Need to delete Patches?

Hey guys,

I recently bought this game and been doing the story mode and some secondary missions but I've been reading and hearing that with the patchs the trophies start to glitch, so I was wondering, now that this game is like a year old, do I need to delete the patchs just for the SP and reintall them for multiplayer?

I've been having many problems with desmond memories, den defense and many other things but I'm really worried about the books and bomb trophies

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I'm stuck on that kind of situation actually and was just about to ask around here. In fact, I already did a bunchload of bombs and the 30 bombs trophy won't pop, tried deleting the patches but then the game won't let me load my saved game, also worried about the all books trophy.

Is there anything I can do besides starting a new game?

Edit: Just after writing this I went to look for any other infos I could find and found a comment on the 30 bomb trophy here on the site:

This trophy isn't glitched. You just need to make one bomb from each catagory and once back in the game, just hold R2 to bring up the weapon wheels, highlight each bomb and press X to add another bomb. Just do that 30 times and the trophy will soon ping.

Also I found this method as the only way to complete the bomb challenges - craft a bomb with each shell and also the craft one of each bomb (10 in total).

I tried that out and after some time (not sure if delay or not all bombs counted) I got the trophy, did many more than 30 though.

Edited by pauloxzak
new info

• 4 weeks later...

Trying for a friend indeed. I've completed the bomb challenges (got trophy) the assassins challenges 7/7 and the Romanies 10/10 and no trophy. Any input in this? I have the thieves and mercanaries left to do. Should I just complete a set that isn't done? ( I have the latest patch installed but I did most of the game before the patches). Thank for your help

• 1 month later...
I'm stuck on that kind of situation actually and was just about to ask around here. In fact, I already did a bunchload of bombs and the 30 bombs trophy won't pop, tried deleting the patches but then the game won't let me load my saved game, also worried about the all books trophy.

Is there anything I can do besides starting a new game?

Edit: Just after writing this I went to look for any other infos I could find and found a comment on the 30 bomb trophy here on the site:

I tried that out and after some time (not sure if delay or not all bombs counted) I got the trophy, did many more than 30 though.

I'm late, but I want to point out that this method worked like a charm. It wasted ALOT of my ingredients, but it got me the trophy...so that's all that matters.

For the Desmond sequences i deleted the patches until i did all 5. I also completed all challenges and the majority of all the other extra miscellaneous crap like buying shops and leveling recruits and combat trophies. I did this all during sequence 2 as it is easiest during that one. Then i reinstalled the updates.
I have the Ezio Trilogy, which apparently doesn't put any patch data on your PS3...so I needed an alternative method.

• 3 weeks later...