, voted 2
Hatak2048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #60 (permalink)

I'm giving this annoying game a 4.

I found it difficult because of the controls. The button mapping is weird and it feels like a platformer during an ice stage where you're constantly fighting to go the direction you want. The trophy for the final boss took me hours to get, all the other ones required only a few tries.