desmond memory glitch

Is any other part of your game affected? If it was me...I would clean the disc. Then pop another game in and then go back to Revelations. Still nothing?...Next I would delete the game file (not your game save file-keep that...you don't want to lose your game progress) and reload game. But if those don't work...

Looks to me like you'll have to start another game (unless someone comes up with a good idea). If you are pretty far along in the SP...I would just finish up the game and grab all the SP trophies (except the Desmond trophies of course) and then start a new one for the Desmond trophies later (I think that you just have a grab like 30 data fragments to access all the sequences-been awhile since I played). If you are just starting the SP game...just start over.

Good Luck...

Yes this has happened to me. Do you have all DNA fragments? What I did to fix it was to simply ignore it completely and just work on completing the game and collecting all the DNA fragments. After ending the game I had collected enough fragments to unlock all Desmond sequences. After the end credits rolled, I went back to Animus Island and no longer had the black screen problem.