This or arkham city

Haven't played Arkham City yet but Revelations is fun if not a little shorter than the other AC games.

You can get Arkham City for £16 or Rev for £12 atm so neither will break the bank.

I reckon you will get more of a challenge and longer game time out of Batman than Revelations if Arkham Asylum is anything to go by.

which game is better and worth the money?

Only person who can answer that question is you. It all depends on your personal preferences and whether or not you have played the previous games in both franchises. If you haven't played any of the previous games, it's much easier to get into Batman: Arkham City than it is to get into AC: Revelations.

Doing every single (side) mission in Batman: Arkham City will take you a lot longer, especially if you go for the platinum, but AC: Revelations has multiplayer for prolonged replayability. In terms of production values, storytelling and mission structure, both games are great... they both easily made my Top 5 of 2011.

which game is better and worth the money?

Arkham City is way better. No doubt.

I'm a fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise and have already preordered ACIII, but Revelations was very disappointing for me.

Arkham City's an upgrade from Arkham Asylum - Revelations' more of a downgrade from Brotherhood and here's why I think so:

Story: Too short! You'll get through in 10-20 hours, depending on what you do. When I think of the Borgias, well, the characters in Revelations lack a lot of personality in comparison. They are "flat" and uninteresting.

Open World: Small. Only one medium-sized city. No countryside, no horses.

Singleplayer: Game mechanics are beginning to show their age. Climbing doesn't feel so fluid anymore. Fighting needs a complete overhaul, too. Where's the point in having lots of different bombs and moves if you can easily counter-kill with one press of a button? And OHK everybody after a simple button-mash-combo? Add to that boring den defense games and "first-person-portal-tetris-levels" almost everybody disliked (personally, I liked the Desmond levels for their atmosphere and story bits ;) ).

Multiplayer: Oh how I loved Brotherhood's MP. Especially Wanted mode. The developers promised a better balanced MP - and guess what: there are still stupid jerks running and jumping around for cheap 100 points kills. I'll stop playing it when the trophy for reaching level 20 has unlocked. It's a shame. It feels like a missed opportunity for a really really great MP.

Get Arkham first. You can still get Revelations later.

You can't really compare the games. Completely different, I had more fun playing Rev and enjoyed the story a whole lot more than Arkham City and the story in Arkham City is so short you can easily finish the story in 6-8 hours. Batman is way more stealthy than Ezio. The settings are completely different when playing both the feel soo different. I'd pick Rev, A whole lot bigger than Arkham City plus in Batman you spend pretty much all your time on roof tops.

• 3 weeks later...