XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > A (PS3) > Assassin's Creed III

Old 11-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to jvaferreira

Awards Showcase PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Default Hunting - help needed

Is anyone else having problems finding animals in the hunting regions? I have one animal missing in John's Town, after makiing a search I found out it was elk. I have been searching the are for one for more that one hour now and I can't find one
jvaferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not sure where John's Town was, but if there's a river nearby there's a good chance there are beavers. If there are buildings, probably raccoons.
CaptainNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm working on Hunting Map, what animals would be best to add too it. like ones that don't' go near towns and harder to find! plan to add all animals sooner or later! and maybe clue locations! if find clue it counts as finding the animal too! if clue stay in the same places!

But I'm done with My hunting map so not sure where to look again for some of the animals, but have some recordings will be looking thru again to find some animals locations! sometimes didn't show map after finding most of the animals!

I could upload image if anyone wants to help?

HyperNepV Drops: http://goo.gl/y8BnJ
The Last of Us YouTube Playlist:http://goo.gl/KXPoL

twitch.tv >http://goo.gl/c6HqWv

GamerCards in Spolier! Only shows on my 1st post!
gtasthehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

jvaferreira,

Just set your custom marker for one area of John's Town...go there and look around the area...if nothing...set your marker for another area of John's Town...wash rinse and repeat til you find the missing animal. Remember to check every clue...you may get lucky and discover your missing animal that way.

I had the same problem with my last animal as well. I spent like two hours looking all through an area before I found it.

Last edited by sum1_worsethan_u; 11-10-2012 at 02:20 PM.
sum1_worsethan_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

I think this is the list you're looking for:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN.com
You do not need to kill one of every available animal in each area, you only need to discover them. This means that for each animal, you can either kill it, or analyse a clue it left. Either method counts as a discovery.

Black Creek: hare, beaver, elk, bobcat
Valley Forge: hare, beaver, raccoon, elk
Packanack: hare, beaver, bobcat, bear
Monmouth: hare, elk, raccoon, fox
Troy's Wood: hare, deer, elk, wolf
Scotch Plains: hare, deer, cougar, raccoon
Lexington: hare, raccoon, fox, deer
Great Piece Hills: hare, elk, wolf, bobcat
John's Town: hare, bear, fox, elk
Kanien:keh: hare, fox, deer, cougar
Diamond Basin: beaver, deer, wolf, cougar
Concord: hare, raccoon, deer, beaver
Homestead: hare, wolf, fox, beaver, raccoon, elk, deer
You'll need all of these for one of the hunting challenges. Like it says, you'll need to kill/skin them or simply analyze clue. For one of the challenges, you'll also need to skin every type of animal. So hit both the birds with a stone, if you like.

When your cursor is on Hunting Map, hit right and you'll see what animals you've already captured in any of the area. If you hit Square button and read up on them, you'll also see which ones you can lure with bait, and which ones you can use the traps to catch - very helpful information.

The bitches are fox and bobcat (I think) because they run away if you approach them noisily. If they don't leave a clue, be ready with your bow to kill them. You'll get back your arrow too if you skin the animal.

Also Beaver sucks to find in Valley Forge - they're on the island NorthEast of Packanack. Elks in the homestead are in the complete west/middle of the map. You'll knock off a few of the homestead animals through the homestead missions (hunting line).

Hope this saves you a lot of time.
Zanish09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvaferreira View Post
Is anyone else having problems finding animals in the hunting regions? I have one animal missing in John's Town, after makiing a search I found out it was elk. I have been searching the are for one for more that one hour now and I can't find one
If I remember correctly, you'll want to check the area just south of the entrance to the Homestead (not all the way down by the water, where the bears are, just walk from the Homestead entrance fast travel spot) to find the elks in that area.
kaerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Community Gaming Event Platinum   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Word of Mouth - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff - Guide Team   Bronzer Than Nothing   Gold  Road Map Submitter   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanish09 View Post
I think this is the list you're looking for:

You'll need all of these for one of the hunting challenges. Like it says, you'll need to kill/skin them or simply analyze clue. For one of the challenges, you'll also need to skin every type of animal. So hit both the birds with a stone, if you like.

When your cursor is on Hunting Map, hit right and you'll see what animals you've already captured in any of the area. If you hit Square button and read up on them, you'll also see which ones you can lure with bait, and which ones you can use the traps to catch - very helpful information.

The bitches are fox and bobcat (I think) because they run away if you approach them noisily. If they don't leave a clue, be ready with your bow to kill them. You'll get back your arrow too if you skin the animal.

Also Beaver sucks to find in Valley Forge - they're on the island NorthEast of Packanack. Elks in the homestead are in the complete west/middle of the map. You'll knock off a few of the homestead animals through the homestead missions (hunting line).

Hope this saves you a lot of time.
Wait, so you don't need to kill every animal to have it added to the map? Only analyse clues?

This would save me a ton of time! As I've already killed one of every animal so just need to complete the map.
Darth_Krid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

remember when you do hunt them, its much quicker to just shoot them than try catch some of them
Mickymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Krid View Post
Wait, so you don't need to kill every animal to have it added to the map? Only analyse clues?
Correct. Analyzing clues will add the animal to your map. Really helps with animals that like to run away if you don't make a stealthy approach.
Zanish09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 2012 PS3T Madden Champion   Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Also, try coming back during a different time of day. I found that some animals are out at night and some during the day. For example, wolves and raccoons are much more abundant at night and deer and elk favor the daylight.
TINxCUP is offline   Reply With Quote