Assassin's Creed Unity Delayed

Ariost

Same day as Rogue. Interesting....

Also, am I the only one who thinks a day 1 patch equals laziness?

Would you rather have it delayed an extra two weeks or have a day one patch? Because that's normally what the patches are for, to fix any other bugs that might come up in between the game being printed and actually releasing.

I do think it's somewhat odd though that they're already 100% there will be one 3 months before the game comes out.

So seeing as how it's a 4 week delay, and a day one patch, it's actually more like a 6 week delay? That's pretty massive...

And don't get me started on my day one patch rant. Pretty sure I've spouted off about that on here at least once. It involves Super Mario Bros on the NES...game dev's today use it as a crutch. And I hate it.

Why am I not surprised that Ubisoft does this. Not only is it delayed by a few weeks, but launches with a day-one patch too, it makes a person worry for the game. I still have high hopes that this game will do better than previous titles over the past couple of years, but from the way it is now, it's not off to a good start.

Why am I not surprised that Ubisoft does this. Not only is it delayed by a few weeks, but launches with a day-one patch too, it makes a person worry for the game. I still have high hopes that this game will do better than previous titles over the past couple of years, but from the way it is now, it's not off to a good start.

As long as it's not anything like the clusterfuck ACIII, or the social events on ACIV, we should be somewhat good. :think:

Would you rather have it delayed an extra two weeks or have a day one patch? Because that's normally what the patches are for, to fix any other bugs that might come up in between the game being printed and actually releasing.

I do think it's somewhat odd though that they're already 100% there will be one 3 months before the game comes out.

I'd rather them have it not buggy right out of the gate if that's what you mean.

All this does is guarantee Unity ends up on my Christmas list now. I'm getting Rogue day 1, though.

It's going to have a day 1 patch as well :p

Hadn't heard about the patch, why do they need it? I assume they haven't gone gold yet?

To annoy the customers of course. :facepalm:

A lot of big games these days has a day one patch. I'm not in favour of them releasing a game that needs to be patched immediately, but that's how it is nowadays.

I'd rather have a semi-functioning game with the day one patch, than a game-breaking glitch without the patch.

^^^ Look at that sentence. Sad how it's become.

• 3 weeks later...