A small help for Sneeky Incurasion

c60anniversary

After you shoot your weapon to the core at certain amount,the core will blast some wave that will do instant kill to you if you stay inside the big circle,so of course you have to get out from the door, but here comes the point: Just get out the door when it locate in the upper or botton part of the screen, if you do so,you can see that you are jamed in the big circle and board of screen, you CAN avoid everything in this place, but still, you must push your anolgy stick to balance your position and wait to go inside again.

After three or four times,the Sneeky Incurasion is yours.

PS:don't know if anyone has posted before, if do,just delete this one.

I personally found this method tougher to do than the normal method of backing out of the door into the side areas. The sensitivity of the ship movement doesn't help here... the ring spins faster and faster as you go along and I just found it much easier to move back into the side areas and dodge stuff there.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some basic tips for anyone trying to get this trophy.

• Don't attempt this when you are tired, or expect to be disturbed by phone calls or other things. I used the same strategy for Super Stardust, and that is to attempt this on early morning or at night. I usually perform better at night when the world around me is sleeping.

• Turn off your notifications from the XMB.

• You need to focus. Drink some coffee (I had three cups) and dim the lights.

• Turn down the volume on the TV. You need to hear when the boss attacks but it gets annoying to hear the same sounds over and over again after a few tries.

• Try not to die more than once on the levels before the boss. One is OK but it's frustrating to only get one shot at it when you arrive at the boss so if you restart you are less likely to get angry when you die. I also made sure to fully upgrade the blue weapon to make sure I'd do as much damage as possible to the boss, because speed is important later. Use the first levels before the boss to prepare your brain with dodging, and prepare your blue weapon for the final battle.

• During the battle learn to dodge the small rocks (or whatever they are, coconuts?) without looking at them. Super Stardust prepared me for dodging things without looking directly at them. Instead pay attention to the big holes that shoot the "lightning-net" or whatever.

• You can only open one door. I think I shot three pods to open it just a little more than the clip I saw on youtube where he only shot two. This makes it easier to get in and out when the boss speeds up. When you open the door, try to synch it so that you can get more than two pods in one go. If it rotates clockwise and there are four pods (two on either side), try to get started on the bottom two as soon as they are exposed by staying on the top of the screen. If it would've gone counter-clockwise, you would've stayed in the bottom half. Be prepared for when a new section comes up and get them all (three or more) in one go.

• I didn't have to shoot those lightning pods at all. But I saw a clip on youtube where the guy constantly shot at the hole where they came from. This made me open another door by accident so I just dodged them by staying close to the top and bottom and out of its line of fire when it shot.

• When you shoot the center of the boss go in there with confidence otherwise you might not trigger it before it gets you with its beams.

• When you're done shooting in the middle, quickly back out. I didn't flip the ship until I was outside again. Quickly change to the red weapon and shoot the enemies as fast as possible that have appeared on the side. Do it fast and get some distance between you and the boss so you wont get hit in the back. It's harder to auto-dodge the rocks/coconuts when you come out because your brain hasn't had time to turn the autopilot back on since last time.

• Quickly flip the ship again and change weapon while staying to the far right and start the process over again.

By doing this I actually got the trophy on my third try tonight. I haven't really tried before because I know this trophy qualifies as one that require your full concentration (super stardust, lumines supernova, wipeout hd trophies etc). The first time tonight I had one life when I arrived at the boss. The second time I had all lives left and on the first life I accidently opened another door trying to shoot the lightning thing. On the second life everything went smooth for some reason. I just dodged it by staying really close to the rotating boss thing when I saw the holes with the lightning coming up. Get the rhythm down and this is easy compared to many other shooters. It's just annoying that you have to complete the other levels before you get a new shot if you die. I'd say focus is more important than patience, cause you really need to do things on autopilot while simultaneously getting your mission done.

Edited by loscil

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
• Don't attempt this when you are tired, or expect to be disturbed by phone calls or other things. I used the same strategy for Super Stardust, and that is to attempt this on early morning or at night. I usually perform better at night when the world around me is sleeping.

• Turn off your notifications from the XMB.

• You need to focus. Drink some coffee (I had three cups) and dim the lights.

• Turn down the volume on the TV. You need to hear when the boss attacks but it gets annoying to hear the same sounds over and over again after a few tries.

WTF is this :rolleyes: You're making it sound like the trophy is much harder than it really is.

For me it was a simple matter of opening one door, getting inside and shooting the core, then move back to the space where the door was to escape the wave, then jump back in. With this method you don't even need to deal with the enemies outside.

• 3 months later...

I found that staying on the right side (where you start the level) and just shooting at the boss whenever the door's in front of you to be the best method.

Rather then staying in the middle of the right section and trying to dodge the laser walls it shoots at you, I found that keeping an eye on the opening that the laser walls come out of to be more efficeint. Since that way, you'll know if you want to be sticking to the top when the opening's at the bottom, etc.

Does that make sense? :p

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

For me it was a simple matter of opening one door, getting inside and shooting the core, then move back to the space where the door was to escape the wave, then jump back in. With this method you don't even need to deal with the enemies outside.

Thanks for that strat! The lightning gates on the outside were driving me nuts, but this one worked the first time around!