Confirmed Patch 1.04 Causes Bomb Craft Glitches

I can confirm that the last patch which is 1.04 puts a block on Bomb Challenges progress for

Using every bomb type twice (as in use 2 of each ingrediant)

Making 1 of every bomb (make 1 of each bomb)

Once I deleted the patch I just deleted the game data as well to be sure and skipped the patch and re-installed the game data only for now, I then made one of each bomb type and it unlocked on my challenges list so did the other above. But because of this glitch I also got the "A Friend Indeed" trophy even though I hadnt completed everything I still had 1 Romany chellanged to complete and I still have 3 den defences to do.

Just wanted to let people know in future that if they dont seem to be unlocking the patch is glitching them.

• 2 months later...
They are punishing people for playing the game late instead of Buying AC3 :p

I also had this issue since launch of revelations, that and the book trophy. My old ps3 crapped out on me a while ago and I never got back to this game; also I lost the saves too meaning I'll have to do the main game story all over again. I'll keep the deleting the patch and game data (not save data) in mind when the time comes.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so, I'm having the same problem...so far "Craft 30 Bombs" is the only trophy that doesn't seem to be popping for me. The actual challenges I really don't care about.

Problem is, I have the "Ezio Trilogy"...so there's no patch data on my PS3. I delete my game data utility, but turning the game back on auto installs it with no way to skip it. Does anyone know of any other solution?

Also I understand this supposed patch causes the "Sage" Trophy not to unlock either. I haven't gotten all the books yet to check, but any solution ahead of time is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Found a work around in this thread from this post. Worked like a charm.

Though still worried about the "Sage" Trophy since I have no patch data on my PS3 to delete.

Edited by TheViper4Life

• 2 years later...

playing the game from disk. I can confirm that after deleting the latest patch 1.04 and the game data (just in case) I manged to get the bomb challenge of (craft one bomb of each effect type -10 effects-) by crafting 3 each time. After that the trophy of crafting 30 bombs poped which confirms that the trophy as well as challenge are glitched.

Note 1: Don't attempt that if you downloaded one of the DLC 's as I'm not sure if it affects the save file or not.

Note 2: After deleting the patch the game starts to have slower loading times after you play the disk before start menu.

This post is for all of you guys who are trying to catch up with the series -like me-. I hope it shows up on gooogle search or whatever search engine you use. Good Luck!;)

playing the game from disk. I can confirm that after deleting the latest patch 1.04 and the game data (just in case) I manged to get the bomb challenge of (craft one bomb of each effect type -10 effects-) by crafting 3 each time. After that the trophy of crafting 30 bombs poped which confirms that the trophy as well as challenge are glitched.

Note 1: Don't attempt that if you downloaded one of the DLC 's as I'm not sure if it affects the save file or not.

Note 2: After deleting the patch the game starts to have slower loading times after you play the disk before start menu.

This post is for all of you guys who are trying to catch up with the series -like me-. I hope it shows up on gooogle search or whatever search engine you use. Good Luck!;)

Your correct, deleting the patch whilst already downloaded dlc doesn't work. Gamesave looks for missing data and won't load.