Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Sequence 6, Memory 4

I am recently getting my lazy butt into gear and finishing up AC Revelation in order to be ready to play AC III when it comes out. After having lost my save, I had to play the entire game from the beginning up until the point that made me quit AC Revelations with disgust...Trying to obtain 100% sync on Sequence 7, memory 4, if you couldn't guess. This was hands down the most insane hardest 100% sync to obtain in Revelations and the other AC games that started doing the optional requirement to achieve 100% sync in memories. Looking this up I found lots of strategies, video guides, etc. that did not help. I also found many upon many posts from people (including on this forum) that were highly aggravated at trying to get 100% sync on this memory. After a few hints (such as remembering my bombs and actually learning that I could craft on the spot without a crafting table =.=) I have devised an absolutely perfect strategy to get 100% sync on this memory. Imagine my relief when I finally, FINALLY satisfied my OCD with a 100% sync on this and was able to type this up. Even now I felt the need to take the time and share this strategy with my fellow gamers, AC Revelations sitting paused waiting for me at the start of Sequence 8. Hang on Ezio, be right there! P.S., I joined just to type this post. :)

Okay! So we all know the memory's 100% sync requirement, you can't take damage. Take it from me, this is absolutely impossible using just a weapon. The guards throw things (rocks and knives) as well as jump at you with an unblockable attack at times. Not to mention, shit loads of them. I don't know how many times I tried to get through just killing all of them with my hidden blades or sword by countering attacks. There is a reason I got sick of it and abandoned playing Revelations altogether for a long while. Now hopefully you knew this already instead of just learning it like me...You can craft bombs from the weapon menu while holding down R2. However, you must have the necessary ingredients! This strategy does require that you do have a good deal of ingredients saved up. I had tons because I rarely ever use bombs. In fact to be honest, this is the first time in AC Brotherhood or AC Revelations I found the bombs not only useful, but essential for success.

There is only one bomb you need. A splinter bomb. But make it according to this recipe. You want to use an impact shell, British powder, and shrapnel. For those of you that are very familiar with and like the bombs, you will understand that combination. For others, I will explain. The impact shell explodes immediately upon contact with an enemy, the British gunpowder has a very wide spread range, and the shrapnel kills enemies. This in essence means that when you toss one of these babies into a group of enemies standing together (as they are in this part of the memory) it will explode immediately against the guard it hits, the shrapnel spreading out and killing all nearby guards as well. Upon testing this particularly splinter bomb I found that everytime I threw it against the four guards in the very first part it would kill them all instantly.

So then with these British splinter bombs in pouch, you can now easily head for 100% sync. Everytime you hold triangle with bombs of this type facing a group of enemies Ezio will rear back and automatically target the nearby soldiers. Just keep throwing these little babies into the guards, killing them. Make more when you need to. You can do this for all of them if you have the ingredients, but alternatively to save ingredients you can fight two soldier groups with the sword or hidden blades by counter killing as long as you're extremely careful not to let one hit you. Before you know it you will be to the end. This actually suddenly made what was something impossible easy as cake to me, as I then finished the part in my first try using this bomb type (I never thought to try using my bombs before when I played it, I used poison instead).

So...I hope this really helps someone that is playing AC Revelations and is trying to get 100% sync on this memory. In my opinion my strategy in which I outlined above is absolutely the easiest one to do. But again I stress, you have to have plenty of ingredients to keep making the splinter bombs. Of course it would also help to just clear out the bigger groups and the majority of them. You just don't want to be trying to counter kill groups of four or more soldiers as it gets pretty much impossible.

Comments welcome. :) Friend requests welcome as well, RazOfDreams

Have a good one, guys, can't wait for Assassin's Creed III! :dance: