Question about reaching 7 trainees to master assassin

So I played through the game and only recruited 2 or 3 trainees wasn't going for trophies my first round. In free roam I can't find any Assasins to recruit do I have to play through the whole game again? Or when I'm going for 100% sync can I recruit them through there and they will be in free roam? Thanks for your help.

You will need to capture more of the Templar Dens to recruit more assassins, they appear as the tower sort of icon on the map and are in red areas :)

Thanks so basically I just need to capture dens, do the defence tower mission and do guild quests in order to recruit more Assassins? Then will the assassins show on the map?

Thanks so basically I just need to capture dens, do the defence tower mission and do guild quests in order to recruit more Assassins? Then will the assassins show on the map?

When you capture more dens, little icons will appear on the map to allow you to recruit more assassins. That is all you need to do :)

Obviously then you will have to rank them up using the Med Defence thing from the pigeon coops ;)

That's easy enough then except when the Templar runs away because he's a coward then you have to come back half an hour later which will be the next day.

Yeah they are quite irritating. Sometimes its worth just making a mad dash straight into enemy territory and trying to catch him. You can always get your assassins to finish him off if he seems to be getting away

Every time you capture a Templar Den, you are allowed 2 more recuits...netting you the full 12 once all dens are captured. Though be mindful, any time you get into the "Aware" State, if you're in it for too long, and haven't set a level 10 Assassin to a Den that has been captured, and done his Master Assassin mission, the Templars can recapture it, causing you to have to play those annoying Den Defense missions. Anytime you are free to roam around...just send your Assassins on missions, don't let them linger for too long.

• 11 months later...

Just picked this up to finally wrap up the Desmond story arch myself and am having similar issues with the Master Assassins.

I finally got 7 assassins at level 10, so I now want to assign them to a den each. Thing is, even though I captured all dens, they are not being displayed on my map. Neither in the "total overview" nor in the alternative view activated by pressing R1 on the map. And yes, all mini markers are activated and I can see the first den that automatically gets assigned by playing the story.

So long story short: I can't even find the dens anymore. >_< Is this a common bug or am I missing something here?

Edit: Comparing some maps from guides and walkthroughs, I found that the symbols are the ones for Master Missions, not dens. These lead me to the dens as well, where I can not only assign, but already play the first Master Mission for the assigned assassin. Guess that's why the "wrong" symbols are being displayed.

Edited by Shabadoo_Shrimp
Solution found