Multiplayer mode tips for fastest XP

Hey Guys,

Been wanting to finish this game for a while now but all i need for the Plat is to level up online but I just find the MP so boring, its better than most tacked on MP but still, after a couple matches I just want to turn it off and play something else.

So, Im just gonna grin and bear it and try to get it all done in one day so does anybody know the best MP mode to do for fast XP? I boosted the vast majority of ACB so Im not very clear what modes are what.

Any info as usual will be greatly appreciated guys.

Manhunt is, as was the case in AC Brotherhood, the safest and most reliable way to level up quickly. A few other modes have a much higher scoring potential, but they require either a great deal of skill (like Assassination) or a great deal of luck (like Corruption, mentioned in the post above me).

AC Revelations is geared so much more towards the pursuer, especially compared to AC Brotherhood, that a defensive round of Manhunt should get you plenty of points to keep going, while the offensive round is just an added bonus. An average player in an average lobby should be able to get anywhere between 3000 and 4000 XP per Manhunt match... and if you find yourself in a lobby where you're better than your opponents, you should pretty much be able to double that to about 6000 XP per match.

Just play the game, you need to do one of every game type anyway for a trophy.

You only have to reach lvl 20 and you should manage that in a few hours.

Thanks for the reply mate but i did say ALL i need to do for Plat is level up. Therefore ive already got that trophy for playing all modes. Thats why im asking which mode other people had the most joy from xp wise.

Thanks for the reply mate but i did say ALL i need to do for Plat is level up. Therefore ive already got that trophy for playing all modes. Thats why im asking which mode other people had the most joy from xp wise.

Must have missed that bit, i really should read the op's more carefully.

If you've played all the modes you should be at a reasonable lvl already. It really doesnt take that long to lvl up. only took me around 6 hours to do just playing whatever mode was chosen.

As moving on said try manhunt if you're average, if you're good try assassinate or corruption, it wont take you too long.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh you've probably gotten the trophy by now but my two cents is to agree with Moving On.

Manhunt was my favourite game mode in ACB and nothing's changed since ACR. You can get decent xp for this mode even if you suck at the mp because one round just involves staying hidden and stunning people with your teammates. It sucks that you don't get smoke bomb until level 20 but you can still rack up some decent points without even getting many kills (runners never prosper xD)

It's also a fairly popular mode so you'll generally have no trouble getting matched. But again it does depend on what time you play. Towards the end I didn't want to waste my time getting a mere 1000xp playing with and getting beaten by level 50s who spam smoke bomb and generally have better abilities then you. So I just played at a time when more people were playing. Then you get some varied levels and generally have more fun, easily racking up 5k - 6k per match.

• 1 month later...
I am having a lot of trouble getting XP - what are you supposed to do when everyone is just running around? All I have left is the 20th level trophy and its just excruciating playing this.

What you mean "everyone is just running around?" ? What game type are you playing? For exemple in Mahunt are 2 parts, one you attack one you defend, in defense you need to hide, when you see the other team running throw a smoke bomb to stun him (press O).

• 3 weeks later...
What you mean "everyone is just running around?" ? What game type are you playing? For exemple in Mahunt are 2 parts, one you attack one you defend, in defense you need to hide, when you see the other team running throw a smoke bomb to stun him (press O).

The smoke bomb isn't unlocked UNTIL lvl 20 so it's kinda useless to suggest using it to get to lvl 20 :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got all the mp trophies. About getting to lvl 20 - Unlike many others here suggest I could not get a decent points in MANHUNT, but discovered DEATHMATCH to be a reliable source of points. When I got a hang of how to play this game, with about half (or more) low level players in the lobby I managed to rack up to 4 000 - 6 500 xp per match.

Did all mp trophies in exactly 26 hours counting from the activation of a free trial pass, with the actual playing time below or around 10 hrs. So the 3-day pass is more than enough to manage this section, just one tip for U guyz - when you play in the evenings, be sure to wait & activate the 3-day-trial-pass right after midnight on the day you play, so you don't waste a whole day time with just a couple of hrs or even minutes ;)

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Kunegunda_GoRyl.png

Edited by Kunegunda_GoRyl

• 4 weeks later...
Just got all the mp trophies. About getting to lvl 20 - Unlike many others here suggest I could not get a decent points in MANHUNT, but discovered DEATHMATCH to be a reliable source of points. When I got a hang of how to play this game, with about half (or more) low level players in the lobby I managed to rack up to 4 000 - 6 500 xp per match.

I've been having the same exact experience. I was pretty terrible at Manhunt, but I'm decent enough that I'm usually in about that point range for Deathmatch. Last night I got from level 9-14 (and was able to get a round of steal the artifact for the explorer trophy), so just a couple more sessions of plugging away for the plat.

Problem I'm having now is if I turn my air conditioner on I can't hear the whispers, so I either have to sit and sweat or get killed way too much!

EDIT: OK, I did have a couple rounds of Manhunt that worked really well for me last night, but I just seem to be very inconsistent at it. Either way, got the plat now so I'm done!

Edited by Colinp42

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I found that I could get around 8000 in a death match with a little skill... just hide lots, know your map and go for those bonuses... a nice focus incognito poison can net you a thousand points nicely!

Once again, suggesting a weapon that isn't available at lower levels does not help too much. I could easily rack up Xp if I had smoke or poison bombs. Any tips (other than boosting) for those of us who don't want to sink 10+ hours into mp trying to reach level 20?

Edited by Snake Doctor337

Play Basic Deathmatch, where nobody has anything. It's much nicer than when all the level 20+ have smoke bomb and such when you have nothing.

Actually, this does avoid a lot of frustration since no one can use abilities. Unfortunately, it doesn't help too much as far as quick Xp. 2,000 - 3,000 is the typical score range. Oh well, maybe I'll be able to find a boosting group to make the road to level 20 much more efficient.

• 4 months later...