General glitch thread

Hi all,

A big game like this is bound to have glitches so therefore this thread where we can post (minor) glitches for others to enjoy/worry about.

So if you encounter a glitch post them here.

As for me I have encountered 2 glitches so far (I'm at about 50%):

The first is in an assassin's contract where you have to kill a man named Juan Garcia in Matanzas. At some point he's at a dock where I sank the ship he was supposed to go on (I think) resulting in him being marked to kill but no longer present at the dock. Only the mark floats in mid air.

The second is that a treasure I found (a harpoon upgrade) didn't register as being found even though I could (and have bought) the harpoon upgrade.

They might screw me out on the 100% at this save. So I hope others will be luckier or able to avoid them.

Got a problem with collectibles too. A viewpoint in havana didn't register. At first, i just told myself it would be patched eventually, but i just couldn't get it off my mind, and finally started over (at 50%). I can't be sure it would have interfered with the 100%, but it's likely. I'd recommend doing back up saves every now and then, and, as i'm doing now, going through all viewpoints/collectibles in an area in one go.

Hi guys i was playing with my ps3 and i was on the castle , i was on a tower and i Pressed Square to assasinate one guard on the ground , and when i jumbed on him we both droped down from stage , not sth so crazy but ... wtf :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCw0j5Krbac&list=PLywSJ_fiONHRWwyazEFEQaW4q3_4-P63V&index=7]Assassins creed black flag ps3 Glich bug - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by GameSolutions

I lost mine on my last diving bell mission at the Kabah ruins.

I'm about to start the 1st diving bell mission, know if you did anything different then with the others?

And i think another glitch happen to me shown in video and details in description!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBrrzHTXQSw]Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Can't finish "Salt Key Bank - Assassin Contract 28 - Shady Business" - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by gtasthehunter

I'm about to start the 1st diving bell mission, know if you did anything different then with the others?

And i think another glitch happen to me shown in video and details in description!

Nope, can't think of anything. But now that I think back on it, it may not have been after the Shrine db mission that I got hit. It was after that one that I noticed it, but I did them all in a row so it could have been sooner. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Nope, can't think of anything. But now that I think back on it, it may not have been after the Shrine db mission that I got hit. It was after that one that I noticed it, but I did them all in a row so it could have been sooner. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

You did them all after finishing the story? That seems te be the case with all people who had this glitch. I did all the diving bell missions and haven't finished the story yet and did not run into that glitch.

Got a problem with collectibles too. A viewpoint in havana didn't register. At first, i just told myself it would be patched eventually, but i just couldn't get it off my mind, and finally started over (at 50%). I can't be sure it would have interfered with the 100%, but it's likely. I'd recommend doing back up saves every now and then, and, as i'm doing now, going through all viewpoints/collectibles in an area in one go.

This isn't ACIII, you don't need to 100% the whole game, just all of the major story missions..

You did them all after finishing the story? That seems te be the case with all people who had this glitch. I did all the diving bell missions and haven't finished the story yet and did not run into that glitch.

No, haven't finished the story yet. I just like to hit everything as soon as I can.

Getting 100% synchronisation is part of the abstergo challenges, which you need to complete in order to unlock employee of the month trophy, and ultimately, the platinum.

"..." :D

You only need 25 Abstergo challenges to get the Employee of the Month trophy, and there are 25 easy/easier ones to get. I have the trophy already and am only on sequence 6. So just worry about the main missions to get 100% synchronization on. No sense in doing more than you need to. :)

As far as glitches go, I encountered one at the end of the final memory in sequence 3. [spoiler=kjfkdjka] After tailing the ship, you're instructed on how to avoid mortar fire, and after that, you're required to sink 8 ships. After sinking the 8 ships a cutscene should play.

If the final item under the spoiler tag doesn't occur, you may have to replay the memory like I did.

Edited by I Bleed Green

You only need 25 Abstergo challenges to get the Employee of the Month trophy, and there are 25 easy/easier ones to get. I have the trophy already and am only on sequence 6. So just worry about the main missions to get 100% synchronization on. No sense in doing more than you need to. :)

Yes it's a easy trophy, I have the trophy on the sequence 3 :whistle:

I have a glitch on my map. In the southwestern part of the map, on my map it shows a Naval Convoy. I went to sail to it, and it was just the white R floating above the water and no ships. So I fast traveled to an island close to it and went back to see if it spawned. Well it didn't spawn but a Royal Convoy did. I blew it up, took the loot and fast traveled to the same spot I went last time. Went back and the Royal Convoy was there again.

Needless to say, I kept repeating the fast travel enough times to complete the Abstergo challenge of be in possession of 100,000 reales.

I just beat the game about 20 minutes ago, and I went into free-roam and the Royal Convoy is still showing up!

A glitch for the 100% objectives in Vainglorious Bastards (sequence 8 mission 2). The objective for ramming the ship might not register. Not sure what's causing it, but I've seen 2 other people who had it and like me they fully upgraded the ship and defeated all legendary ships which gains a ramming ability. My guess is that gaining that ability *might* have something to do with it.